PFSweb Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It can be hard to juggle a work life balance during these months (in 8 reviews)

• Some management, call center environment (in 7 reviews)

"Great Potential, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong client companies, time off, hiring new people in staff and management. Majority are f managers and HR staff have been at company less than six months. Chance for new and smarter leaders to move the company through the next level.

Cons

Poor management. Some GM's are in the acting GM role and are not qualified and have not been developed to lead a team of managers and a facility. High turnover in management and hourly employees due to poor planning and decision making. You can believe the Glassdoor reviews, they are true.

Advice to Management

Senior VP needs to clean house and move the company into the 21st century.

"Client Financial Services"

Former Employee - CFS in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - CFS in Allen, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No weekends. Casual dress code. Free coffee.

Cons

Low pay on annual review.

"Poor Managing"

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

in Downtown Dallas, co workers are great, they give you Papa John's when you have overtime which is very rare, and they sometimes cater food.

Cons

Where do I begin? Started as a temp and was converted to permanent very promptly. It seemed like such an amazing opportunity however as it progressed I couldn't wait to leave. Worked the last shift and was promised a "shift bid" where we could switch schedules... it never happened. If you are night they will NEVER change your schedule. One poor co worker of mine was promised a change since February and once she realized in September it would never happen quit. Although the supervisor constantly told her she would and lied every single time she asked. Was promised a position in the email department which never came. They made us stay during the police shooting in downtown Dallas without allowing us to log off phones just continue on even though customers could clearly hear it. The next day instead of offering us a day off made us all work but let all of morning shift call in with no penalty. I despise this company. The may is minimal and the "team leads" have a serious attitude problem and want to offer little to no help at all. Benefits are a joke. If you want medical it's like $100 a month with a deductible of $1,500!!!! They don't offer discounted parking or an employee parking area which makes half of your check go to parking.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and treat them good and they might stay longer than 6 months.

"Team Lead/ Supervisor"

Former Employee - Senior Medical Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Medical Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved some of the people.

Cons

Fired me without investigating the truth.

Advice to Management

Learn to look into a situation before you take a persons welfare.

5. "Look elsewhere for cool technology"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Remote work and great team. Flexible hours and vacation. Volunteering benefit WAS great. Work close with your team or solo, your choice.

Cons

And now the bad....
    If you wanna work with aging hardware, out of date software, sparse licensing and garage spare parts keep reading. I worked as Systems Administrator and server would crash routinely due to company not wanting to buy new hardware/software. Spending nights on-call with servers down knowing how preventable it was, how frustrating. Continuous Integration, orchestration does not exist. Plan on building servers from scratch. Opinions on hardware and software please keep them to yourself. They won't be needed at this company.

Advice to Management

If software is your IP please invest in the hardware and software that is used to create it! Hard to attract talent to work on cool projects if you won't even upgrade your hardware infrastructure.

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

You sometimes receive free products for the company that your does customer service for.

Cons

Pay is minimal, and sometimes lack of support from upper management.

7. "MRO Purchasing Manager Memphis"

Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Memphis, TN

Pros

insurance, time off, vacation, work environment, location, possible room for growth.

Cons

Professional management skills. Respect among co-workers is enforced yet it does not apply to upper management.

Advice to Management

Overall company provides excellent benefits & possible room for growth, but parts of management appeared a little screwy at times. Co-workers super & atmosphere was a pleasurable place to work. I appreciated that Respect among co-workers was greatly emphasized yet I found it lacking in a part of management. Imagine your employment being terminated with just the answer "it didn't work out". Even when sincerely questioned as to why the termination the manager lacked on communication skills and repeated with a snarl "it just didn't work out". Not real respectful or professional. A better form of communication with a slight explanation would perhaps help someone learn from their mistakes. The funny thing about it was two weeks prior other more professional PFSweb management expressed the importance of leadership towards my growth with the company . Guess the rules of respect didn't apply to one manager - Who displayed no respect or leadership or guidance. After being professionally Interviewed & recommended by one Senior Recruiter & two department VP's , this one manager knew more than everyone else....... and It Just Didn't Work Out. Now that's a leader! Funny...you never know when you treat someone with such disrespect who this person may know or who a family members knows or what actual contacts they may have with your clients.
    US MT no more 2016.

"IT Support Technician"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at PFSweb (Less than a year)

Pros

The Memphis facility is in a good location for accessibility for employees and access to FedEx.

Cons

There is a lack of growth potential for IT associates.

"Do not working in warehouse poor management"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Memphis, TN

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay if you worked a full 40 hour week, tight security on the lot, benefits were pretty good

Cons

Full time employees did not make our 40 hours a week and the management is very petty and unorganized and biased

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to employee needs

"As of 2016"

Current Employee - Credit Fraud Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Credit Fraud Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom, Stability, Non Micromanage, Vacation/benefits

Cons

The pay compared to other companies is low