KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 295 of over 355 reviews

4.1
PHP Agency Founder Patrick Bet-David
Patrick Bet-David
Pros
  • "Weekly trainings for licensed and non-(in 17 reviews)

• "Great networking personal development fantastic compensation(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Many people think it's a scam because they come in with an entitlement mindset(in 26 reviews)

• "go into supporting the companies high up creating a pyramid scheme(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Sexual Orientation

This rating reflects the overall rating of PHP Agency and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Hands down the best FMO in America!

Oct 6, 2021 - Life Agent in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just love everything about this company! Specially the culture and the their unique method of helping you with self-development and leadership skills.

Cons

There is simply nothing I can think of!

PHP Agency Response

We are grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us and the community.

2. 5.0

BEST COMAPNY CHANGES MY LIFE

Aug 21, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly competitive and energetic environment, with huge potential for growth. There is a clear mission and focus on serving and educating families and doing the right thing for the client. I have been with the company for 4 years plus. I replaced my corporate job to work full time with the company in less than 18 months. You are encouraged to go for higher promotions and there is no cap placed on your income. There is a documented Blueprint document and agent training manual that is available to every agent. Also there is an education website with tons of audio, videos and resources dedicated to teaching agents skillsets and mindset to be successful in the business. There is a matchup system that allows you to learn from multiple different trainers even those no directly connected to you.

Cons

Bad apples: due to the recruiting model, a lot of negative and close-minded people are allowed into the company. Usually people with zero business experience who think everything is a scam, so they quit and leave bad reviews online which in turns hurts our business. Please, if you tried it out and it wasn't for you, keep your failures to yourself.

3. 5.0

Greatest Company

Oct 4, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro is the leadership, mentorship, and guidance they provide through all the trainings. It's so noble what we do for families on the agent side and the client side.

Cons

The only con is if you're not a fan of capitalism. This is business, not a job. If you work hard, you make a lot of money, if you don't work, you make no money.

4. 5.0

Sales Agent

Oct 4, 2021 - Sales Representative in Longview, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work with.

Cons

If you are lazy this company is not a good for for you. If you put your best foot forward you can fo for in the company.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run

Oct 6, 2021 - Licensed Life Insurance Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work hours, work whenever you want.

Cons

Meeting after meeting. There’s no marketing for leads at all. They make money by selling tickets to agents to attend big events. I worked for Las Vegas office. My upline is broke and he couldn’t afford to buy the event tickets and asked me to transfer my ticket to him and he never pay me back. Now you see how people could make money in this company

1 person found this review helpful

PHP Agency Response

We appreciate that you took the time out to leave us a review. All perspectives are acknowledged and deserve a response. PHP Agency is a recognized organization partnered with top-rated insurance companies. In the insurance industry, each state requires individuals to obtain a life insurance license (to become a 1099 agent) to earn a commission paid by life insurance carriers. Please reach out to our team at PHP with any questions, as we are happy to continue the conversation.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Just your typical insurance MLM company

Sep 28, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Monthly book recommendation was a plus, although some books were questionable.

Cons

Nothing is upfront. You are told that all you need is the enrollment fee of $150 into the company which doesn't seem too bad. Then you are blindsided with other fees once you enroll like: 1. Fees for your pre-licensing course 2. State test and fingerprints 3. A blueprint 4. Monthly fee of $15 to access the PHP app. You have to get life insurance right away. Then there is the event that happens twice a year which goes around $150, not counting the cost to fly to the event, hotels, food and more. If you do not attend the event, you pretty much become a black sheep and are told you are not serious with your career with them. About 3 months into the company, you are expected to start paying your 'plug-in" fees which is your part of the rent for the office you are base in which varies based on the location. Mine was around $70 per month. Mind you, the only fee you are told about when you sign up is the $150 enrollment fees so being hit with random fees here and there that you were not told about up front shady at best. You end up paying close to $1000 your first, not to include the monthly rent and app fee. You have 3 days to get a refund after you enroll but they do not tell you about all the additional fees till the 3 days is up so you do not back up and ask for you money back. They use manipulative tactics, making you write down your why. Then when you do not recruit anyone, they use your answers to shame you. No cool.

2 people found this review helpful

PHP Agency Response

We appreciate that you took the time out to leave us a review. All perspectives are acknowledged and deserve a response. As for PHP Agency, our company is a recognized organization partnered with top-rated insurance companies. In the insurance industry, each state requires individuals to obtain a life insurance license (to become an agent) to earn a commission paid by life insurance carriers. Please reach out to our team at PHP with any questions, as we are happy to continue the conversation.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

PHP is multi-level marketing

Sep 24, 2021 - Life Insurance Agent in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Industry is good. Life Insurance is helping product.

Cons

no agent training or product training too much stress and pressure to recruit Call out culture is disrespectful Earn points is more important than sell what is best for client

PHP Agency Response

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us and the community.

8. 5.0

Excellent company !

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

FinTech Company Next Level Mentorship Offering private shares on 2021 CEO Patrick BetDavid Company support to the field (I come from the industry prior PHP and I never had the support that PHP provides to the field) Many incentives Company paid trips Variety on Companies and products

Cons

Cons You become an independent contractor, which means the business is up to you! In some cities becoming license will take longer than other cities If people that were recruited into the company didn't have performing sponsor they will leave with a sour taste because they didn't get results

1 person found this review helpful

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best decision ever

Aug 18, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have the opportunity to change people life. Is a great opportunity to grow in the world of life insurance.

Cons

I do not have any concerns about it. Its a good company. They have to contract more employees for customers service.

10. 5.0

Life Changing Company

Feb 6, 2021 - Senior Marketing Director in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are absolutely the best at training someone who doesn’t come from the industry. Most insurance agencies only try to recruit you after they know you are licensed. PHP, they encourage you if you have no experience. They don’t ask you to cold call, door knock or buy leads. You can do it on a part time basis and have great coaching and mentorship that will help you. You also get to build your own agency. They encourage you to sell what company is the best for the client and then help you build your own network. Amazing culture and leadership is very young which gives confidence of their future.

Cons

If you don’t like recruiting or building teams you probably won’t like PHP. If you don’t like managing teams or working with people and just want to sell and go home you probably won’t like the culture. We do not make money on the initial $199 when agents join but that is not true. Many people think because you have to pay to join it’s a pyramid so you have to learn to overcome that objection.

2 people found this review helpful