Cover image for PHP Agency

PHP Agency

Engaged Employer

PHP Agency

Add a Review

PHP Agency Employee Reviews about "pyramid scheme"

Updated Oct 10, 2021

4.0
PHP Agency Founder Patrick Bet-David
Patrick Bet-David

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "some people are nice until you realize they are only doing it for their business(in 19 reviews)
  • "Weekly trainings for licensed and non(in 18 reviews)
  • "Great company to work with great leadership(in 16 reviews)
  • "You can do it on a part time basis and have great coaching and mentorship that will help you.(in 14 reviews)
  • "It’s very diverse & has a great culture(in 14 reviews)
Cons
  • "All the money is filtered to the top and they make money off recruiting you.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Low compensation(in 7 reviews)
  • "They claim to be the most high paying company when in reality you start as a 30% when other company start from a 50% to 80% commission.(in 5 reviews)
  • "I was never taught anything I was just told to recruit friends and family and convince them to buy insurance.(in 5 reviews)
  • "You can go get licensed and go to a bigger agency where you actually sell AND get benefits.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PHP Agency and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pyramid scheme"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

People Helping People

Sep 30, 2020 - Director in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding work that doesn't really feel like work most of the time. Really lives up to the name of People Helping People. Great support network. Team Building. Motivational. You get what you put into it. This work takes heart and dedication. High earning potential.

Cons

The lack of trust from potetial clients and associates thinking the company is a "scam" or "pyramid scheme."

3 people found this review helpful

Director of Marketing & Communications

We are grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us and the community.

2. 1.0
    Formerly Self-employed

Don’t Do It

Oct 10, 2021 - Insurance Sales Agent in Oak Brook, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay can be great, comradeship, fun and energetic environment.

Cons

Pyramid scheme, bug friends and family for sales.

4 people found this review helpful

PHP Agency Response

We appreciate that you took the time out to leave us a review. All perspectives are acknowledged and deserve a response. PHP Agency is a recognized organization partnered with top-rated insurance companies. In the insurance industry, each state requires individuals to obtain a life insurance license (to become a 1099 agent) to earn a commission paid by life insurance carriers. Please reach out to our team at PHP with any questions, as we are happy to continue the conversation.

3. Join the PHP Agency team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Pyramid Scheme

Jun 10, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people can be nice

Cons

This is a pyramid scheme. They market it as being insurance sales but its recruiting. They make money off of the $199 and thats all they care about. You can go get licensed and go to a bigger agency where you actually sell AND get benefits. This is 1099 which works for some people but not worth it in this situation. Its about numbers to them. They don’t actually care if you make sales or not. Just bring in people to their seminars and get them to pay the fee.

4 people found this review helpful

Director of Marketing & Communications

We appreciate that you took the time out to leave us a review. All perspectives are acknowledged and deserve a response. As for PHP Agency, our company is a recognized organization partnered with top-rated insurance companies. In the insurance industry, each state requires individuals to obtain a life insurance license (to become an agent) to earn a commission paid by life insurance carriers. Please reach out to our team at PHP with any questions, as we are happy to continue the conversation.

5. 1.0
    Former Contractor

This is a pyramid scheme scam, don't fall for it

Jan 28, 2021 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's no good reason to work here, it's a scam.

Cons

This place is clearly trying to erase anyone who says they're a scam, but they're absolutely a MLM/pyramid scheme. You shouldn't have to pay money to start working anywhere. $200 "application fee"? Give me a break. They treat it like a cult and rope people in with this fun culture attitude and take advantage of desperate people. It's heinous. They then try and silence anyone who speaks out against them. This "company" is a total scam, don't fall for it.

8 people found this review helpful

6. 1.0
    Current Freelancer

Scam

Jan 13, 2021 - Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

pros is that you need zero experience

Cons

this is a pyramid scheme, you get recruited and then you make money for the person who recruited you and you recruit others who then make money for you

8 people found this review helpful

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

SCAM!! Run as fast as you can.

Dec 24, 2020 - Marketing Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to sell life insurance to save families. Personal development and vision. Ability think bigger and a lot of mindset coaching. Other than that way more negative things to say then good.

Cons

Sign up fees, hidden fees, you don’t own your book of business, your residuals get lost, after leaving PHP I cannot Get ahold of home office to get my financials adjusted. Have not seen my residuals. It’s a recruiting to sell agency, having to bother your friends, family for “training appointments “ in hope they will buy from you. Nearly everything you do as an agent costs money and they told me more you spend the harder it is to walk away. Because you have skin in the game. Mean while many End up selling the dream and living a financial nightmare. As you level up they say it gets better. My question is for who? Your upline? Yeah sure does for your upline because when you become a marketing director you give up your strongest leg as an exchange leg. Some say you have to do this other wise it would be a pyramid scheme. No it is a pyramid scheme. Constantly having to travel and Qualify for training, special dinners, conventions 2 times a year “training events” which usually are you listening to the same old song and dance of I’m rich! Go recruit that’s how you win and in reality it only benefits the top of the food chain. When I left My upline bugged my clients and my downline agents clients and went behind my back and closed deals our for him to make a lot of commission off of me. To add the practices and training to submit business at higher premium for “submitted” premium to hit promotions and then change it after it was issued to keep the client on books. Lot of fishy feelings. You’re trained to recruit and if you can’t find the recruits you pay for recruits out of your pocket to recruit your friends and family who will never do the business. I lost a lot of friends and family would always crack jokes you still doing that insurance thing.

16 people found this review helpful

Director of Marketing & Communications

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Please reach out to us directly via email to reputation@phpagency.com, as we would be happy to learn more about your feedback.

8. 1.0
    Former Freelancer

Get Your Own Life Insurance License & Do Research

Oct 5, 2020 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great motivational talks and conference calls

Cons

Terrible pyramid scheme set up. DO NOT RECOMMEND YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

7 people found this review helpful

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Sucks

Jun 21, 2020 - Salesman
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, you have to pay for everything. The only way to make money is by recruiting people, which is a pyramid scheme.

Cons

You have to pay 500 In total which they tell you it will ok because your going to make 1000 your first pay check

23 people found this review helpful

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A scam 100%

Mar 24, 2020 - Insurance Agent in Ventura, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is income potential when working for this company and it is not a complete scam because they do offer a real product to sale; however, its does function as a pyramid scheme in the background.

Cons

upon joining the company you have to pay 220$, 20$ go to getting your licensing and the other 200$ go into supporting the companies high up creating a pyramid scheme. I lost money being apart of this company as did many other people I know. The workers move into low income communities and offer all these false promises scamming people who are already struggling out of more money and they should be ashamed.

49 people found this review helpful

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

100% Legit - Industry Disruptor - "Taking over the Life Insurance industry like Uber took over the Taxi industry"

Sep 9, 2019 - Financial Services Representative in South Bend, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped Income Potential, Equity Ownership Available (Own part of the company!), Bonuses and Trips, Meet new awesome people, Positive Environment, No BOSS or punching a clock, Make your own schedule, No Quotas, Be your own boss!

Cons

People think it is a pyramid scheme...there is absolutely no pyramid or scam here. You can pass up anyone in title and income level! Your JOB is a pyramid scheme with the owner getting paid the most, all the way down to the grunts making the least, with nearly no opportunity to ever promote above the person who hired you. Think about that! We sell REAL products, not hype. Life Insurance and retirement solutions are not a scam, and neither are the 100+ year old companies we represent. People come in thinking they don't have to work or they can get things free...YOU MUST WORK and GET YOUR LICENSE to make good money. You don't get your license and work, then you are the scam...NOT US!! People who post negative reviews are either people who started, did nothing and didn't get their license...OR are our competitors who hate us for taking/replacing their business because we offer SUPERIOR products and service...OR are small-minded individuals who have no work ethic and can't envision anything greater than their current life/financial situation (POOR MINDSET). YOU MUST GET YOUR LICENSE AND PUT THE WORK IN. This is a business opportunity, not a J.O.B., and it is VERY rewarding if you get to work. Get paid what you are worth, not what you are told you are worth (like a JOB). Until then, we are not the scam...YOU ARE! Stop blaming us for your problems!

14 people found this review helpful