PHYCAL Reviews | Glassdoor

PHYCAL Reviews

3.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to jump-start a career"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at PHYCAL as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were great people, very intelligent and hardworking and everybody has a can-do attitude. I enjoyed working with them. It's an exciting environment to work in, because you're developing new technology and every day is a challenge. They were also very willing to train me, since I was right out of college when they hired me.

Cons

It is a start-up company, so their company infrastructure is still being established. Funding is always a question mark, so there were times that we had to go without a salary because the grant hadn't come through. We often had to buy cheap/used equipment because it was the only thing in our price range. Also, they expect you to work long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight.....I hope to see a day where sustainable fuels are a reality.

2. "The company has ambitious goals, like many startups.Overcoming the biological limitations may take longer than expected."

Pros

Very interesting and meaningful work. It's a privilege to work on high-risk projects like algae to fuel.

Cons

Cleveland and its inherent social structure.