PITCH Reviews | Glassdoor

PITCH Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2019

PITCH CEO Sara Bamossy and Marisstella Marinkovic	 (no image)
Sara Bamossy and Marisstella Marinkovic
Pros
Cons
  • "is so embarrassed about working there, no one even lists it on their LinkedIn profiles(in 8 reviews)

• "It's not for someone that is looking for work-life balance as clients are encouraged to request changes nightly and are promised the moon(in 7 reviews)

"New swanky office, great location in the mix of Culver City, lot of potential with new Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at PITCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

New office is awesome with multiple conference rooms and collab areas. Benefits are very generous compared to other companies. Agency is dog friendly. Small company setting where you can get involved in many different high-profile tasks if you’re ambitious. Great exposure to clients where you wouldn’t get nearly at larger agencies. Diverse work force to learn from and experience new things, while small enough... to leave your own imprint on others and the agency.

Cons

Sometimes need to wear multiple hats to get things accomplished which can hurt quality and lead to burnout for some. Weak sauce need not apply, as you’ll need to step up when called on to deliver results creatively.

Advice to Management

A lot of potential at the agency with new Leadership in place and new office is a major upgrade. The agency feels like a REAL agency now and it’s great working here. Existing and new clients love our new setting and have commented positively.

PITCH2019-04-11
  2. "Great agency for growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PITCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

- My direct managers taught me many new skills, were incredibly supportive, and pushed me to do my best work. - Inherently collaborative space, many reviews on here knock the small office but I loved how it led to everyone knowing about all current projects — great conversations stemmed from this - Upper management were always great leaders, in my experience. Sara (now the CEO) was a particularly influential... mentor figure in my early career.

Cons

- Projects often felt small-scale for Pitch's talent, no large campaign work - Relationship between creatives/strategists often felt more distant than one would hope

PITCH2019-04-02

"Hated it."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at PITCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great snacks available at Pitch. Health care options were great.

Cons

Open floor space. Manager literally told me not to talk to the exiting employees. Micromanaged everything.

Advice to Management

Needs to work on work/ life balance.

PITCH2019-04-12

"Worst. Management. Ever."

I worked at PITCH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The dogs. The location. The benefits.

Cons

These people are a joke. Management is mean girls gone wild. Can't hold or get clients.

Advice to Management

Resign.

PITCH2019-02-28
  5. "Junior Strategist"

Former Employee - Junior Strategist in Culver City, CA

I worked at PITCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Pitch was an amazing place to work. I was in the strategy department and felt excited, fulfilled, and supported by my advisors the entire length of my time here. -Everyone at Pitch was eager to help me learn, see me grow, and assure that I left with the best experience possible. -I learned an ENORMOUS amount about advertising, strategy, media, and business, and could not say there was anything that could make the... experience better. -Amazing company culture as well that made it even more incredible! I cannot recommend this company highly enough.

Cons

None i can think of

PITCH2018-08-28

"Stop lying"

I worked at PITCH full-time

Pros

- Dog-friendly - Good salary - Close to Platform in Culver City

Cons

- Fake reviews left by the same strategist (who may feel excited, fulfilled, and supported but she doesn't need to write it so many times) - Good portion of their 'clients' haven't worked with them for years - Upper management is involved in EVERYTHING and micromanages

PITCH2018-09-05

"Disfunction at the top"

Former Employee - Account Services in Culver City, CA

I worked at PITCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open Work Space, plus outdoor area Dog Friendly Competitive pay

Cons

Poor leadership at the top. A revolving door at all levels. Management will do anything to keep business including bad mouthing top employees. 24hr/365 work expectations and terrible parking to top it off.

PITCH2018-07-30

"great place for growth"

I have been working at PITCH full-time

Pros

Creative environment where you have the opportunity to own projects and exposure to clients like you would not at other agencies Great range of categories and assignments that go beyond traditional advertising. This place is smart and fast.

Cons

travel can be heavy at times, construction nearby so it can get loud. low performers tends not to make it

Advice to Management

A lot of good decisions being made - Keep it going this place is leveling up and people are excited

PITCH2018-06-09

"On the rise"

I have been working at PITCH full-time

Pros

You can feel the momentum at Pitch. The recent changes have been really positive. Leadership is thoughtful and genuine. Lots of brands and variety so there are always interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Not enough conference rooms, so it can get noisy at the peak of the day.

Advice to Management

keep building and hiring

PITCH2018-05-25

"RUN. Pitch is the biggest joke of an ad agency there is."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PITCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Culver City office location is fairly central (compared to playa vista and westside agencies that can take an hour to commute to, but nowadays, there are a few other cooler agencies in Culver City anyways).

Cons

-Small clients and even smaller client relationships. They don’t do global work, nonetheless noteworthy, non-regional AOR work (or broadcast, for that matter). You will be working on nothing but publishing materials (brand books, pamphlets, POP materials). So bad for your book and not worth the stress or time. If you want to do this sort of mundane work, leave advertising and go work for a publishing company.... -Office and staff look like they're in 2008 and not 2018. -Unreasonably early start time. This stems from the super stickler people who work there, who happen to be the only 3-4 people who actually enjoy being at this agency. You’re expected in by 8:30am or else expect to get rude texts to your personal phone demanding to know your ETA. -They’re dishonest about client relationships and their credentials/capabilities to potential clients (and to potential job candidates). They will tout their 2011-2012 work… that’s the work and client list you see online not the horrible, low-level work actually being done in there now -The office is HORRIBLE. It’s one large, gymnasium-like room. No breakaway area. No wellness room, war room, halls, no where to duck off for a few mins to gather thoughts, take a personal call or breather other than the bathroom stalls. Personal call? You have to take it outside on the loud street underneath the metro. The one-big room office is literally bad for your mental health -- open floor plans are the norm these days, but there's a difference between an office without cubicles and an office where THERE ARE NO ROOMS FOR PRIVACY OR BRAINSTORMING. -Low employee morale. Literally 90% of the “office” is so embarrassed about working there, no one even lists it on their LinkedIn profiles. Its clear that Pitch is just a pit stop for temp income for people pursuing better agencies maybe after getting laid off elsewhere or moving or something. Most employees are freelance, and those that are full-time still don’t have intention on being there more than 3-4 months as they are applying for other work on a rolling basis, even in the open at work. It's just very telling. -There's only about 20 employees total (across all departments), but about 30 projects at once. Sure, the projects are small and not huge broadcast campaigns, but they still exasperate the process with tedious briefings, meetings and regroups that will have you slammed with little to no desk or working time. -Nobody who works here can work anywhere else, and that’s the only reason why Pitch still exists. 99% of the agency doesn't have the rigor, resume or books to work at a shop like W+K, 72, TBWA or Droga (for reference) and they'll all be stuck there. -No PR. No PR-able work. It's almost as though Pitch doesn't even exist in the ad world (and in the trades like adweek/adage/the drum and such). -Tacky branding. The fake tree and lime green on everything is such an eye sore -Shaky finances. They gave me $1,000 to relocate and then asked for it back 2 weeks later, when I said I couldn’t return it (I’d spent it already on you know… RELOCATING) they begged me if I could at least “return some or any of it” — this is probably why the agency has about 50 desks and only 18 or so have people in them (half of which are freelance) -Nobody in advertising knows about Pitch. Not even in LA. Your friends at other agencies won’t know where you work or what you work on (and you won’t even want to tell them). It's hard to sell when you start interviewing again at higher caliber shops. -Leadership just keeps promoting themselves once a month and pitching it to the trades/press? -Outdated systems like keynote and powerpoint. No google. This is inefficient for collaborating on decks and sharing with “clients.” Makes the process of working on anything so entirely difficult. -Toxic and patronizing management at every turn. -"Client" list is all over the place and is so sloppy. You can't even keep track of it. You'll be working on 11 different "clients" in the same day, all in different categories and industries. -Most employees only last 3 or so months. It is such a pit stop. I quit within 3.5 weeks (I was told 3-5 week stints happen there A LOT), was looking again as early as my first day. Upon quitting, several people from the agency told me they’re also actively looking and begged me to help them get hired out by sharing my contacts (and they’d all been there for under 4 and 5 months). On my first week, a co-worker told me in a 1:1 she’d be happy to be a reference for me because “you should always be looking [for another role] when you work at Pitch” -Fake positive and neutral reviews on here are written by the few staffers who actually believe in this place -- have seen it with my own two eyes.

Advice to Management

-Stop accepting every RFP in the world, it's tacky -- and demoralizing for employees to be forced to work on brand pamphlets for LOCAL culver city small businesses as an actual deliverable and project .... nobody can take any of the work seriously if it's all so small and one-off nonetheless have any passion. -Um. just close the agency. It's time.

PITCH2018-06-08