PKF O’Connor Davies Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2021

3.9
PKF O’Connor Davies Managing Partner Kevin Keane
Kevin Keane
Pros
  • "Work life balance is pretty good for the most part too(in 11 reviews)

• "o'connor davies(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Public accounting long hours Saturdays(in 6 reviews)

• "Busy season hours are better here and flexible, option to work from home on Saturdays as well(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place

Jan 28, 2021 - Internal Auditor in Melville, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and lots of resources

Cons

Lag in work and little diversity

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that during your time with us you enjoyed the company of your colleagues and the array of resources we offer. Additionally, we encourage all professional team members to reach out to our Firm Schedulers or their individual office scheduler to further discuss any issues or suggestions as they relate to your workloads, scheduled jobs, etc.

2. 4.0

Great Company

Apr 25, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Harrison, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and room to improve

Cons

Some departments get better opportunities

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great entry firm

Apr 20, 2021 - Senior Audit Associate in Harrison, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Various industries, good office environment, helpful team members.

Cons

Can be stuck in one industry as you move up.

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We want nothing more than our employees to be happy in their careers and with the work that they are performing which is why we offer all of our employees internal transfer opportunities when they wish to pursue opportunities outside of their current industry practice, group and/or department. Feedback from our employees, especially our young employees, is highly valued. As the Firm managing partner, Kevin Keane, has said on numerous Town Hall webinars please do not hesitate to reach out to him directly and/or our Chief of HR or your local Office Managing Partner to discuss anything you wish to address.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice place - better than most public accounting firms

Apr 7, 2021 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment and overall positive atmosphere. Also gives great year end bonuses.

Cons

The hours expected to work will vary drastically depending on the industry you work in.

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Back in 2019, after careful consideration of the Firm’s professional responsibility to its clients, our overall culture, the work/life balance of our employees, and the timing of revenue streams from our current business lines, it was decided to eliminate the requirement for mandatory minimum billable hours for the period from February 1st to April 15th, previously referred to as the “traditional busy season.” Instead, professional staff are simply asked to work the hours necessary to meet deliverable deadlines for clients within the industry areas they are assigned without regard to the time of year. Professional staff are responsible for completing all tasks assigned to them within established deadlines and working the hours necessary to complete those tasks. Depending on the deadlines, certain tasks may take less than the previously required minimum 50 or 55 hours, while others may take more. In many cases, your efficiencies will enable you to complete your assignments in fewer hours. For a number of staff, such as those in the tax practice area, you may find that you will still need to work additional hours during the period from February 1st through April 15th, similar to the way you have in the past. Staff in other industry practice areas may be busier during other times of the year.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Gain a lot of experience in a short time

Feb 10, 2021 - Audit Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very welcoming employees with good office culture. Gain a lot of experience with different accounting programs, working with different clients, and teams. Also have good firm events including an annual summer firm picnic to see employees in other offices. Also have annual audit and tax training seminars to stay updated on current accounting standards.

Cons

During busy season work longer hours and have to balance multiple engagements at a time.

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that during your time with us you enjoyed the company of your colleagues and some of the various other perks we offer. Effective busy season 2019, after careful consideration of the Firm’s professional responsibility to its clients, our overall culture, and the work/life balance of our team members, PKFOD decided to eliminate the requirement for mandatory minimum billable hours for the period from February 1st to April 15th, previously referred to as the “traditional busy season.” Instead, team members are simply asked to work the hours necessary to meet deliverable deadlines for clients within the industry areas they are assigned without regard to the time of year. Team members are responsible for completing all tasks assigned to them within established deadlines and working the hours necessary to complete those tasks. Depending on the deadlines, certain tasks may take less than the previously required minimum 50 or 55 hours, while others may take more. In many cases, an individuals efficiencies will enable them to complete their assignments in fewer hours. Through our Performance Management cycle and Quick-Shot reviews, our employees are continuously evaluated year-round. Team members are encouraged to “own their career” and request feedback for their performance from those individuals responsible for monitoring their daily performance and providing feedback to them. It is the responsibility of each team member to initiate a Quick-Shot review from their direct report, or anyone from the level of Senior and above that has sufficient knowledge of their performance on engagements or projects. Quick-Shot evaluations can be launched at any time throughout the course of the year by the team member to their direct report/engagement rater or at the close of an engagement or project. Additionally, we encourage all team members to reach out to our designated HR Director and-or HR Manager who both oversee our Performance Management and Quick-Shot Review Programs as well as to refer to the Performance Feedback Handbook which is located on the PKFOD Intranet for more information.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people but those in charge are too old school

Apr 9, 2021 - Staff Accountant in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers Summer fridays and flexible schedules - but auditors don't get to take advantage of this as much

Cons

No wrap up time built into jobs - jobs just overlap too much lower salary old school partners afraid of change - don't like wfh or hybrid schedules

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Work-life balance is a top priority for the Firm and our goal is for employees at all levels to be able to take advantage of all of our various perks and/or flex options. Please be sure to reach out to your local office HR Manager/Director or to the Chief of HR to discuss how they can assist you with taking advantage of the Firm's various perks/flex options. Additionally, we encourage all professional team members to reach out to the Firm Schedulers/their individual office scheduler and/or their engagement in-charge or manager directly to further discuss any issues or suggestions as they relate to their workloads, scheduled jobs, etc. Furthermore, employees are encouraged to address any issues or concerns they may have with regard to their compensation during their annual performance review/goal setting meeting with their career advisor.

7. 4.0

Good place

Mar 23, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Cranford, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great paid time off -4 weeks for seniors

Cons

Partners are older and old school

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your feedback! Work-life balance isn’t just important when it comes to our employees – it’s essential which is why we offer our employees a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) allotment. We appreciate your input and we encourage you to reach out to your local office Managing Partner or HR Director to discuss any office specific issues in further detail.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Jan 11, 2021 - Tax Accountant in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very knowledgeable staff, company treats their employees well

Cons

Work life balance, miscommunication between management themselves

Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Work-life balance is a top priority for the Firm which is why we offer our employees a variety of perks such as Flexible Work Options, Remote Working, Summer Fridays and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) allotment. Additionally, we continue to encourage all employees to further discuss any issues or suggestions as they relate to improving our communication process whether that is by reaching out to their Office Managing Partner, the Chief Human Resources Officer or by submitting an inquiry via our quarterly "How's It Going Survey?"

9. 5.0

Great firm!

Jan 11, 2021 - Tax Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great culture!

Cons

None that I can think of

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Jan 19, 2021 - Senior Tax Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home during covid

Cons

not too many cons for mid size public accounting firm

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews