PL Marketing Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Schuh

Pros
  • The Part Time jobs and Temporary Jobs are flexible hours Monday - Friday (in 6 reviews)

• easy work, friendly staff, flexible, no weekends (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • little hours, no benefits , have to travel to different stores for hours, time punch every task you complete (in 3 reviews)

• Pay raises are non-existent, and trying to get any equipment needed, either replaced or if missing, never happens (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Full Time in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Full Time in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PL Marketing Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule with no nights or weekends!
    Fair wages for the industry, annual reviews and raises.
    Supervisors/Managers who care about their teams.
    Opportunities to move up if your willing to put in the work.

Cons

Lost some benefits lately. The company only has one customer so we all are at their mercy.

Advice to Management

Grow and expand your customer base!

"Kompass"

Current Employee - Kompass in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Kompass in Nashville, TN

I have been working at PL Marketing Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for PLM for about 6 months. I love it!! The flexibility is amazing and the pay is pretty good.You are ask to go to other stores from time to time, but that's part of our teamwork. They always keep you close to home. It's not a hard job, but does require organization skills and common sense.

Cons

It's true that some of the Kroger employees don't like Kompass people. I have no idea why. I just handle it because I like the job so well. The job can get physical sometimes, but you can always call for help.It will always be sent for you. I really don't have much negative to say, at least in the Nashville area. Part time people do not get benefits, which is the case everywhere today.

Advice to Management

All I can say here is that we need to have all of our supplies we need that is required for a set. Sometimes this gets messed up.

PL Marketing Inc. Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Manager of HR

Dear Nashville Rep, Thank you so much for your feedback! Our #1 asset is our employees like you and we appreciate you providing us this feedback. Thank you for all you do everyday!

3. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at PL Marketing Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well developed company with growth potential.

Cons

Communication is not their forte.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your people.

"If you're not part of the clique, you're screwed."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

I have been working at PL Marketing Inc. full-time

Pros

The location of the corporate office. And the managing partners are relatively down-to-earth, considering their positions.

Cons

The good ole boy system is alive and kicking. They pick and choose which company policies to enforce and with whom. If a coworker has an issue with you, they will go to your direct supervisor to tattle on you instead of bringing up whatever it is with you. It's like high school in there. I have never heard so many conversations about shoes, hair, makeup, and The Bachelor in a short span of time. The work environment is extremely toxic if you're not "one of them." Everyone with any sort of authority play favorites, and it's pretty obvious.

Advice to Management

Just wondering if what one of the employees who has been there for over ten years told me is true ... that the HR department and the managing partners spend more time trying to figure who sent the anonymous comments/questions than actually responding to them. I can believe HR doing that because she has the "I'm always right" attitude, so there's no reasoning with her.

6. "A Decent Job"

Current Employee - Kompass Representative in Galveston, TX
    Current Employee - Kompass Representative in Galveston, TX

I have been working at PL Marketing Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Raises and bonuses are readily available after a year.

Cons

Physically demanding and tedious work. Kroger employees are often belligerent.

Advice to Management

Be more patient towards new hires. There's a lot of little things one has to know to the job.

7. "Great Partime Job for Entry Level Retail Merchandising."

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PL Marketing Inc. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule allows for having another job or pursuing an education, Matched 401K contributions.

Cons

Poor management often over complicates processes that work perfectly. Under staffing combined with complicated work flows leads to heavier work weeks than need be. MR's should be completing resets along with reps when the need arises.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to depend on processes that have worked previously and shy away from changing and shifting existing employees that work well in certain districts and listening more to employee feedback regarding situations that vary store by store. Cutting costs is a necessary evil but cutting costs by doing away with things that help complete all retail merchandising work causes more headaches than it solves. Every store is unique and every store has it's own way of doing things, as a company PL should be more flexible in adapting to these needs, while not bogging down employees with more work than needed.

8. "Reset Team Member"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at PL Marketing Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great for a temporary position. You get at least 35 hrs a week.

Cons

If you do not like to work do not apply. Applying will be a waste of your time.

Advice to Management

The managers are good they look out for you. They will find work for you to do.

9. "Lovely people! Lovely City!"

Former Employee - Data Analytics Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analytics Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at PL Marketing Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the people and the culture!

Cons

Nothing really! I had a great summer here and can't think of anything off the top my head that I would rate as Con!

Advice to Management

None!

10. "Merchandising Jobs"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PL Marketing Inc. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Communication with immediate supervisor is fantastic, issues or concerns are quickly addressed. Workload is fairly steady, and varied in it's scope. If you like working by yourself, you will love this job.

Cons

Pay raises are non-existent, and trying to get any equipment needed, either replaced or if missing, never happens. Unless the retailer you are working for can order what you need, you are not going to get.

11. "Kompass Representative"

Former Employee - Kompass Retail Merchandiser, Kompass Team Lead in Bradenton, FL

I worked at PL Marketing Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay for experienced reps.

Cons

Most employees come and go as they please.