PLS Logistics Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Greg Burns

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Nowhere to go other than build your book of business, benefits are not great (in 16 reviews)

• The industry does have a high turnover rate but if you are truly willing to put in the work you can find a lot of success (in 33 reviews)

"Unlimited Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management support
    Room for growth
    Unlimited earning potential
    Positive environment

Cons

Ping pong table
    Couch with TV

Advice to Management

Continue to support and motivate your employees that are driven to succeed. This is a company that rewards anyone who has the desire and motivation to succeed. Management has been nothing less than supportive and professional throughout my journey with the company. I've worked in 2 different offices and have not been disappointed with either. PLS Logistics is a great workplace for anyone looking to create their own opportunities and income as it is commission based. The amount of work put in determines the level of your success!

Nov 13, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We agree with your assessment of PLS! As for the ping pong table and couch with TV - we provide those to employees to reward their hard work! Thank you again and we're... More

2. "Strong Opportunity, Poor Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity with the potential to make a lot of money if you put in the time and effort. They spend plenty of time training you and all employees are willing to help and answer questions.

Cons

Its a sales job so you have your highs and lows, and can deal with a lot of rejection and rude people. That being said there is no culture to help people unwind from the stress. In the interview I was told they had a strong culture and had tv’s, a pool table and a basketball hoop to help people unwind. After 5 months I have never seen the pool tables being used, they took away the cable and there is no basketball hoop. Obviously we are there to work but the fact that I was misled in my interview is frustrating. There are never any office parties, contests or events to build camaraderie, which left me unmotivated and overall disappointed with the role. Half the leadership and staff take themselves too seriously and spend every second with a “time is money” attitude. I have heard other offices in the company have different events to build team spirit but the Jacksonville office offers nothing in that regard. Other half is laid back and cool to be around. Office is consists almost entirely of white men, so there is a lack of diversity as well.

Advice to Management

Do more fun things as an office to create a culture that is more relaxed

Dec 13, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our work hard, play hard culture. I will bring this review up to management and we will make the appropriate changes to ensure all employees are... More

3. "company falling apart... stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people there are great people... that's really about it.

Cons

The company is cheap!!! They don't do any of those extra rewards or incentives they tell you about. They make you work extremely hard for barely decent compensation. You will feel overworked and underpaid. Other companies offer more.

Their process doesn't work anymore. The Owner is too stubborn to realize it so everyone suffers and gets fired or quits once they've had enough. They are struggling financially after losing their biggest contract customer. You can tell they are cutting corners wherever they can and are neglecting their employees in the process.

The office itself looks run down. There is no company culture. No holiday parties or events. Two managers and a FEW Account Executives. Turnover is out of control. Small office lacking diversity. The managers don't have time to help you because they have a book of business of their own to manage and are too busy.

THERE ARE NO OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH OR PROMOTIONS. You will get stuck being an Account Executive for the duration of your tenure there.

If you want a job that you hate coming to everyday then this is the place for you. You will literally drain all your motivation and ambitions by working here. People openly discuss looking for another job and do it on work computers and talk about how miserable they are there.

STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

Your "sales process" and strict guidelines don't work anymore. You barely have any big name customers in your company because of it. Stop telling sales employees to shy away from or stay away from certain customers or commodities. And stop requiring sales employees to hand over big accounts that will bring in lots of money to national accounts in exchange for a small one-time bonus or small commission percentage. You rip off your employees everyday.

"Difficult Job"

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, work environment is relaxed.

Cons

Work load, work life balance, Owner

Advice to Management

Nothing because all major decisions come from the owner. They have no say in any decision.

Nov 13, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We do agree that our account executive position in a difficult position. While there is difficulty in the position, we do provide incentives and other benefits to reward... More

"Wish I knew this before it took the job..... hope it helps you!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

They say earning potential is limitless. (Not true, you will cap. The company is not supportive towards growing employee client book gets to a point that is almost impossible to pass alone).

I guess there are no pros.

Cons

The CEO only cares about the bottom line. PLS will step on and over any employee to increase the bottom line 20k a year.
    I have never seen a company care so little for their employees, everyone is expendable and PLS does not care.
    Here is a few examples
    -ALL AE and AET employees are salary exempt. This means that can make work days 9.5 hours long and not pay you extra
    -once you roll out and get paid commissions ONlY (no salary) they still make you work office hours. I have never heard of any other commission only job that requires this. (Again, company greed and control issues)
    -company has over 160% turnover rate....
    - company shut down at least 2 offices in 2017
    - PLS lost their largest customer
    - company seems very financially compromised
    - when selling you will run into more customer credit issues than you can imagine, PLS cannot take a financial to give a 300M customer more than 20-30k credit....
    - non compete , PLS will make you sign a non compete and WILL change me after it if you break it l. I mean if you quit PLS and go work for another transportation company (do nothing wrong but get a new job) PLS will come after you.

I could go on but if you are reading this I would highly recommend just passing on PLS and go work for any other 3PL. It will be the best decision you make.

Just really decide if you want to waste your time here. Personally it's not worth the tiny pay check.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees with some respect and trust. It will go a long way. Might make some of your employees actually want to do work for you. If not you will continue to lose rolled it AEs.

Dec 4, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. We're disappointed to learn that you think so negatively about PLS. We're an industry leader and a key to our success is our hard-working employees. We work hard to maintain a... More

6. "Worth the work"

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

Great environment. Great coworkers. Great management. There are regular competitions with incentives. Every person comes to work ready to do their job and make money. The job is hard, but if you are willing to grind it out, you can make a lot of money here.

Cons

Long hours and Saturday shifts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I love it here!

Oct 23, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review! We're happy to have you on board! If you ever have any future suggestions on how to improve the position, let your manager know!

"ZERO loyalty to their employees"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable income for at least 5 months.

Cons

Company thrives on politics. No loyalty for their employees.

Advice to Management

Assuming you have no spiritual connection, look inside yourself and think about how you treat people. Shame.

Nov 21, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. At PLS we believe in developing our employees and encouraging them to reach their full potential. While we do hold our employees to a high standard, we are pleased with the... More

8. "Account Executive"

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

Fun place to work
    Management is easy to get along with

Cons

Starting Pay isn't great to start
    The margins to roll out on full commission seem very hard to meet within a reasonable time

Nov 2, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. We agree with your "pros" and would love to hear a bit more about your experience with your "cons". PLS has done much research on our commission structure... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Office has a laid back environment

Cons

You are basically working in a Frat house

Nov 2, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review, we're sorry to see 1/5 stars. However, we're always looking to improve our employee engagement - please send us an email at publicrelations@plslogistics.com to further explain... More

"A Dead End, Endless Greed & Corruption"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Ping Pong Table
    *Terrible Free Coffee

Cons

*Poor Management
    *Have to do all your own billing
    *Poor support Staff
    *Greedy company which will go after you long after you left
    *Sexual-Harassment Culture (I pity any female that works there)

Advice to Management

Support your Account Executives, Start some sexual harassment training(what is accepted in this culture never would have been allowed in the Army... ) , Learn to be decent people.

Oct 23, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. I'm shocked to hear about your experiences with PLS. Our managers are very well trained and are constantly audited to ensure quality performance and leadership. Additionally... More