Found 206 of over 223 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Sierra India is goal of local management to ensure their own survival." (in 11 reviews)
- "Morale is terrible due to unexciting work and frequent layoffs." (in 10 reviews)
- "Too many managers and paper pushers have made all the good engineers run away.Office Politics and back stabbing at its peak." (in 8 reviews)
- "We work very hard and long hours." (in 5 reviews)
- "Slow in career development and limited career opportunities" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of PMC-Sierra and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Feb 16, 2013Product Development EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
It would be hard to believe that there is a better company for college grads, especially ones interested in design work. If you show the ambition and capability, you get to work on very cool things at PMC. As an entry level product development engineer, I worked on design projects that I never had thought I could. My friends at Broadcom and Qualcomm are so envious of my work. Some asked me to help them get a job here.
We work very hard and long hours. Salary is good but could be better - one of my mentors tells me of extreme salary compression once you have worked here for many years.
- 2.0Aug 21, 2010EngineerCurrent EmployeeSanta Clara, CA
Friendly people, willing to talk face to face. Technical experts willing to share with others. Doing technically challenging work, sometimes leading edge. Very good quality standards, and eager to maintain good customer relationships.
R&D design team does not respect other groups,rejects new ideas or approaches. There is no good sense of discipline, with frequent schedule slips. Designers mess up key features with no consequences. Dysfunctional behavior: confrontations, put downs, yelling in meetings or e-mails; but these disappear when talking face to face. A lot of churning through procedures and red-tape. Layoffs occur frequently, with no good reasons why. Very top heavy with management. International company but very Canadian centric, not open to other ideas or cultures.1
PMC-Sierra Reviews FAQs
PMC-Sierra has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 223 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at PMC-Sierra to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
69% of PMC-Sierra employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PMC-Sierra 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.