PMP Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PMP CEO Peter George
Peter George

1. "Review of a Management Company as an Employer"

Current Employee - General Manager in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at PMP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Consistent work available; large geographical location coverage

Cons

Easily sold on gadgets and gizmos without considering real life application in the job in the field

2. "Marketing Analyst"

Pros

Good location
    Great place to start your working career
    Friendly work colleagues

Cons

Some areas have a bit of a bully culture, promotions are given to their friends

Advice to Management

Listen to staff more

3. "Super Experienece"

Former Employee - Retired, Director of Logistics, GS in Chatswood (Australia)
    Former Employee - Retired, Director of Logistics, GS in Chatswood (Australia)

I worked at PMP (More than 10 years)

Pros

Latitude , input into an ever-changing mission.

Cons

My level of effect often lead to longer work hours to achieve mission success.

Advice to Management

Ability to adapt to changes, proficient, commitment to excellence through consistency, efficient and effective by employing tools , Supply Chain Management Leadership and Lean Six Sigma.

4. "Some Pro and Cons"

Former Employee - Warehouse Operative in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Operative in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Pros

Good marketing policy they really manage to bring the fun (they have music and at the beginning they don't bug u with the targets) into work.
    In Tesco u really get to do everything so it's a good experience u can add in ur cv.
    People respect each other and they hv some strong rules when it comes to any form of violence.
    It's a good pay IF u get your five days a week!

Cons

They don't give u second 15 minutes break, even if u work 10 hours u need to take ur break discretly, as unofficial breaks are given to prefered people and the ones unprivileged like me hv to work like a slave . Actually i got a warning for going in a second break at a ten hours qouta, if I'm going to court they will face very harsh penalties!!! The PMP agency especially it doesn't care too much about the people. They put u to work hard and afterwards they are sending u home early, CRONNYES CAPITALISM. Through the agency u'll be working on a zero hours contract, and this year they were hiring people even when everybody was working ONLY 20 hours. They hv no respect for people when in some days they are sending them home earlier! Other companies if they hire u on a part-time basis at least they guarantee u some fixed days and schedule per week(u come at work than u stay 8 hours not 4 or 6), at TEsco that would be impossible!!! They require their people to work very hard by pushing them everyday with target revviews but nobody has the will to do their job since in constant fear that he will be sent home if it works hard. Not to say that targets in some departments are very relative and unachievable as they hv no practical value in assesing ur real performances. They ask u not to crowd objects on the shelf but sometimes they keep you on the same floor even if it's full or they force u to put big and medium items in smaller location... About the new people I can say NOBODY really cares after they were trained if they need some help or not. Stupid supervisors from my country come and say to me I was wrong but they don't take the blame on themselves also! I'd add more but I'm afraid I'll be helping them too much for FREE!

Advice to Management

If the agency promises to people that they can be promoted easily, if they hv the right skills, so they should do it! I've been fighting for a promotion and it seemes to me only if u become friends with a manager is possible... Some people get better job without any credentials. Nobody does nothing in plus for the job and PERSONAL INTIATIVE is not encouraged at ALL! Some days I had the impresion if you do some mess, nobody will come and clear it cause knowone has no interest. I've been trying to change some things in better but nobody listened to me...

5. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at PMP full-time

Pros

Great hours, no management breathing down your neck, self managed tasks and family like team

Cons

Very unstable environment, constant management changes, pay freezes (no pay reviews) and nearly unachievable budgets.

6. "Sales"

I have been working at PMP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong management, good competitive advantage, good market position, friendly workplace

Cons

fiercely competitive, poor commission structure, little opportunity to move up, very little culture

Advice to Management

Good job navigating difficult waters. Look to the future.

7. "Packing. Warehouse work, able to do any given iven overtime and flexible too."

Current Employee - Searching Fulltime Work in Wolverhampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Searching Fulltime Work in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

I have been working at PMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork skills, build communication and working with others to meet companies common goals and targets.

Cons

Less time with family work.

Advice to Management

Teamwork and independent skills are important for successful work planning. As well as reliability and commitment.

8. "PMP representatives do not match to theirs duties"

Current Employee - Sortation in Wednesbury, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sortation in Wednesbury, England (UK)

I have been working at PMP (Less than a year)

Pros

They always listen to what you're complaining they pay you regularly you have your holiday scheduled at your request...

Cons

There is a problem with the holidays form you don't get one when you're booking them we don't have the rotation sheet on time for the next week....

Advice to Management

You have to get someone that is fit to do the representatives job on site this means that he has to be able to complete the tasks on time

9. "R&D Manager"

Former Employee - R&D Manager
    Former Employee - R&D Manager

Pros

Good colleagues and costumers. Easy to work with

Cons

Family company with too many family members

Advice to Management

Need to be more organized

10. "Not very suportiuve"

Former Employee - Group Logistics Manager in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Group Logistics Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at PMP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of scope for inprovent

Cons

Culture and ingrained behavior a real limitation to those outside the print industry

Advice to Management

Audit everything, change culture. Confront ingrained power base.