PMSI Reviews in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

Eileen Auen

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Brandon, FL

I worked at PMSI (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company and Atmosphere.

Cons

not many shifts in management/limited ability for professional growth.

2. "IT Project Manager"

Current Employee - IT Projectmanager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - IT Projectmanager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PMSI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and casual attire

Cons

Runs like a small business and do not support Project Managers. They have made ALL PMs to be BSAs.

3. "Specialist"

Former Employee - (Retail Pharmacy and Mail Order) in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - (Retail Pharmacy and Mail Order) in Tampa, FL

I worked at PMSI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked for the company for 10+ years. Lots of great people and opportunity for growth.

Cons

Good people are overlooked for opportunities. The company used to promote based mainly on skill and knowledge of the company. Knowing how everything works and who would be the best fit to make it work better. That along with the real family feel has gotten lost over the years. Promoting newer people because they are liked by a manager instead of promoting the seasoned people to help make the business stronger. There is a feeling that some managers don't want to promote people, for fear of making them look bad if the person has more knowledge of an area. Building a strong and solid team makes a manager look better not worse.

Advice to Management

Look around, make knowing and understanding the business, what every area does and how they fit together, a PRIORITY. The left hand needs to know and understand what the right hand is doing. This is how you make things better. When PMSI was the place everyone wanted to be with and work for, this was how it worked. Working as a team, as a family. Promote based on knowledge and skill and be willing to take a step back and look at training, the way they did in the good ol days, you don't just need to know how to answer the phone to do the job. I know with the restructuring that is going on now it won't be easy, but nothing really good or worth it comes easy. Hopefully what has been lost over the years can be found.

5. "Company Changes, but Great Opportunities are Present"

Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PMSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to provide ideas to better company processes as we are transitioning, quiet, not micro-managed, flexible, casual environment, stress free.

Cons

Some ideas are not easily accepted due to a lack of exposure to other processes or practices that have proven successful, I have not yet seen employee development or opportunities for personal and/or professional growth.

Advice to Management

Make an effort to know your employees individually, make expectations clear to each employee, provide more one-on-one feedback, invest in your employees through leadership and training opportunities as some employees want to grow and advance, offer a salary that is comparable to the employees background and skill set.

"Leadership struggling to manage priorities with acquisition/merger. No loyalty among teams."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at PMSI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in schedule. Compensation and benefits very fair. Offices are nice.

Cons

Non- existent HR team. Culture is off. Nobody takes responsibility. More time spent finger pointing than resolving the issues. No room for career advancement.

PMSI Response

Nov 19, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback as it is always welcomed and appreciated. Your honest feedback gives us the opportunity to make improvements in the areas that are needed. Always feel free to stop ... More

"Burnout"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at PMSI (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, headquarters building is relatively nice. Depending on what department you are in (see below) you may have a different experience.

Cons

During the time I was employed, the company was in high turnover in departments such as IT and Marketing. There was definitely disparity among the different departments. Some employees were acknowledged for tenure of 15 - 20 years with the company, but seemed to be in the call center department or other areas. These employees seemed to normal hours, took lunch breaks, etc, and overall seemed happy with life at PMSI. Then those of us in the pressure cooker departments worked 60+ hours a week, never took lunch, etc. They hired from a pool of laid off employees (like myself) who were just glad to have a job and worked them for all they could.

Advice to Management

Hope that the merger with Progressive Medical is an opportunity to create a better culture.

PMSI Response

Nov 19, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

8. "Working at PMSI is just a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PMSI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some executive management is willing to go above and beyond

Cons

Not much room for growth

9. "I like working their, I had a great time."

Former Employee - Doucment Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Doucment Clerk in Tampa, FL

I worked at PMSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing....their was two regular employees first one guy was their, then I came in and two more people was temps too...# Did they keep ant body?

Cons

I started their as a temp and I left their as a temp after, things happen in my family and they let me go!! I was so hurt..

Advice to Management

care more about your employee and their needs.

"Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I worked at PMSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are several long term employees that have been through all the pain points within the business operations that have great feedback and suggestions on potiental process improvements that would benefit the Co (and their day to day job).

Cons

Honestly, I couldn't get out of this position quick enough! I have worked in the Corporate environment for 20 years and have had the pleasure of working with a wide variety of employees- from entry level positions to the CFO/VP executive level. I have to admit, I've never worked with a group of executives that lack such basic common sense. It appears the Co. continues to work "stupid", simply because that's the way it's always been done. I understand that using such an outdated systems can be a road block to many process improvements- but this seems to be the normal excuse for not kicking off a project to improve the business. There is absolutley no accountability held in any department- and HR will appear to be helpful, but will throw you under the bus just like any other termed employee that feels threatened by your aggressive approach to change the business for the better. I believe the long term employees are content in their positions and don't want to deal with changes; which is sad bc I do believe the Co has potiental to be a big money maker if they had the right employees in the right positions.

Advice to Management

Invest in new systems!! The current system you require your accounting staff to use has huge integrity issues and is not user friendly- causing hours to be spend on a single account research (and most cases the information is not accurate); get systems that will allow entry level employees to do their job accuratly and effectivley- if not, you will continue to have large head counts, paying out many OT hours and still not getting the accurate outcome.

"Very uncertain future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at PMSI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good location. Good facility. Good camaraderie between employees.

Cons

Extreme micro management. Anticuated systems.

Advice to Management

Care about your entry level and middle level employees they are the ones doing all the work while upper management reap the benefits of great salaries and bonuses.