PNC Financial Services Group Reviews in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

Philadelphia, PA Area

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Pros
  • great focus on work life balance (in 328 reviews)

• I get to work from home 2 days a week & my work days are Monday through Friday (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be difficult (in 91 reviews)

• Again, upper management could be a little better informed (in 118 reviews)

1. "Branch Sales and Service Associate"

Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Associate in Bordentown, NJ
    Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Associate in Bordentown, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start out your career. Lots of learning potential. Work life balance is on point.

Cons

Next to impossible to move out of retail

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

2. "Branch sales & service/personal banker"

Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity with company and job stability are available.

Cons

Training had been disappointing. 2 days wasted on an orientation and 3 days wasted on shadowing - before any training, so had very little clue what was even occurring during shadow. Then had 8 days of online tutorials and with classroom instructor. Crammed, skimmed and skipped much info. Very little support material to review at home/off hours; however had note but class moved so fast that notes were not real clear nor understood. If you fall behind on one computer process you it can snow ball into a major obstacle. DO NOT MISS A DAY! Also a few ppl can easily throw the class behind and force rushing by other material.
    Time frame is not fair to the new employees nor realistic to the instructor. Appears this will basically be on-the-job training. Manuals did not follow course agenda so were of little use during nor for future reference. Investing a few more days with more structure and role play would make huge difference. 1 day orientation, 12-14 days class/tutorial, end with shadow/joint 'customer conversations' would be much better. IMHO

Advice to Management

More structured and thorough training. And/or better explaination of expectations. I believe my entire group all expressed the same concerns that I am sharing here as well as feeling very insecure about their start.

3. "teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Warrington, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Warrington, PA

Pros

Great place to work and meet clients

Cons

There are no cons working at PNC bank

4. "Financial Specialist"

Current Employee - Financial Specialist II in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Specialist II in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, commission and hold financial licenses

Cons

position displacement or fired for many members of job family not being able to be profitable employees

Advice to Management

restructure program to have only internally licensed employees, this will improve moral and retention of talent while having them develop the skills needed for the multi faceted skills needed to be profitable employees

"Not bad but not great."

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Phila, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with potential for career growth.

Cons

Fails to promote from within forcing long term employees to seek advancement elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and stop wasting the effort to develop talent only to have them leave the organization.

"If you're used to large asset managers/investment banks, you will be disappointed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

You will have a job if you're working here. The job will look good on paper and impress others if you're in PCA.

Cons

Very unprofessional colleagues in my PCA group, so unprofessional that one guy had to quit because of his actions.
    Immature colleagues, by far the most unprofessional I've worked with in 10 years.
    High deductible health insurance plans only
    Sick days are counted and limited to 5. Don't get the flu, or you'll have none left!
    Pay is below market and downright insulting, Wouldn't have taken the job if I'd already had one.
    You have to wait 6 months before you can invest in the 401k
    No infrastructure to work from home unless you're a VP or 'business essential' read: lost vacation days
    The place is CFA happy right now...don't waste your time getting it unless you really want it. They'll never pay you enough to stay there long enough (if you have any dignity or standards for yourself.)

Advice to Management

Attract higher quality talent (and people) by paying more. Don't nickel and some your employees. Don't push things under the rug, Some people in my group are an HR issue waiting to happen. Prepare for many lawsuits due to poor treatment of employees and unfit management in PCA and your stock price to drop, we're all better off working for Aberdeen or Morgan Stanley anyway.

7. "Development Program"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Program Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Program Associate in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Work life balance, culture, diversity

Cons

Large analyst class - easy to get lost in the mix; compensation below average

"Wealth Management Advisor"

Current Employee - Wealth Management Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Wealth Management Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility work life balance nice associates

Cons

Low pay weak senior management

9. "Business Systems Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Flexible, safe and stable. Company in great position and managed well for a regional bank

Cons

Technology not executing on vision.

Advice to Management

execute on vision, don't implement buzzwords and trends, invest in business value and the future

"Fiduciary Advisor"

Former Employee - Fiduciary Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Fiduciary Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay, hours, co-workers, clients

Cons

Bureaucracy, Management's inability to manage people and their defaulting to HR who cares less about the people only the institution

Advice to Management

Too many layers, playing favorites, management looks down on employees

Showing 168 of 3,552 reviews