PNC Financial Services Group Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Updated March 23, 2017

Pittsburgh, PA

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good at PNC (in 302 reviews)

• Opportunity to work from home (depending on role) (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a need for work/life balance (in 83 reviews)

• Disconnect from upper management to employees (in 112 reviews)

1. "Operations Analyst I"

Former Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PNC is very big on a culture of inclusion and work life balance. At least in theory. I held three different positions there ad felt all of my bosses were fair, kind, and understanding.

Cons

You are just one tiny little voice in a high operation. Even if your department only has 5 people in it, decisions that impact your daily work load and ability to complete that work are way above anyone you know's level. My supervisors always heard us iut, and did attempt to convey concerns, but at the time the entire bank was switching to "the better way" procedures. It was not a better way. Way overworked and understaffed in my last role

Advice to Management

Break it down. PNC is huge. What works for one department ay not work for another. What works at one location could be the opposite of production in another. Trust your appointed managers to make the right choices for the department, instead of execs who haven't worked in operations in 20 years shuffle the entire compay.

2. "Great company atmosphere"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere at work was very encouraging and reassuring. I never felt intimidated or afraid to ask questions. My manager was very willing to help me and see me succeed.

Cons

When looking into full-time roles post graduation, locations are limited. Although they have offices in Philadelphia and New Jersey, you are unable to be based out of those locations for your development program.

3. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is very inclusive and coworkers are friendly

Cons

Compensation is lower than most large regional banks

5. "Loan specialist"

Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility is a big plus

Cons

No opportunities to advance, stringent unrealistic goals and adherences, non competitive pay rate

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and actually implement changes and suggestions to make work place better

6. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Digital Product Manager I in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Digital Product Manager I in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, a great culture that encourages work/life balance and diversity. Good benefits for the most part.

Cons

The annual raises seem to be regularly very small/slow to grow. Not much recognition for hard work.

Advice to Management

Provide more incentives for highly functioning team members. Recognition goes a long way with regards to employee engagement.

7. "Analyst Program"

Current Employee - Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PNC emphasizes work life balance and has good benefits

Cons

large bank environment, headquartered in pittsburgh

8. "Operations Analyst"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

There are very few pros to this position. You kind of have a flexible start time, as long as you can be working by 7am. People are generally good, but are extremely vocal about their problems. My particular direct supervisor is pretty good.

Cons

The pay is pretty terrible, and if you start this as a new job later in the year you will not get a raise the next calendar year because you are "too new to rate" no matter how good your productivity numbers are. Constant system issues. High expectations with little to no incentive to achieve them. Head supervisor for this particular department has zero idea of how to do the actual job. "Better Way" initiaive is a bunch of corporate nonsense that makes conversations meant between a supervisor and employee public for everybody on the team. Chained to your desk for 8 hours a day. Difficult to move out of department. Low employee morale.

Advice to Management

Re-work the pay scale and raise system, for all the work we get daily with the high expectations placed on us we need to be compensated fairly. Corporate culture is out of touch with employee needs.

"Audit, compliance"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've had great success with this company with promotions and job changes. Great working environment, Minimal travel, Decent benefits flexible on start and end times.

Cons

Raises can be very minimal. Have had years with none and only give bonuses only...bonus is nice but those could not be there one day. No reason not to give raises when the company is doing perfectly fine.

Advice to Management

Better raises and start saving your talent. Great employees are walking up the street getting paid a significant amount more and for the option to work at home several days a week.

10. "Application Developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedules and opportunities for extra curricular activities and learning experiences.

Cons

Excessive amount of meetings and processes around deliveries.

11. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Hours, environment, work from home, not much else to really add here due to the lack of pay and attention to employees below the management level

Cons

Terrible health insurance , awful to no raises, no incentives to work beyond your means, increased workload with no compensation

Advice to Management

Pay your employees well. There is a lot of these social out reach programs that mean nothing to the employees at the end of the day when they are committed to their job and receive little to no raise at the end of the year when the cost of living continues to rise. The bank is already operating a below market rate for many of the positions. Employee satisfaction and retention would be hire if they made an attempt to compete with the market

Showing 431 of 3,356 reviews