PNC Financial Services Group Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

PNC Financial Services Group Pittsburgh Reviews

Updated October 17, 2017

Pittsburgh, PA

3.3
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great focus on work life balance (in 345 reviews)

• I get to work from home 2 days a week & my work days are Monday through Friday (in 69 reviews)

"Value of Life Balance"

Current Employee - IT Business Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - IT Business Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family like atmosphere with the 10 person team I worked with. Team was well managed by a strong manager who knows the business backwards and forwards. Plenty of over time was provided for those willing to work the hours. PNC perks and benefits went a long way to making after-work events and occasions not feel stiff and awkward.

Cons

Long hour weeks, short notice changes, demanding business clients that were difficult to work with. As much as my boss did go to bat for every employer she had under her, at times we were given work loads with deadlines that were days away; causing our team to be overworked, and lose faith that we were being treated like individuals, rather worker bees. 40-45 hour weeks starting as a contractor, changed to 50+ hr weeks with full time, mandatory weekend and on-call changes at any time, made the idea of life-balance nearly obsolete.

Advice to Management

Hire more members, our team handled the workload of 2-to-3 times the members we had, but it caused burn out and stress that could have been avoided.

2. "Never Maximized My Full Potential"

Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Good stability. Some opportunity to grow.

Cons

Always felt like a cog. Micromanaged to a ridiculous degree. Not a place for individuals.

Advice to Management

Look to current employees and their talents as resources, not seat fillers.

3. "Good times"

Former Employee - Financial Service Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Service Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at PNC was very inclusive. Great co-workers and leadership. enjoyed my time there

Cons

The role could do with a higher hourly wage

Advice to Management

Continue being proactive in developing up and coming talent into leadership roles and mentoring candidates to reach new heights.

4. "It’s ok"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

3 weeks vacation in your first year is nice. Heavily involved in the community. Up to $10k bonus annually plus added bonuses paid by advisors

Cons

Base pay is so-so. For the area it can afford you an ok lifestyle. A lot of the company is located in different markets so you might have to relocate to move up in the company

5. "Loan Analyst"

Current Employee - Loan Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Loan Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work -Life balance is an important part of PNC's culture. The people are friendly and helpful. Every manager I've worked with has been great.

Cons

The annual increases are less than desirable and moving internally has been difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep the work -life balance culture the same and in the same regards be more gracious with pay increases. The front line workers deserve to be paid more due to our living expenses increasing each year. Cost of living is greater than an annual salary increase at PNC.

6. "Ok"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Great experience, work with lovely people, benefits are good. Job keeps you busy and moving. They keep training up to date so you don’t feel out of the loop.

Cons

Management is out of touch with how the tellers work and how the branches work. Workload is extreme yet work life balance is “a key factor”.

Advice to Management

Help us, help you. Work with us instead of not taking any advice from the front line.

"The McDonald's of Banks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The chair's were nice. People genuinely liked me.

Cons

Worked there nearly 8 years. I even got used for training classes for several years; But, you are treated like a number on a sheet of paper not an employee. There is little to no room for employment growth or salary increase; in house brown nosing and a culture of "the old school tie" has resulted in a very close nit situation. Trainers within the customer care center are constantly drunk, and proud of it. They even used to get a drink a lunch time often. Management at night or weekends often showed up late or drunk or both. The entire company runs on hypocrisy, which is very scary considering it is a very large bank.

Advice to Management

Wake up.

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong strategic leadership, great opportunity, friendly place to work, very little in the way of office politics.

Cons

This is not a company culture that provides a great deal of feedback to its employees. Otherwise, I've really enjoyed my time here.

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the direction you are going. You're changing the culture and our future prospects for the better.

"Eh"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

The money is good, and the benefits are decent. I've made a few friends there so I guess that's a pro.

Cons

AWFUL MANAGERS!!!!!! My manager is the reason I'm going to one day leave this company. They hire the worst management and no one care.

Advice to Management

Hire new managers

10. "Excellent Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance
    People are extremely friendly and always willing to help

Cons

Annual raises could be better

Showing 481 of 3,804 reviews