PNC Financial Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 17, 2018
4,092 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3.4
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak
1,483 Ratings

4,092 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Belief that work life balance is much better than what it actually is" (in 117 reviews)

• "This is probably due to the influx of upper management being hired from another bank" (in 138 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Focused on the Customer"

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Customer-focused leadership, employees, and culture.

Cons

Decision makers sometimes put too much focus on tactical expense management. This makes them less willing to spend money when it may help support business goals.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what's working--transparency on vision of the company, reward high performance, and ensure better competitive pay and benefits.

2. "Scrum Master Officer"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, respectful environment

Cons

None that I see as of yet

3. "By far my best employment experience across several decades of work."

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• PNC makes a concerted effort to invest in the wellness and work/life balance of its employees.
    • PNC demonstrates a commitment to the community to an extent that involves offering grants to vetted local organizations for volunteer time we as employees spend at such local organizations, which is considered fully paid time out of the office at up to 40 hours per calendar year.
    • Although a financial institution, PNC has a demonstrated commitment to sustainable, environmentally responsible development through the creation of net-zero consuming branches and a new headquarters building the exceeds the criteria for the LEED Platinum designation it earned.
    • PNC has a proven history of promotion from within and rewarding the contributions of hard working employees.
    • Woven into the very corporate fabric of PNC is welcoming a wonderfully diverse workforce in all aspects, which is palpably evident in daily office life.

Cons

• While compensation packages are quite competitive within the industry, annual merit increases and/or bonuses seem disproportionately low given annual net profit figures.
    • As appears all too common within the industry, management is limited via "quotas" of how many positive or negative ratings can and should be given out to their staff members during performance review periods, which nullifies the whole point of a performance review.

Advice to Management

We have a wonderful organization that's, without doubt, headed in the right direction. I would encourage senior leaders to trust more in their middle-level managers and allow employees to simply be rated accordingly during performance review periods. (Currently, management is told how many of their staff members are "allowed" to be rated as "exceeds expectations," etc.) We as employees will never fit an exact bell curve within our respective groups. There shall always be some over-performing groups and some under-performing groups. Please let our managers rate us accordingly so that performance reviews serve the more effective purpose that they're intended.

On a related note, our financial performance is quite strong indeed, due to the diligent leadership structure we have in place and the hard work of the employees that it inspires. That said, please consider revisiting annual merit increases and/or bonuses to reflect these continued successes that we all continue to build upon together.

4. "Corporate Banking Analyst"

Current Employee - Corporate Banking Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Banking Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group (More than a year)

Pros

-Work/life balance
    -Management support
    -laid back culture

Cons

-salary/bonus structure
    -lack of perks
    -outdated dress code

5. "fsc"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

health benefits is affordable.Good training and less streesful working environment

Cons

low pay for employees and Short maternity leave

6. "Teller Supervisor"

Former Employee - Teller Supervisor in Florissant, MO
    Former Employee - Teller Supervisor in Florissant, MO

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great team of people.
    -Good training. Unlike some other laid back banks, management here expect a whole lot from you, so it keeps you on your toes. They are very big on sales and have a very low error tolerance policy. This could be a negative/ positive depending on how you look at it, I saw it as an opportunity to learn and go above and beyond the status quo.

Cons

-The branches are always short staffed, its like a revolving door.

-Compared to other banks, they pay way lower, but demand way more from their employees. This is a huge con because they really do have great talented employees who end up leaving because of the low pay.

Advice to Management

Make the salaries more competitive. The bank does a good job at training great talent, but then you end up losing them to other higher paying banks

7. "Branch Sales and Service Representative II"

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Solid company, ethical and cares about employees. Incentive pay is decent, and benefits are good.

Cons

Base salaries are lower than average.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, work/life balance, benefits, management, team members

Cons

Salary of lower level employees is not adequate

Advice to Management

Increase salaries for lower level team members

9. "Cool Workplace"

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Open, flexible, energetic, friendly, diversity

Cons

low growth, mediocre benefits, lack of good training

10. "Business Analyst"

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Great environment. People are friendly and everything was easy to do with the job. Manager was amazing. Tried everything to help me out.

Cons

Little to no job training. Had to learn a lot on my own. Didn't allow for movement within. Told me to join as part of the company and could move within but made it very difficult and difficult for my manager who was trying to help.

Showing 4,092 of 4,230 reviews