PNC Financial Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2,154 reviews

Current Employees

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

2,154 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • great focus on work life balance (in 326 reviews)

• Opportunity to work from home (depending on role) (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be difficult (in 90 reviews)

• Again, upper management could be a little better informed (in 117 reviews)

"Branch Sales and Service Associate"

Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate to have a great team, it was a great ambient and I had enthusiastic coworkers. I also loved making relationships with my clients and building on them. Whether it is on the teller side or the platform side, PNC is a bit more laid-back than other institutions which allows for more relaxed manmer of addressing your clients and your coworkers. They make it very easy to do business with your clients and focus on what they call "The Conversation" which allows you to better understand your clients needs. I had my own way of doing this but PNC helped to smooth out some rough edges as well, and for that I am very grateful.

Cons

PNC does not empower you as much as other institutions to. They lack formalities a bit, and are inconsistent with their policies and procedures. There are many practices that need to be improved to be considered best practices

Advice to Management

When you say you will stand behind your employees, please follow through. I had a very particular situation that should have allowed for a smooth transition elsewhere, and although my management team was willing to help out in the beginning, they seem to have backed out and I ended up having to run after them to try to get anything done for myself. It was very exhausting and to this day I'm hoping it has a positive outcome, as it is yet to be resolved.

"Teller Lead"

Current Employee - Teller Lead in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Teller Lead in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. That is really it.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be difficult. Work as a Teller Lead is very demanding for very little pay. Training new hires to other branches, training new hires for the branch. My branch is relatively slow so they come to my location to learn, which is great but I am not duly compensated. Tracking teller referrals, insights, observations. Having branch management delegate duties that should be completed by him/her to begin with.
    When applying to departments outside of the current one, make sure the job description is more detailed. The position I applied for met the minimum requirements (bachelor's, Microsoft Office, 3 years financial experience) but I was not even offered an interview because they look to branch employees who have experience on the personal banking side as well as teller.

Advice to Management

Take ownership of issues and be more willing to help employees instead of telling them to refer to other departments for assistance.
    Take ownership in general when customers request branch manager assistance for their issues.
    Show employees how to resolve issues and not tell them to go to another department. Work out the problems together.

3. "Senior Loan Processor"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

I get to work from home 2 days a week & my work days are Monday through Friday

Cons

My raise, especially since I made the Presidents Club was an embarrassment

Advice to Management

Compensation for well deserved employess

4. "BSSA"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Akron, OH

Pros

Entry level and helps to develop your skills

Cons

underpaid and often times does not show interest in your voice

Advice to Management

Better benefits and adequate pay, listen to employee input

5. "Risk Analyst"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of nice and intelligent people and fantastic culture

Cons

No raise and low opportunity to grow

6. "Great Training but Terrible Development"

Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Branch Sales and Service Associate in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Awesome training program at the training site (away from the branch).

Cons

Unfortunately, the training is not put to use. Development is not taken seriously and you're not given the tools to become good at the position your in thereby setting yourself up for failure and ensuring that you wont be promoted.

Advice to Management

Value the hard working, ambitious talent. Take concerns raised seriously and act upon them. Take people seriously.

"Good people good culture but 30 years behind the curve in some aspects."

Current Employee - Wealth Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Wealth Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Contributes to amazing organizations.
    Hires good people at their core.
    Truly looking out for the blue collar individuals.
    Work life balance.

Cons

Tech is 30 years behind. Software to perform job is horrendous.
    Tenure has nothing to do with merit or work performance.
    Little salary incentive. No mid level leadership.

"Happy Employees, Out-of-Date Compensation & Benefits"

Current Employee - Balance Sheet Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Balance Sheet Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is relatively good and people rarely work more than 45+ hours a week during normal hours. Employees are relatively happy. The location and work environment in downtown Pittsburgh is nice and convenient. Stable employment outlook within the company.

Cons

Pay is a notch below par. They will never pay you what you're worth unless you leave the bank and come back years later. Very little promotion for non-upper management employees. You basically have to promote yourself by switching jobs every two years to stay ahead. Benefits are okay, employee 401K contribution is maxed at 4%. Health insurance is all high deductible and full of potholes to the point where you're probably better off with an Obamacare plan. Very little company diversity. The bank talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk with its community outreach (Green LEED Platinum Tower as a distraction while investing in Mountaintop Mining, for example).

Advice to Management

HR needs to do a better job at recognizing and promoting lower level employees rather than constantly reorganizing upper management. Stop investing in these cliche internal recognition programs (Spotlight, MoneyWise, EBRGs) and PAY MORE since money talks louder than kitchy virtual recognition cards... Look into better healthcare benefit packages.

9. "PNC"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Benefits and bonuses are a plus

Cons

Communication is a real struggle

Advice to Management

better across the board communication

10. "1st time in call center, great experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Good work environment. Growth is promoted. Best job I've have to date truthfully.

Cons

Be prepared, this is still a call center job so its not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Stay organized!

Showing 2,154 of 3,549 reviews