KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

PNC Financial Services Group

PNC Financial Services Group

Add a Review

PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 231 of over 6,980 reviews

3.7
PNC Financial Services Group  President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak
2,758 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great employee benefits and work life balance(in 549 reviews)

• "Great company with good benefits(in 301 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unclear direction from upper management(in 189 reviews)

• "Work life balance was not the best(in 157 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

83 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PNC Financial Services Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Enjoyable place to work

Jan 13, 2021 - Branch Service Representative in Ocean City, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, communication from upper management, appreciate and respect their employees

Cons

Pay wage scale at the lower end

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overworked and Underpaid

Dec 28, 2020 - User Experience Designer in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Ok for an entry level job just to get experience - Good work life balance

Cons

- Salary is much below market average without much room for a raise - Promotions are very team dependent - in my experience, no one on my team got a promotion, the two years I was there - Overloaded with work and understaffed - Not a good place for diversity and inclusion - Upper management strategy often shifts so years of work are sometimes discarded - Very slow, lots of legal constraints, not much room for innovation - Management is very stingy with money - Not a competitive environment for career growth, most teammates just there for a steady, 9-5 job - Company culture is very rigid for a tech role - Basically next to nothing company and team culture - didn't feel like anyone was happy to go to work, teammates were very private, never wanting to do any team events

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work

Jan 12, 2021 - Social Media Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, upper management actually tries to be inclusive, lots of opportunity to show off

Cons

You have to get promoted through the call center, which isn't for everyone

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Part-Time is So-So

Dec 18, 2020 - Teller
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work schedule, Great company culture Lot's of training available.

Cons

upper management is strict when you go over 26 hours full time employees are salary and will be paid salary no matter what, while you are hourly and have to work exactly your scheduled hours to get paid.

5. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

PNC IAM Internship

Jan 18, 2021 - Asset Management Summer Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, friendly people, good work, good office location

Cons

Unclear direction from upper management

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Technology leader heavy sales

Oct 7, 2020 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

They supported their employees during COVID and had a great model to keep employees and clients safe. Great benefits

Cons

While they praise just “doing the right thing” they are very sales driven and have lost many employees to this pressure. Minimal career opportunities for upper management. Centralized East Coast operations create a lack of engagement across their national footprint.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great coworkers, good time off benefits, out of touch upper management and bad pay

Oct 26, 2020 - Branch banker senior in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great vacation benefits. Three weeks to start then after a few years can but a fourth week. Loved my coworkers. Huge company in my area.

Cons

Lots. First, my biggest issue, upper management is out of touch no matter what position you have. Since reopening fully from COVID restrictions it’s has been nothing but sales goals talk and business as usual, despite these being far from normal times. We are also constantly asked to take on new responsibility but no pay increases. Add to it that with COVID sales which you get incentive from have plummeted in the bank proper and we are going to be making less money and there is zero talk of pay restructuring despite consistently great financials for the bank. The healthcare plan is abysmal. A high deductible plan that essentially leaves you paying out of pocket up to 2500 or 5k. A large medical expense would have crippled me financially. CEO is also out of touch. The issue of compensation came up last year, when employees weren’t even receiving cost of living raises despite record profits...the CEO literally said in a blog if you want a raise you need to get a promotion. That is great to say in theory, but when you have a pay scale that caps raises when you move internally and 50 people applying to every job it is unrealistic. All these reasons are why I recently left for a competitor bank. I got a larger raise than I would have anywhere in PNC, they have better healthcare, and they are actively evaluating how they pay employees in light of COVID.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee

It’s alright

Dec 3, 2020 - Bank Teller in Chester, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I like being home by 5:30 - It’s a job - The benefits aren’t completely horrible I guess - 3 weeks vacation / 1 week sick time

Cons

- Forever short staffed - Unrealistic expectations - Terrible communication from upper management - They dropped incentives and didn’t tell us (see: terrible communication) - Customers make you want to throw hands - STRESS

9. 3.0