- decent to good pay
- decent to good benefits
- generally nice people but afraid for their jobs and afraid of upper level management
- Management and especially upper level management can be very vindictive so need to watch what you say and what emails you write.
- CEO is widely disliked and feared by just about everybody I have met at the Company.
- an amazingly high percentage of employees are unhappy with the company. It really is stunning - I have yet to meet an employee that likes working at PNM Resources so morale isn't an issue because there is none.
- company's focus is on their next quarterly report - doesn't care about the quarterly report a year from now so no investment is made in anything till they absolutely have to then decisions are rushed so bad ones are made.
- they are heavy into outsourcing so people fear for their jobs. People constantly kid about being "impacted" - an euphemism that means your job has been outsourced
- many in mid-level management are folks that got there by breaking the Peter Principle so processes are frozen and change/improvement is difficult to make
- PNM R seems to be incapable of making decisions. They study things to death.
- not a place for someone who wants to grow in their career or learn new things.
- a depressing place if you like to solve problems and move on.
Advice to Management
Time to grow up and realize that it is about the long term not one, two or three months from now. They also need to understand that caprice and vindictiveness are no way to run a company.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?