PPC Reviews | Glassdoor

PPC Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
PPC President and CEO Paul Strasser
Paul Strasser

Pros
  • Great work/life balance throughout the company (in 5 reviews)

• Good People, Bonuses, and Freedom to get the job done (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of good, hardworking people left the company under AEA management (in 3 reviews)

• the firm was broken and he did not have the leadership qualities to rally the troops or authority to create a new business plan (in 3 reviews)

1. "APM"

I have been working at PPC (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, learned how to construct metal panels and curtain walls

Cons

Low Salary, longer hours than expected. Didn't provide room for growth.

"Growing pains"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees work very closely together, developing friendships outside of the organization. A lot opportunity for growth

Cons

A lot of turnover since the previous CEO and CFO left mid/late 2014 and the culture pretty much went downhill after that.

3. "Senior Engineer"

Former Intern - Senior Engineer in Soweto (South Africa)
    Former Intern - Senior Engineer in Soweto (South Africa)

I worked at PPC as an intern (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. I enjoyed

Cons

Weak training programme for new comers. i wanted to learn more.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at PPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good group of professional people.They understand what it means to work hard and what it means to have life i loved working there,the reason for leaving was to start my own business.

Cons

My narrow nitch didn't fit into the company's profile,i helped them meet a contract requirement.It is really not a down-side ,but this way it was harder to fit.

"Great place to work, but had some growing pains"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, and mostly surrounded by people who are engaged in their work. Very knowledgeable staff who will help you learn anything you're ambitious towards.

Cons

Multiple company sales and restructuring took a toll on the friendly, small-business feel of the company. Loss of several big contracts forced the restructuring of some of the business groups.

"Great job, but the company was really struggling. That lack of focus was pervasive."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interaction with the people was a lot of fun. I had as much latitude to do what I wanted to get done, and a felt that I got a number of things accomplished. In that regard I had a great job.

Cons

Unfortunately, management really didn't seem that interested in security. While I knew that I was getting things done, I never got feedback about my work, or the direction in which I was taking some things. Ultimately, my position was eliminated along with a number of other people when the company was sold.

Advice to Management

I hope the current crop of managers actually pays attention to some of the security issues that plagued the previous team.

8. "PPC was a privately-owned, great company when I started, was sold, and became just another beltway bandit."

Pros

There was great camaraderie among co-workers.

Cons

Performing billable work at the same time I was trying to find my next project. Late nights writing proposals.

"The best company culture I ever experienced in the beginning, then two sales that changed it forever"

I worked at PPC full-time

Pros

Big enough to learn and grow your career but no so big that you are just a number. Amazing culture under prior CEO's, albeit the company was still learning its way and making its fair amount of mistakes they were in it and helped to ride out tough times.

Cons

Too many to list. Layoffs, not enough diversity in management (women or minorities) and less than professional business practices. While layoffs will happen, some just didn't make sense. Layoffs were followed by the need to replace resources within months, didn't seem well thought out.

Advice to Management

Invest in rebuilding the company culture, stabilize and stop trying to be a jack of all trades. Look at the senior managers and when layoff decisions need to be made, look there first.

10. "Overall not a bad experience"

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at PPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, friendly staff

Cons

Career stagnation, poor planning by management

"Good experience for a short term, but long-term issues"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities for client experience. Nice people to work with. Was part of the AEG group when I worked there, which seemed to have problems, but now has been spun off, so it should be more focused on its core business. A good place for recent college grads.

Cons

High turnover, especially among the project managers, made it difficult to build working relationships. Some project managers did not know enough technically about the services we were providing. Mid-level managers, directors, had been promoted from within, and lack personnel management training. Different consulting group specialty areas don't communicate or cooperate much with each other.

Advice to Management

Need to foster communication and cooperation among different consulting departments and sectors. (That will also promote sales.) Those promoted into supervisory positions need to take training on personnel management if they never managed people before.