PPC Reviews | Glassdoor

PPC Reviews

Updated September 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance throughout the company (in 5 reviews)

• Good People, Bonuses, and Freedom to get the job done (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • the firm was broken and he did not have the leadership qualities to rally the troops or authority to create a new business plan (in 4 reviews)

• VERY HIGH turnover rate due to poor treatment of employees (in 3 reviews)

"Great employees and friendly environment. Executive team is untrustworthy and incompetent."

I have been working at PPC full-time

Pros

95% of the employees are great people and I consider friends.

Cons

The executive team is untrustworthy. You may think you are adding value to the organization and the executive team will tell you, you are safe from lay offs. Then out of nowhere they will lay you off.

Employees are in shock as to how the executive team still has their jobs. They have lost contracts because of poor performance, they haven't won any new business in years.

Advice to Management

Self reflection!
    Keep the employees that add value and cut the ones that have cost the organization money. Common sense!

"Great job, but the company was really struggling. That lack of focus was pervasive."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interaction with the people was a lot of fun. I had as much latitude to do what I wanted to get done, and a felt that I got a number of things accomplished. In that regard I had a great job.

Cons

Unfortunately, management really didn't seem that interested in security. While I knew that I was getting things done, I never got feedback about my work, or the direction in which I was taking some things. Ultimately, my position was eliminated along with a number of other people when the company was sold.

Advice to Management

I hope the current crop of managers actually pays attention to some of the security issues that plagued the previous team.

3. "Good company with potential"

Pros

Good experience and quality people

Cons

Workload per person causes extra stress

"Lots of problems"

Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at PPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Pretty good times if enough clients are coming in.

Cons

Purchased for the third time in like five years. I was downsized the same time our vice president was. Outlook is not very good.

Advice to Management

Do not hire more staff until you know you have enough clients to keep them afloat.

"Company Dying a Slow Death"

I worked at PPC full-time

Pros

I worked at PPC for many years. In the first part of my employment the company had a very employee friendly culture and had a more egalitarian approach to sharing the companies success as most good employees were rewarded with bonuses. Things were far from perfect but I appreciated the flexibility the company offered. The egalitarian culture changed with time but it was still a good place to work until the sale to AEA in 2008.

Cons

When the company was sold to AEA it placed great cash demands on PPC which limited the reward given to employees and created significant issues with paying the company's obligations. The culture of the company changed, good people left, and the company experienced significant fiscal hardship. The company experienced another sale in 2013 and the problems have gotten worse. Along with the fiscal problems and layoffs, the company appears to be blind to the massive incompetence it has in its senior management. This company is dying a slow death.

Advice to Management

Either take a hard look and shake up the senior management or just cash in your chips

"Terrible Management, Revolving Door of employees"

Pros

They had company happy hours

Cons

Management is completely Clueless... I have no idea how they are still around

Advice to Management

Training and listening to your employees

"Positive for years, then a free-fall and bottom is not yet in sight."

I worked at PPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people...they really believed in the firm. They are mostly gone now.

Cons

Once AEA bought PPC, the need for cash on the part of AEA was beyond the ability of PPC to produce...the pressure broke PPC. The CEO brought in for 2012 was a disaster...but to be fair, no one would have succeeded...the firm was broken and he did not have the leadership qualities to rally the troops or authority to create a new business plan. The fire-sale brought in new leadership that has not been able to break the fall and they too are now in trouble (layoffs continue as their business dwindles).

Advice to Management

Give it up...you are prolonging the inevitable.

"Stepping stone at most"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at PPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer decent salaries. If you are a self-starter and seem like you know what you are talking about, you have ability to be creative and put your stamp on projects. Provides a good stepping stone - but not a long term career.

Cons

The mindset of 100% billability is unrealistic. The company acts like a big player, but without the experience or clout. Until pointed out and questioned, HR sneakily tried to do away same-sex partner benefits.

"The best company culture I ever experienced in the beginning, then two sales that changed it forever"

I worked at PPC full-time

Pros

Big enough to learn and grow your career but no so big that you are just a number. Amazing culture under prior CEO's, albeit the company was still learning its way and making its fair amount of mistakes they were in it and helped to ride out tough times.

Cons

Too many to list. Layoffs, not enough diversity in management (women or minorities) and less than professional business practices. While layoffs will happen, some just didn't make sense. Layoffs were followed by the need to replace resources within months, didn't seem well thought out.

Advice to Management

Invest in rebuilding the company culture, stabilize and stop trying to be a jack of all trades. Look at the senior managers and when layoff decisions need to be made, look there first.

"You'll go far if you're part of the "inner guy circle""

Pros

Enjoyed working with some coworkers.

Cons

The "good-old-boy" style of management isn't exactly ethical.