PPG Reviews | Glassdoor

PPG Reviews

PPG Co-Founder & CEO Darryl King
Darryl King

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Engaging, Fulfilling Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

The sense of community is great. The atmosphere is challenging but patient, especially during the training process. The work is rewarding and highly applicable skills are developed by the work done.

Cons

As a contract employee, the nature of my position in the company is sometimes murky.

2. "Not Fufulling Payroll"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PPG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small firm, with big connections with partnerships that provide lots of opportunity.

Cons

Does not pay employees, all left due to no payment with promises of repayment later. Still waiting several years later.

Advice to Management

When the writing is on the wall and you see you can't pay employees, be realistic and act strategically and make the tough decisions.

3. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Valencia, CA

I worked at PPG full-time

Pros

Company ca pay ok but not really.

Cons

The department is very hostile! !!

Advice to Management

The manager needs to pay more attention to what's going on in the department and not to put off with it. BE PROFESSIONAL! !!!!

4. "PPG has big company benefits and bureaucracy"

I have been working at PPG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Successful company, well managed, challenging work, willing to spend money to train employees, 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6%.

Cons

Bureaucracy! It takes a long time and many approvals to get things done. Many functions are centralized through corporate and you have no choice but to go along with it.

Advice to Management

Stop centralizing everything. You think you are saving money, but really you are just slowing everything down and frustrating good employees. We are less able to serve our customers well because everything takes so long.

5. "chemist"

Former Employee - Chemist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Chemist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PPG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the pay was good and I liked my colleagues.

Cons

Stress level high was high and human resources placed a lot of stress on employees

6. "Great company burdened with bureaucracy"

I have been working at PPG full-time

Pros

PPG Aerospace is a very successful company that invests heavily in its employees. They are ethical and are environmentally responsible. They support process improvement and positive change. There is lots of room for advancement if you perform to their high standard. There are many talented people to work with.

Cons

The workload is heavy, and the big company corporate bureaucracy is burdensome at times. Some processes have grown beyond their usefulness and need to be fixed.

Advice to Management

Apply lean techniques to office processes instead of just manufacturing processes. The interaction between PPG corporate and the business units is difficult and some things just don't happen as they should. A lot of time is wasted trying to get things done that should be easy.

7. "status"

Pros

Great place to be employed

Cons

None I can think of

8. "they do not care"

Current Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at PPG part-time (More than a year)

Pros

paid vacation for part time employees. loyal customers.

Cons

they do not care about their employees. this is the absolute worst company i have ever worked for. applied for full time and hired people over me that quit within months.

9. "Life changing"

Pros

I've accepted it as a good place to start my career. Working with a small business, you get an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the business from all perspectives. Working with a small business also makes you feel like your with family. You learn from others and others learn from you. In a sense, you feel like an equal regardless of your title.

Cons

Also, because it is a small business, there may be very little room for growth. You can only learn so much from another individual and if it isn't in a field you desire to grow in, you're kind of stuck relying on what you've learned online. There is a lack of mentorship. What I mean by this is, in a small business, as oppose to a bigger firm, there may only be one position like yours so if you're confused about something, there is no one that you can turn to for help or support except for the internet.

Advice to Management

For a small business they are doing well with what they have. With the right people they can definitely grow into something big and very respectful.