PRA Destination Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Tony Lorenz

"Poor Management!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

PRA is a great company nationally, however, they are franchises and run independently, city by city. I had experiences with PRA offices in other cities and they were fantastic-- so much so that I'd always wanted to work for PRA. They have extremely high standards that each office is suppose to follow. A great reputation, generally. I learned so much from my co-workers!

Cons

Unfortunately, because each office is owned individually it is difficult for corporate to control every aspect of daily operations. Some offices are great and some are way below par. I happened to work at a below par office and did not receive training or support. We were understaffed and our workload was always unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Support your staff. Hire more support staff so that they are able to do the quality and quantity of work that you and clients expect of them.

2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at PRA Destination Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a fun career for the most part. You have the ability to be creative and most days are different than the next. I learned a lot from their strict standards (exactly how many spaces they require after a colon or how many lines after an entry) but i also learned that a lot of them are unnecessarily.

Cons

For a creative industry- events, it's an extremely rigid company that does not foster creativity. At least the San Antonio branch I worked for did not. High turn-over in staff. Very tight deadlines for lengthy proposals that most of the time never came to fruition.
    They have super, super time consuming standards. I appreciate standards but sometimes (like when I was called back into the office at midnight to edit a proposal) it was overkill.

Advice to Management

Be nice. Practice what you preach. Welcome to 2017. No one wears pantyhose. In Texas. In 100 degree heat. Foster more creativity. Appreciate all of your staff. Understand the variety of personalities you are managing.

"Very unethical and unprofessional company ran by an owner of no respect toward employees and/or clientele."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Clients attained from awarded business, client requested events worked/attended, professional networking opportunities.

Cons

Owner's business/people management, unprofessional female work environment, no employee benefits, no employee compensation, underpaid salary positions, lack in promotions.

Advice to Management

Learn better business owner management! Be respectful & honest to your business, employees, & clients. Offer better salary & benefits.