PRA Health Sciences Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
PRA Health Sciences President, CEO & Director Colin Shannon
Colin Shannon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work/life balance is the best that I have experienced in my career to date (in 69 reviews)

• Allowed to work from home 4 times per month (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work/life balance teamed with lack of managerial support makes it hard for staff to stay with the company (in 29 reviews)

• Upper management was overly strict with a job that can be done from home (in 23 reviews)

"NA"

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Jackson, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Jackson, NJ

Pros

Flexibility, time off, ability to work from home

Cons

Busy and slow periods, to get all work finished and in a timely manner may cut into home life.

Advice to Management

NA

"PRA is a company that really treats employees with respect and offers lots of growth opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Growth Opportunity/Career Advancement
    Invested in staying on the forefront of technology
    Great work/life balance and corporate culture
    Stable and growing company
    Competitve compensation

Cons

can't think of any! Very happy to be working at PRA, especially during a time of such growth. We have an excellent reputation within the industry and with our clients, and I can honestly say that I am proud to be a part of PRA.

"I love it"

Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I enjoy every aspect of working here. I really cant think of anything negative. Breakfast every Friday, dry cleaing delivered to and picked up from the office, chair massages, and even a car detailer.

Cons

There really are no cons. The only thing I could even think would be more pay, but who doesn't want that?

Advice to Management

The leadership at PRA is really well rounded. They are very compassionate people who seem to care for their employees.

"Best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I have had a great experience working here. Praised when I have done well, promoted quickly and love the atmosphere and people and I work with.

Cons

Just going through the transition of growing so quickly - it 's a great but requires also requires changes, so you need to be flexible and open to change to work here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Progressive and Flexible"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PRA is a great place to work for project managers who want to feel supported. PRA is a big company, but that's not so bad after you've tried to work for a start-up like I have. Management is supportive and flexible and adaptive to the needs of staff and Sponsors. They're also willing to listen to good ideas and take risks. They were quick in hiring compared to other CROs and thorough in the interview process. I work with some great people and really enjoy going to work every day there. PRA won CRO of the year for the 2nd or 3rd consecutive year...they are doing things right. Oh...and there's free breakfast every Friday.

Cons

A big company feel.
    Big network of systems to navigate and finding the information you need (at least the systems are all integrated, though).

6. "PRA has a unique culture that provides a work-life balance with the professionalism of a world-class organization"

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would say the Pro's of working here are having a work-life balance, and excellent culture where they have family outings, social events, as well as the ability to celebrate personal agendas (birthdays, wedding/baby showers, etc.). This company is very professional but allows jeans attire on Fridays. Also, they cater breakfast in for us once a week (buffet style) from different restaurants in the area.

Cons

The only Con would be that they make us work a 5 day work week! haha

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Great training enviornment"

I worked at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great and the information systems are top notch. As a growing company, there is a lot of room for opportunities especially at the entry level. 4 weeks of PTO right off the bat is unheard of.

Cons

Communication between management and CRA's is average. Management of work life balance is so so, but when there is a lot of travel that can be the case

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Challenging - Rewarding"

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging work, moving around across departments is not only allowed, it's encouraged. Large international company but has maintained the camaraderie and culture of a smaller firm. You are held accountable, but when you deliver with quality work, you are rewarded. Fellow employees are often there to help and support you.

Cons

Communication could improve - we want to know whats going on whether it's good or bad.

Advice to Management

Communicate more often

"PRA - SR CRA experience"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at PRA as a Sr CRA for one year and it has been a very positive experience. I especially appreciated the the onboard training and the opportunity to learn their systems. Pros are - good FM, online tools, and the spirit of teamwork. I especially appreciate the support provided by in-house staff. I have worked at other CROs and Sponsors, and this is for me, a good fit. Co-workers have had the opportunity to transition from monitoring to project management, so there is evidence of career growth.

Cons

Like all monitoring positions, finding a work/life balance can be a challenge. Project meetings with CRAs could be more useful if representatives from data management were included (at least on occasion).

Advice to Management

Please continue to remain transparent.

10. "Great company! Great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement. Friendly/casual corporate culture. The company is growing very rapidly so there are always opportunities to improve your career

Cons

Limited work from home options

Advice to Management

Consider being more open to working from home.