PREMIER System Integrators Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kenneth Coggins

"Great Company, Smart Co-Workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people with a strong commitment to doing things the right way is what sticks out most about PREMIER. Ownership culture with profit sharing and 100% Employee Owned. Great mix of long tenured employees and newer employees due to growth. Strong development and advancement opportunities for Engineering.

Cons

System Integration isn't for everyone. Sometimes it means longer hours and travel but they are very upfront and look out for you, monitoring workload and regularly checking in.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow by hiring smart people and providing challenging opportunities.

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Engineer in Smyrna, TN

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good mentorship, great colleagues. Small company with a down to earth leadership team. They require top grade engineers. Room to advance if they continue to grow as they plan. You pretty much set your own path.

Cons

Some travel, but that is explained up front. Profit sharing can become a good part of your salary. This can be a good thing just as much as a bad one. Sometimes there is limited resources and time for personal growth beyond the scope of your current project. Overall not too many cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and always remember you are a service company at the core and take care of those who take care of you. Leave some resources for personal growth.

3. "Great job, great company, long term longevity"

Current Employee - Corporate Services in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Corporate Services in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a family-focused company full of energetic workers that always has the 'best in class' attitude in everything they do. The flexibility and great mentoring I receive from my managers is so important and appreciated! PREMIER rewards loyalty and hard work with a good compensation plan that is higher than many corporate service type positions out there.

Cons

Because it's an engineering company, obviously the engineers are the main focus when it comes to career opportunities for future. There is not a ton of upward movement for office personnel while the company is still growing but hopefully there will be in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to create a friendly laid-back office environment with flexibility that appeals to employees that are very family-oriented.

"Caring Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Pros

This company strives for excellence and expects it's employees to do the same. Being on the administrative staff, I see the great lengths upper mgmt goes to to 'do what's right' for all employees.

Cons

a 45 hour work week is a little excessive for admin but a low number for work-oholic engineers :)

Advice to Management

Continue putting employees first. 'Treat an employee like they make a difference - and they will' also 'Make a habit of saying Thank You'...

"Nice Place"

Current Employee - Engineer I in Smyrna, DE
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Smyrna, DE

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Managers & Senior Engineers

Cons

Travel & 45 Hour Work Week

Advice to Management

Continue the good work

6. "Nightmare: CEO is an Insecure Bully"

Former Employee - Engineer in Smyrna, TN

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is in Smyrna, not Lavergne.

Cons

Absolutely the worst job ever. If you go for an interview, ask "How does Ken Coggins treat people?" If they offer a single word praising him you are talking with a dirty liar. He loves to berate people in public, complains constantly about his managers, and yet is too spineless to fire anyone himself.

Advice to Management

Try not to spill drool down the corners of your mouth when you are berating people in a meeting.

"Engineer 1"

Former Employee - Engineer I in Middletown, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer I in Middletown, OH

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Premier is a great company to work for. I always felt like my personal life was put before any work, and when something came up in the home life I was covered by my coworkers stepping up. Atmosphere is great, people are great, and I never felt like it was a struggle to go into work.

Cons

Travel is included in the job, but is clearly and accurately stated in the job description

"Good company, lots of fun."

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Decatur, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Decatur, AL

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have not been here very long compared to quite a few. I see the hours and holidays being listed as a negative by others. Coming from not only heavy industry but also retail I don't see the number of hours and the days I work as being that bad, I have had worse. They really do try and work with you to get you the time off you want, they really do try to keep you off on the weekends and at times they have paid to bring me home just for the weekend, at no cost to the customer. I have as diverse field of work as I want. I get to see something new all the time, I get to create something new quite frequently. Out of all the places I have worked this place has the least amount of drama and no subterfuge. That has been the most refreshing thing I have experienced since starting here.

Cons

If you want the best of the best you have to be willing to provide more education other than on the job experience. That type of education is great, but the more tools we have in our bag the better we can speed through a problem. For me I would stay enrolled in at least one secondary education course constantly trying to build my bag of tools. College tuition reimbursement is not an option here, not even if it is related to you job or even a direction the company would like to move. I would understand if you work for an engineering company and they don't want to pay for a basket weaving degree, that makes sense, but something business related?

Advice to Management

There are a lot of administrative tasks associated with management of tasks. I want to do the right thing but if the instructions for these tasks exist they are hard to find. There are many items that I don't think the instructions exist for. It would be nice to have a guide for these tasks.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer I in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer I in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They work with you to blaze a path you want. They have many customers and many work in many technologies and industries so if you get tired of one industry or technology, let them know and they work with you to find something new and interesting. They are very genuine about working with you on your career growth. They are loyal to their employees. The senior management mostly has come from within and thus the management is also very strong technically and has been in your shoes.

Cons

Due to much of the integrator work happening when factories are shut down, you will to work many holidays. High hours.

Advice to Management

Promotion into senior leadership from within the company is something very respectable and lets instills a lot of trust. Continue to keep work of work life balance. Might be good to also keep track of missed holidays and try to spread this hardship.

PREMIER System Integrators Response

Feb 1, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for the review! One of the keys to PREMIER's success has been a strong focus on career development & mentoring at all levels. It's something we'll continue to enhance and improve upon long ... More

"A Great and Active Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quality employees from administration to engineering. It seems like all employees are encouraging to each other and aspire to great things for PREMIER. The pay, bonuses, benefits, and other incentives are very rewarding compared to other companies and/or positions in the area of Middle Tennessee. The company is not too big and also not small, makes it great when talking and getting to know other co-workers. Encourages cooperative programs for college students in which they earn a lot of hard-to-find experience and knowledge.

Cons

Likely to be 45-50 hours on average a week for some engineers and technicians. Low customer base (which still offers plenty of lucrative work)

Advice to Management

Consider acquiring and/or hiring more liberally to grow the companies customer base. After all, this is a "tech" business. Keep middle management more accountable. Promote more non-work activities (fun!) in the workplace. After all, PREMIER will have to start dealing with more and more millennials.