PREMIER System Integrators Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Kenneth Coggins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Review"

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growing company. Great people to work with. A company with best in class engineers. Company with a vision. Customers first. Profit sharing plan.

Cons

System Integration isn't for everyone. Sometimes it means longer hours and travel but they are very upfront and look out for you, monitoring workload and regularly checking in.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire excellent employees and develop leadership in order to continue growth for years to come.

"Great Company, Smart Co-Workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people with a strong commitment to doing things the right way is what sticks out most about PREMIER. Ownership culture with profit sharing and 100% Employee Owned. Great mix of long tenured employees and newer employees due to growth. Strong development and advancement opportunities for Engineering.

Cons

Advice to Management

Continue to grow by hiring smart people and providing challenging opportunities.

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Engineer in Smyrna, TN

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good mentorship, great colleagues. Small company with a down to earth leadership team. They require top grade engineers. Room to advance if they continue to grow as they plan. You pretty much set your own path.

Cons

Some travel, but that is explained up front. Profit sharing can become a good part of your salary. This can be a good thing just as much as a bad one. Sometimes there is limited resources and time for personal growth beyond the scope of your current project. Overall not too many cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and always remember you are a service company at the core and take care of those who take care of you. Leave some resources for personal growth.

"Controls Engineer"

Former Employee - Control Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Control Systems Engineer

Pros

Interesting and challenging work. You are compensated for extra hours worked and travel.

The senior engineering/project management staff is friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Very diverse industries to work in. You will definitely not get bored with repetitive work. They are great about helping you acheive goals in career development as an engineer.

Cons

Long hours, plenty of weekend hours, travel, night shift, and frequent schedule changes make making plans difficult and often have to cancel last minute. Work life balance is definitely on the workaholic side of things. Some love that but some don't. If you don't, this may be frustrating for you.

Advice to Management

Don't deny vacation requests because its too far out to know if you need us on a project. Instead allocate resources around vacation time so that we can maintain our sanity.

Hire more engineers to lessen the work load on individuals and stop letting the customers treat us like a mill constantly churning out support hours no matter how short of notice. We have families and passions outside of work. This also contributes to maintaining our sanity.

"Computer Engineering Coop"

Pros

- Flexible hours
    - Many opportunities to learn new technologies
    - Overall great work environment conducive to learning

Cons

- Travel is a must. If you are not prepared to travel this is not the job for you.
    - Training Process is rather sub-par. Train on a lot of technologies you may not use for a few years.

6. "Great job, great company, long term longevity"

Current Employee - Corporate Services in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Corporate Services in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a family-focused company full of energetic workers that always has the 'best in class' attitude in everything they do. The flexibility and great mentoring I receive from my managers is so important and appreciated! PREMIER rewards loyalty and hard work with a good compensation plan that is higher than many corporate service type positions out there.

Cons

Because it's an engineering company, obviously the engineers are the main focus when it comes to career opportunities for future. There is not a ton of upward movement for office personnel while the company is still growing but hopefully there will be in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to create a friendly laid-back office environment with flexibility that appeals to employees that are very family-oriented.

"Caring Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Pros

This company strives for excellence and expects it's employees to do the same. Being on the administrative staff, I see the great lengths upper mgmt goes to to 'do what's right' for all employees.

Cons

a 45 hour work week is a little excessive for admin but a low number for work-oholic engineers :)

Advice to Management

Continue putting employees first. 'Treat an employee like they make a difference - and they will' also 'Make a habit of saying Thank You'...

"Nice Place"

Current Employee - Engineer I in Smyrna, DE
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Smyrna, DE

I have been working at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Managers & Senior Engineers

Cons

Travel & 45 Hour Work Week

Advice to Management

Continue the good work

9. "Nightmare: CEO is an Insecure Bully"

Former Employee - Engineer in Smyrna, TN

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is in Smyrna, not Lavergne.

Cons

Absolutely the worst job ever. If you go for an interview, ask "How does Ken Coggins treat people?" If they offer a single word praising him you are talking with a dirty liar. He loves to berate people in public, complains constantly about his managers, and yet is too spineless to fire anyone himself.

Advice to Management

Try not to spill drool down the corners of your mouth when you are berating people in a meeting.

"Engineer 1"

Former Employee - Engineer I in Middletown, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer I in Middletown, OH

I worked at PREMIER System Integrators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Premier is a great company to work for. I always felt like my personal life was put before any work, and when something came up in the home life I was covered by my coworkers stepping up. Atmosphere is great, people are great, and I never felt like it was a struggle to go into work.

Cons

Travel is included in the job, but is clearly and accurately stated in the job description