PRIME Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • There is a lot of flexibility if you need to work from home, or take an afternoon off for an appointment (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible hours, and if you manage your time well the work/life balance is great (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Even in the office, there's bad communication between Project Managers and Analysts (in 10 reviews)

• LOW PAY: Prime expects 30K-40K performance & dedication from analysts who are paid (in 8 reviews)

"Considerate Workplace; Flexible Hours"

Current Employee - Media Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at PRIME Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and solid training and accommodation for entry positions.

Cons

Moderate turnover and ambiguous room for senior growth and development.

"Progressive Company with Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Technical Development in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Development in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at PRIME Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has a dedicated and responsive HR Department.
    Respects Employees time (good work / life ratio)
    Standard to Great Benefits
    Good Location
    Room to Grow for Employees Starting from the Bottom

Cons

Management can be difficult to Communicate with at times
    Heavy Workloads at times
    Communication Difficulty between departments and offices

Advice to Management

Prime is a great company for someone looking to get a start in digital communications, social media, tech, or project management. There is a lot of freedom to grow in your own direction for those who are looking to push their boundaries.

Management, in my opinion, is really attentive and communicative with its employees compared to previous companies I have worked at. Having said that, I have seen and heard coworkers feeling left out of the decisions or policies made by upper management.

"Highly Recommend for Flexibility and Benefits"

Current Employee - Media Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at PRIME Research part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Prime for a little bit over six months now and can say with confidence that I love to work here. The company treats their employees almost too good, and there is lots of room for growth. The hours are flexible and while sometimes the work is taxing, it's all worth it. Any complaints that an employee has can be put in a suggestion box and they are discussed monthly. Most Project Managers let their Analysts work from home and work some days and have flexible hours making it a great place for college students or busy moms. The health insurance seems to be pretty decent and affordable and your coworkers are a vibrant an eclectic group with a few disruptive people, but not unlike any other workplace.

Cons

The parking sucks. The location of the office is right in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor and sometimes you can find free residential parking, but you're pretty much stuck at $1.20 an hour parking.

Advice to Management

Project Managers get monthly parking passes at the parking garage. I think that offering the analysts the monthly passes at a discounted rate would make this place a much better to work. Managers make salary and analysts make hourly. It makes sense to offer some compensation.

"PRIME Research values talent and provides unmatched experience in field"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

PRIME uses empirically-tested research methods and tools that provide confidence in quality products/services.
    PRIME provides opportunities to expand professionally and work with some of the most accomplished leaders in the industry.
    PRIME's leadership encourages, inspires and educates employees to maximize potential.

Cons

PRIME is adapting to new cultures as office locations expand

Oct 21, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your positive review! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your experience with PRIME. The firm's desire to manage growth through geographic diversity is challenging from time to time but ... More

"Media Analyst"

Former Employee - Media Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

-flexibility in terms of work schedule

Cons

-unfriendly work environment
    -unfair compensation

Sep 15, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for recommending our company; thanks also for your positive outlook. The leadership team works hard to make PRIME a good place which earns the loyalty of our employees. Our flexible work ... More

"Bad company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at PRIME Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible in beginning great place in beginning

Cons

I would recommend to work anywhere else but here. The management is terrible Work hard not compensated. Terrible health insurance.

Advice to Management

Management has no idea what they are doing. The hardest part of the job is that there is no leadership.

Oct 9, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

I appreciate that you care enough about PRIME to comment. I must disagree with your assertions by citing the many promotions for career-minded professionals who work hard and smart to contribute ... More

"Excellent research company"

Former Employee - Researcher in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Researcher in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

This is an excellent research company focusing on media analysis. The people and services there are so nice and wonderful! They support and encourage both practical and academic research.

Cons

You need to be self-motivated when you work there.

Aug 27, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your positive review. You make an excellent point about PRIME encouraging practical and academic research. PRIME began as an academic institute in Mainz, Germany in 1987. Since that ... More

"Great company, friendly coworkers"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at PRIME Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours - very good work/life balance
    Friendly, smart coworkers
    Great location in New York

Cons

The Glassdoor reviews. I had a wonderful experience working for PRIME in New York City. My colleagues were friendly and smart and I continue to maintain professional relationships with them. I valued my experience at PRIME and it's a wonderful addition to my resume.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Aug 9, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your positive review. I see PRIME in the same way that you do...smart friendly people, great locations and good work/life balance. As for the Glassdoor reviews, I understand your ... More

"McDonald's for the college educated"

Former Employee - Media Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at PRIME Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible hours
    - Position title looks good on resume
    - I worked with some pretty awesome people when I was there
    - Located downtown Ann Arbor near good restaurants and the bus

Cons

- Low pay (won't even cover for garage parking so get used to busing to work)
    - Boring work
    - No benefits
    - Very high turnover
    - Very obvious caste system; those of the lower caste know and understand that they aren't worth very much. During my time there, those that were higher up on the food chain were referred to as "the one percent"
    - If you can't "code" (i.e. read and assign topics and ratings) quickly then you are probably going to get fired

Advice to Management

The work is boring and repetitive and there isn't much room to learn after about 4 months. With this in mind, maybe blend responsibilities so that an analyst can potentially do more than just "code" for 8 hours a day. Also, please find another word for "coding." Folks aren't writing R or C++. They are reading and assigning topics and numbers to what they read.

Jul 15, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for your review. My take on your reference to McDonald's is different than yours: Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, comedian Jay Leno and actress Jennifer Garner started their careers at McDonald's ... More

"A Culture of Disrespect and Negligence"

Former Employee - Media Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at PRIME Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office is downtown, easy job for college students, flexible hours, opportunity (sometimes) to work from home if needed. The flexible hours are probably the best pro about working here.

Cons

You barely make enough to cover rent, live paycheck to paycheck despite working full-time 40 hours a week. Only recently were the analysts given paid vacation - 5 days total per year. There is no paid sick leave, no paid holidays, no maternity leave, and more, for any of the analysts.

If you get pregnant, lose your baby, suffer from severe postpartum depression, have your work performance fall because of it, you will be fired. No compassion, no sympathy, nothing.

More and more analysts are quitting and finding new jobs. Project managers leave routinely. There is no employee retention at this company, the turnover is so ridiculously high. Many that worked there were not happy with the management, with the way they were being treated, with the culture of the company. Most of the analysts.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they are more than drones. Your analysts are the lowest-tier in the company, and are worked like they are expendable, unimportant, regardless of the fact that without them, the company would not be able to stand on it's own two feet.