PRO Sports Club Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Dedomenico

Pros
  • Free gym membership, some people can be really nice, discount on certain food items and at the PRO shop (in 11 reviews)

• Free gym membership, good benefits, great pay, and discounts throughout the club (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Management is pretty disorganized and the upper management cares way to much about revenue than it's employee's at times (in 5 reviews)

• Limited room for growth and opportunity (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The best health club"

Current Employee - Group Fitness Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at PRO Sports Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's not perfect, but it is the best health club to work at in Washington state. Clean, world class culture, great people, education and career development.

Cons

Not a con in my opinion, but if you are not someone who wants to wear a uniform, stay clean shaven, no visible tattoos, name tag and be asked to clean up throughout the club, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

As a manager myself I strive to work together with other managers, follow up with employees in a timely manner and hold everyone to the same standard. I treat my entire team as if I as a manager SERVE them, not the other way around.

Sep 29, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review the PRO Sports Club! As you know we value our employee’s feedback and really appreciate you taking the time to write this review along with all of your hard ... More

2. "Swim Instructor"

I have been working at PRO Sports Club part-time

Pros

The job is truly what you make of it, you are in charge of your clients- retention and booking, this allows for you to create your schedule and endless commission!

Cons

It is a very conservative environment.

3. "Adequate"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Bellevue, WA

I worked at PRO Sports Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really worked with my schedule. On location sick call. Really nice Holiday party. Free membership to the club for employee only, half price child care for employees (should be free, imo)

Cons

Second class treatment of some areas of employment, monthly meetings touting benefits for employees, but those were only for full time employees so if you were part time, they couldn't care less. Child care is expensive and since the pay their teachers so little especially if they are part time you are basically working to pay for your children to attend the child care, or just enough that you are stuck working there because you can't afford childcare else where. The food options they have for the kids is bland and not the healthiest, the buttered pasta is swimming in butter most of the time. The kids have zero outdoor space to play in but do get a chance once and a while to go play at a nearby park, if they are part of a camp or preschool class (which costs extra) zero paid parental leave. This company touts health and family but feed the kids bland poor quality goods give them little to no outdoor play time and won't give paid parental leave, which all seems hypocritical to me.

Advice to Management

I would advise upper management act more socially responsible, to offer tastier, healthier choices of food to the daycare/preschool kids, offer paid parental leave. Build an outdoor play space for the day care AND preschool kids to use, if preschool kids get a visit from the gire department also include the day care kids so they can enjoy meeting firemen, offer free child care to employees again. End mandatory monthly meetings touting benefits for full time employees, or at least end the mandatory part for part time employees, yes we get paid to attend, yes we get bland pizza or fried chicken strips, boring salad, and delicious chocolate chip cookies during these meetings but having to sit through a presentation on this great benefit that I can't benefit from is insulting and a waste of my time. I'm not the only one who felt that way either.

5. "Basketball"

I have been working at PRO Sports Club part-time

Pros

Great culture and environment, company likes to promote from within. Fairly well paid, great customer service

Cons

At my job there was no where to go promotion wise. Needing to be clean shaven, and wear a uniform

Advice to Management

Think about increasing positions. Keep expanding and retain employees.

6. "Personal Trainer"

Pros

Great facility/ equipment to use for training. Wealthy clientele.

Cons

No paid holiday time off.

7. "Dietitians"

I have been working at PRO Sports Club full-time

Pros

great co workers, club membership

Cons

off work hour shifts, late nights

8. "Personal Trainer"

Former Employee - Personal Trainer
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer

I worked at PRO Sports Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great perks. Great Lifestyle programs

Cons

High sales expectations, but most trainers are able to achieve.

9. "Guest Service"

Pros

Pay was competitive and you get free access to the gym, which is nice. Also, I think they give you health benefits depending on how long you've worked.

Cons

The mindset of the company is kind of stuck in the past. You have to wear these really ugly tracksuits, and you have a lot of restrictions when it comes to how you conduct yourself--Kind of makes you feel like a robot.

Nov 7, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review the PRO Sports Club! We are so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the uniforms. We are always striving to improve and would appreciate any feedback on ... More

"Professional and supportive. A second family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at PRO Sports Club full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Such a supportive environment. Dedicated to each other and helping health and happiness in employees and members alike. Lots of room to grow and hone your skills.

Cons

High energy and high demand. Good for professional growth and developing new skills.

Sep 29, 2016 – Recruiter

We love to think of the PRO Club as a second family! Thank you for taking the time to write this review we really appreciate all the great feedback.

11. "Massage therapist"

Pros

Great pay, steady business and very organized.

Cons

Work load can be challenging at times, but the company understands this and how important self care is. I always felt very supported

Advice to Management

None

Sep 29, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review the PRO Sports Club! Being the largest Health Club in the world we know that at times the workload can become challenging. We appreciate you rising to the ... More