PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 23, 2017

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Employee Relations Manager"

Former Employee - Employee Relations Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Employee Relations Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Management, hard working people, fun environment, great benefits, diverse, good work-life balance.

Cons

Nothing negative about Professional Aviation

2. "Great as 1st job at the airport"

I worked at PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT part-time

Pros

Travel benefits, 401k, few good supervisors on the floor and leads,

Cons

Gossip, pay, culture, worklife, 10 day vacation

Advice to Management

At first I was so excited to be working for the company but I did learn alot about airlines through this ezperience. If you even want a job at LATAM you have to go to sub company a third party which is called profession aviation management which is based in Miami. This airline is based at JFK from Chile. Now If you like people asking you questions about your enite life once you step foot on the floor then it might be the place for you. The staff is compleatly hispanic there is not vairety in race or culture. Which is sad becasue 1/2 of the staff can't speak decent English and we're in the USA passengers who only speak english can't understand the agents at times or their annoucments and get frustrated. All the training was in Spanish everyone spoke to everyone in Spanish. I was shocked. I'm hispanic my self but when Ive taken bilingual job English was the primary language for training and the language was if the customer needed assitance in that specific language. This has all the bad qualities there is alot of gossip, bocinche and drama that goes on here and if one person find out something about you the whole job knows. I noticed they liked to hire alot of people who spoke more spanish than English and I begna to notice why. The managemnt there tries to be slick so if your new you would probaly think that how things work here in America. WRONG such as pay and vacation time. Here you only get 10 days a year.... and its hard to even take vacation they cblock out a month sometimes and not even give you a reason why but then upper management can go away for a two week vacation. Of course durinf holidays its understandabl , Also you can't take all 10 days at once, and they they tell you theres no such thing a unpaid time off.. even tho they use ADP and I used ADP and my prior job before them and you can and their work week is monday - sunday like in Latin America, eveno tho your pay is scheduled as Sunday through monday. So if you wanna get saturday sunday off you would have to work it a week before if it makes sense. Since they claim the work week is MONDAY-SUNDNAY first job I ever had tell me that. I left because they had too much favortism too much gossip and I didn't suck up. They lost alot of ppl in less than two months probaly 8 all because they don't care about their employee and arent flexible to work with you. And if youre full time forget it you get paid less than partime and do more work. for what 90$ more to your paycheck no worth it. It good if you wanna get a Part- Time job there which starts at 13.17 and you get flight benefits after 6 months . Use it as a stepping stone to keep applying to a better place. When youre hired by airline directly you get better benefits right away including travel. Here they wont even give you a new uniform they give you used ones. When there should be a way to order for new hires like most major carrieirs. It's not LATAMs fault because they dont hire directly in NYC they use professional management. Who doesn't even know how to mange their own staff and pay people after they leave. Also if you do leave they make you give back the uniform so someone else can use it and no they don't clean it you would yourself and if you dont give it back you wont see your last paycheck ever. They take off the direct deposit before your last pay forcing you to go to the airport to get it and when for them when ever the decide to come up on their own time.
    Use this as a learning experience because it does help to learn the airlines computer system and how to control your emotions infront of emotional passengers and pick up a little portugues. Try find a airline that hires directly like American airlines United or Delta even Jetblue. I stayed for 7 months untill i got hired to another airline so It does help you move to a better airline because of the experience.

I still love the brand however the JFK staff needs to be fixed from uppermangemnt to the bottom and get more english speaks and not make it mandatory to speak spanish hire regual agents and bilingial agents to change up the work enviorment cause it has the worst hispanic trait there gossip , easedropping into people conversation and telenoleva like drama and one guy that tries to get will all then new girls even tho he has a wife .
    FYI: the tourist speak more english that half the workers there.

Part-time also can't go past their schedule hours only Full-Time.
    It's time to find a new Third party company like DGS or Envoy to take care of LATAM it such a great company and professional is damaging them there at JFK. NEEDS STAFF CLEAN UP starting with Maria curray and Nelly Arce ( who thinks being supervisor is being intimidating and having people sucking up to her)

3. "Company"

I have been working at PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT full-time

Pros

Good to start.
    OK benefits

Cons

Bad Managenment.
    Low pay.
    No regard for workers

4. "Pilot"

Current Contractor - Airplane Pilot Or Copilot in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Airplane Pilot Or Copilot in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Little opportunity to build flight time

5. "worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Ground Operations Coordinator in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Ground Operations Coordinator in Miami, FL

I worked at PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pays on time and correct most of the time, not always

Cons

HR is a joke, there is no employee representation, no room to grow, worst schedules, unless you are from Chile or somewhere in south america you are discriminated against, feds should investigate professional and latam for their misuse of H1-B visas practice to drive wages down. they will force you to make brake the rules, and when something goes wrong you are the escape goat

Advice to Management

get rid of professional wich is only a front to avoid liability and and hide from unions and employee complains

6. "Human Resources"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like their Healthcare Benefits: (Medical, Dental, Vision). Also they have Short Term Disability for all their employees and Life Insurance

Cons

Is a staffing company, from all perspectives I think it's better to work for the employer directly, without intermediaries.

7. "Not a bad place to work after all. What company on earth doesn't have problems?"

Current Employee - Aviation Electrician in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Aviation Electrician in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Very good management and team to work with.

Cons

Nothing particular at the moment.

Advice to Management

I may not be the right person to render advice to the management.

8. "Good Top Management"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MANAGEMENT part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upper management cares about employees and listens to their suggestions to improve process

Cons

Requires a lot of part-time managers

Advice to Management

Keep closer tabs on some manager's activities.

9. "Working in hotel industry"

Current Employee - Aviation in Kolkata (India)
    Current Employee - Aviation in Kolkata (India)

Pros

I love hospitality. Working with polite people and wonderful people. Day start with smiling face.I just love the way hospitality.

Cons

When I am unable to satisfy my guest. Still smiling face helps a lot.

Advice to Management

I wish management will always cooperate.After all guest are always right.