PROS Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PROS President, CEO, and Director Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Pros
  • smart people, great culture, interesting work (in 16 reviews)

• Good work-life balance, working from home is encouraged (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees (in 10 reviews)

• So much work and new wins that internal processes are stressed for capacity (in 5 reviews)

"Quickly expanding with a modern culture"

Current Intern - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Intern - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a very social culture here. Expect to make friends with your coworkers if you want to succeed. I find people are very accommodating a treat you like a professional. As long as you get your work done you will not have any issues.

Cons

Very brief initial training. Expect to hit the ground running

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The constant drive forward keep the job interesting.

Cons

The building could use a renovation.

"Great company - great market trajectory"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Very focused on "doing the right thing" with customers. The company knows that if it does everything to make its customers successful -- everything else will take care of itself. New customer wins are celebrated, but nothing gets people fired up more than hearing PROS customers speak about the great benefits they are receiving from their software.
    * The product organization is much more focused, introducing exciting new features which customers want
    * The cloud transition has gone very well - some speed-bumps early in the process but the shift has gone really well, and it is resonating with new and existing customers. It feels like a young company.

Cons

* Still have some work to do on getting all of the processes fine-tuned, but making progress

Advice to Management

Stay the course, focus on developing your middle managers as they will have more and more responsibilities as we continue to grow. Some are better than others and need coaching.

"Amazing company with great people that work together closely"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership is very collaborative and professional
    Integrity is a key cultural component
    Loyal to customers and focused on customer success
    You can have tons of fun with some very bright people
    Investment in R&D is impressive

Cons

So much work and new wins that internal processes are stressed for capacity.

Marketing this awesome company and culture could be better

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep this fantastic culture where people can do their best work.

6. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the very beginning I was impressed at the cross-functional, cross-departmental, network of help and support each-other at PROS. We want each other to succeed and to succeed as a company.

Cons

It's not clear how to some people get promoted while others don't. Do you wait to be asked or do you go out and ask for it? At what pace does it occur? Why is that person not a VP???

Advice to Management

My advice would be -- address the Con that I've listed -- when someone does get promoted, talk about how they got there.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Great dedicated team that is focused on winning

Cons

We need greater brand awareness

Advice to Management

Invest more in marketing

8. "Sales"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customer centric culture. Great move going all in on cloud 100% SaaS. Teaming across departments good, good spirit of cooperation. Great market opportunity to take B2B business mainstream. More reps closing deals

Cons

For a remote (non Houston based) employee you sometimes feel like you miss out on some of the things that happen at HQ

Advice to Management

Keep up the all employee communications. Keep increasing empowerment down to those closest to the problems. Continue the culture that founder Ron started with customers and employees as #1.

"Consultant"

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

smart people, great culture, interesting work

Cons

the company loses focus sometimes because there is so much it wants to tackle

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

10. "Excellent Company, Excellent Leadership, Commitment to Employees"

Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is outstanding. From flexible hours/working at home to professional development to working with people who think positively and who are exceedingly helpful and who take extreme pride in their contributions to the company's success. A fun, efficient and collaborative environment. Great benefits, good opportunities for growth and a kitchen stocked with both healthy and unhealthy snacks/drinks/espresso machines is always a nice plus.

Cons

I cannot think of one.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

11. "Great Company. Smart People."

Pros

- Free snacks stocked breakfast and lunch snacks.
    - Coffee and tea with many different varieties makes the day so much better when you need a lift
    - People here are insanely smart and really know their stuff. I am always inspired by the people I work with and it makes me want to work just as hard to produce a great product.
    - Challenging environment. This is definitely not a job you coast at. The work is definitely always challenging so every day you are on your A game. I like it since I'm the type that gets bored easily otherwise.
    - My managers/directors are always very open with me and invested in me. I can tell by the time they spend with me that they truly want to see me succeed.
    - Room to grow. From the first day I always felt there is definitely lots of growth that can happen if you really want that.
    - Lots of meeting space. It's great to be able to have a great office space where everyone can brainstorm or meet on anything that may need more discussion.
    - Great benefits. Discounts on gym membership. I pay very little for insurance for me and my kids. Lots of add-one including great 401k plan, options for HSA or FSA. Tuition benefits, lots of team events and company

Cons

- There is a definite learning curve. Products are complex and you will need months to learn everything you need to know and maybe even more. It helps though that everyone goes through this and your co workers are super helpful at supporting you through this time.
    - Parking is shared with HCC campus so it can be challenging to find a spot after a certain time.

Advice to Management

Not a lot to say here except keep prioritizing employee work-life balance. Keep up the #lifeatpros tag to build a great social culture!