PROS Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
PROS President, CEO, and Director Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is mostly good (in 11 reviews)

• full of smart people to interact with everyday that helps you elevate your knowledge and increase the momentum of your currier path (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees (in 11 reviews)

• So much work and new wins that internal processes are stressed for capacity (in 5 reviews)

1. "Very Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Opportunity to make high impact in Fortune 1000 companies

Cons

Houston as a city offers little for the young generation

"There's a new challenge everyday!"

Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment along with great resources and extremely helpful people. The people seem to be welcoming. The work hours are easy. Being a software company, one can easily log on from home and work from there (if one's discipline enough).

Cons

The company lacks experience to match the top dogs. Like all work places, too much politics. People should go to work do their jobs and put their differences aside and move on.

Advice to Management

Great management but we could use some internal structuring along with a little discipline.

"Going from good to great... closer to great now. Also see reviews on 'PROS Revenue Management" - same company"

Current Employee - Products Team in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Products Team in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Lots of growth opportunity. Great people with great attitudes - willingness to help across job roles. Low amount of silos - lots of cross team collaboration. Revamped marketing and sales. Facility improvements underway. Good centralized location in a great place to live with low cost of living. Want more responsibility - just ask for it :)

Cons

Company is growing rapidly and it is tough to keep up. It's not the right place for everyone. You can have a huge impact but there is no place to hide if you are looking to coast.

"A lot of opportunities ..."

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are self-driven and know what you want, this is a place you can have experience and find opportunity to grow. You have a lot chance to innovateby yourself or follow talent people. Flexible work hour helps balance your personal life needs and work priority.

Cons

Company is growing fast so there are a lot new hires. Most of them are excellent. But there are few un-qualified people who couldn't survive and make trouble to create too much politics. But this is common problem with most companies.

5. "Best Company I've worked for to date - Great pay, Great people, Great career opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Fast-growing company with very talented people. Great team spirit. Everyone I've worked with is pushing hard for the success of the company. Top Management is very involved with their employees and every aspect of the business. They are always asking everyone - "What can I do to help." This is not the same company of 4 years ago prior to going public.

Cons

Growing so fast that sometimes the processes are not up to speed with the growth. However, with the talent PROS has, the workarounds and solutions are usually not far behind. Sometimes there is insane pressure and time demands - but the positive is that the work is always appreciated and well compensated!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep hiring great people, and keep listening to us. Do this, and there is no doubt we will have success in the marketplace.

"Implementation Consultant"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, lots of smart people, and a lot of growth potential

Cons

Politics becoming an issue more and more

"Best career decision I ever made."

Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel cared for here and look forward to coming to work. You can’t walk down the hallway without a chat. Free food and drinks everywhere. Sponsored events all year long celebrating birthdays, holidays, product launches, families, happy hours and so on.

Flex hours, can wear jeans every day, video games, couches, ping pong tables; it’s a really causal, laid-back environment that encourages community but respects your individual work style.

From executive leadership down, I’ve been supported with full autonomy to improve any opportunity that I come across. Ideas are encouraged and welcomed from above and below; territorialism is virtually nonexistent.

New and tenured employees mesh; there is definitely a specific “type” of PROS employee that fits in well. If you bring passion and ideas that you can independently execute to the table, you’ll be praised and rewarded for your work. You don’t need to ask for permission, just come in, get things done, be friendly and you will succeed.

PROS is a strong, fast growing company with good products, a vision for innovation, and success is shared with employees.

Cons

Trying my best to be objective here with an honest review, but there really are very few legitimate CONS to working at PROS. Managers/leaders are hit or miss, most of the gripes have everything to do with who you report to. There are some people with not-so-great people skills in management positions because they are otherwise brilliant. There can be a lack of urgency in moving them out, so I’d say that making difficult decisions about people does seem to be our biggest challenge.

Advice to Management

You’re doing a great job. Continue reinforcing our culture and investing in innovation. Invest in HR so we can continue developing our growing workforce. Encourage more shared goals and collaboration across departments and organizations.

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, great environment. There is a tacit agreement that we are all in this together, and haven't seen any of the normal "blame game" situations you hear elsewhere.

Very smart people, it seems like recent hires (at least in my area) have focused greatly on taking the company culture to the next level of innovation.

I don't have enough experience to have a good reference on compensation, but I have no complaints about it. I believe health benefits are pretty normal, but not fantastic.

Cons

Smaller company, so you don't get some of the big perks of a big company (daycare, PTO rolling over every year, other fringe benefits), but nothing that is not made up for by a great work environment.

PROS Response

May 28, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for very much for this review! We're really happy that you’re enjoying PROS. Sounds like you’ve just made your first year at PROS, so you know how much we have grown as a company. As you... More

"Innovative, Super Smart Company Poised for Success"

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

The people at PROS are amazing. Most are warm, engaging and super smart. PROS customers are genuinely excited about the software - it's such a great feeling to hear customers talk about how much your work has helped them, both personally and professionally. The work is challenging but exciting at the same time. PROS gives it employees lots of flexibility on their work schedule.

Cons

Some team members are overly reactive (pendulum swinging, fad chasing), compensation is in-line with market not above it, with growth comes growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, stay positive, be mindful of those that criticize who aren't so strong themselves.

"Company is getting better and better every day"

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Really turning into a great company. Culture is getting more healthy and constructive. Success is building on success. It is a great place to be proactive and make good things happen. Lots of potential for this company in a growing market.

Cons

You must be a self starter. This is not a good company for people looking to be told what to do.

Advice to Management

Continue to build leaders from within.

PROS Response

Jul 21, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for submitting a review, as well as, your candor as to the work ethic for those interested and considering PROS as their future employer.