KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

PROS

Engaged Employer

PROS

Add a Review

PROS Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated Apr 9, 2020

Found 26 of over 412 reviews

4.3
PROS President and CEO Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner
Pros
  • "Work with tons of smart people that support each other who are positive and encouraging(in 26 reviews)

• "PROS truly appears to be an employee-centric employer who considers the employee's work-life balance in a tangible way(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be challenging(in 12 reviews)

• "C-level does not hire senior leaders from within, so no career path for employees(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for, in a hot market, driving digital transformation

Apr 9, 2020 - Senior Account Manager in Rye, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment, diverse, inclusive workforce, lots of very smart people accustomed to working in a collaborative team based mode.

Cons

What the company does is complex so the learning curve can be a bit steep, but the company has great LMS and Sales Enablement resources to help out

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company, Great outlook

Feb 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free snacks, free drinks, free extra lunch from meetings all the time, quarterly company sponsored happy hour, company sponsored team outing, PROS will also move into a brand new office space this year. Lots of diversity groups that are constantly involved in the community. Work with tons of smart people that support each other who are positive and encouraging 401k match, generous PTO maternity leave, sick time, Employee company stock purchase at a discount, laptops and flexible work life balance CEO is genuinely a good person who personally helped pick up employees who were stranded during Harvey!

Cons

Politics and uneven workload distribution in certain groups. HR could see some improvements, for example when we changed HSA provider employees have to submit the paperwork themselves when this can easily be done automatically through HR on a more mature system.

12 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Difficult CYA Culture

Jul 8, 2019 - Vice President Sales in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and benefits, smart people. Incredible product.

Cons

From the top down leadership is heavily invested in the next scapegoat, which drives a often toxic culture. They are not connected with the reality of the market and prefer to "continue the beatings until morale improves".

19 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, great company, great technology, great growth...

Feb 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

PROS has not only very smart people, but also very good people that treats each other with respect and supports each other. We have kept up with technology trends and this has truly helped my career

Cons

If you want to challenge yourself and grow, this is a great place. We are moving very fast, which is why we are growing and having so much success, but we all work hard for it

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Experience varies by department, and varies by manager.

Jul 1, 2019 - Generic Tech
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent. Location is nice. Bonus is nice. There are very smart people here.

Cons

Some departments are great, but others are horrible. Good people quit bad bosses. Before making the decision to accept the job offer, look closely at your future manager.

9 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Great environment

Nov 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

PROS fosters a great environment of people that are invested in positive interactions. Teams work well internally as well as with other teams. The technical challenges are interesting, and there are many smart people to learn from and be mentored by.

Cons

Vacation is use it or lose it with no rollover, which is nice in that it forces you to use your vacation. However, it would be nice to roll over, perhaps a maximum of 1/2 of total vacation, to allow wiggle room, especially around end/beginning of year.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Okay company to learn and grow. Internal problems with direction and vision

May 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some very smart people that are humble and willing to mentor. Engineering has a core of people that knows the product very well. All hands on deck during release makes a good effort for release.

Cons

Can't keep GOOD talent. Management thinks this is normal or cyclical, it's not... Senior engineers and people who have been here 5+ years are leaving... Outdated technology, underpaid, and overstressed environment. On top of that, the company is losing a ton of money (check out the quarterly reports). Going to love the response from HR on this. They're going to say we get health fairs and other perks to make up for... If you think I'm being cynical, just read the other reviews.

18 people found this review helpful

PROS Response

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. In the same way that PROS products helps our customers compete and win more effectively, we're committed to do whatever it takes to help build a strong business and culture. Our employees share in our culture which encourages ownership, passion, pride, trust, integrity, innovation, customer centricity both within the company and then extending it to all parts of our lives. We wish you were happier with our current management. HR is currently developing an integration tool under the Employee Engagement that will allow employees to like or not like a topic or initiative. This project will also allow an employee to serve as advocate to bring about a positive change, obtain employees feedback, improve communication for improving the culture and making things better across the organization. Please feel free to reach out to your HRBP with any concerns as we are always looking at ways we can make improvements.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The people make the company

Nov 2, 2017 - Product Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

PROS has flexible hours, gives you the opportunity to work remotely in most positions, and supports a good work-life balance for most teams. We have incredibly smart people here, so there is always someone to learn from. There are many employee-led events like Chinese New Year, a Diwali celebration, and a Home Brew contest.

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in upper management, but it does seem like they are working on the issue. I've seen people that are not good people managers get promoted to being people managers. This is not great for keeping talent. While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time. Again, this is not great for keeping talent.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Fantastic place to work

Apr 7, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people, great environment. There is a tacit agreement that we are all in this together, and haven't seen any of the normal "blame game" situations you hear elsewhere. Very smart people, it seems like recent hires (at least in my area) have focused greatly on taking the company culture to the next level of innovation. I don't have enough experience to have a good reference on compensation, but I have no complaints about it. I believe health benefits are pretty normal, but not fantastic.

Cons

Smaller company, so you don't get some of the big perks of a big company (daycare, PTO rolling over every year, other fringe benefits), but nothing that is not made up for by a great work environment.

Be the first to find this review helpful

PROS Response

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for very much for this review! We're really happy that you’re enjoying PROS. Sounds like you’ve just made your first year at PROS, so you know how much we have grown as a company. As you mentioned, we do our best to keep things as small as possible and improve our benefits and perks. Things can change rapidly at PROS and those that can adjust and work at the same energy pace that the overall organization works – they do great here.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for in a booming industry.

Nov 10, 2014 - Associate Data Scientist in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very laid back. A lot of smart people working here. Company keeps growing very fast which allows for growth opportunities.

Cons

Length of time at the company plays a bigger role for promotions than I would like to.

4 people found this review helpful