PS Business Parks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Maria Hawthorne

Pros
  • It also ensures that employees are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• This is a finacially strong company that allows its leasing team to negotiate deals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • PSB was experiencing high turnover under the former CEO, but I believe the new CEO, Maria has been working diligently to fix this (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is so oblivious as to what goes on in each office (in 4 reviews)

1. "PS Business Parks-Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My employment at PS Business Parks has been one of the best work experiences in my career! For the past one year and a half, I have had the opportunity to learn more than I have learned in any previous position held with another company, which is priceless. Furthermore, I have received the best support and direction from colleagues and upper management.

PS Business Park's size is one of its greatest advantages, as one is able to become familiar with almost all of the employees in some capacity, which in return, creates a "family-like" experience at work. In addition, the team at PS Business Parks is one that is unlike any other-- everyone is super kind, professional, knowledgeable, and most importantly, collaborative.

The upper management team is very involved and has a vested interest in the employees and the success of the Company. The CEO, Maria Hawthorne, is an exemplary leader and an example of someone who has no limits, as she has worked with the company for 32 years, from Administrative Assistant to President and Chief Executive Officer. Ms. Hawthorne is sincerely interested in all of the Company's employees, strives to create a happy & healthy workplace, and is passionate about seeing employees succeed. She is involved in all aspects of the Company's operations and is extremely approachable and personable, which creates a level of comfort for all employees. Needless to say, she is a super savvy, intelligent businesswoman that holds her own in the super competitive commercial real estate & REIT industry.

I feel fortunate to be an employee of PS Business Parks, as I know that the Company is sincere and has the best interest of both the employees and the Company's success at hand. It is also comforting to know how financially stable and secure PS Business Parks has maintained itself to be despite the ever- changing real estate market and economic environment.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention at this time.

2. "Great Culture and Supportive environment"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PS Business Parks strives to create an environment where employees feel valued. It also ensures that employees are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance. The company supports employees in their daily work through the assistance of the team leaders and senior managers.

Cons

I do not have any Cons.

Advice to Management

Let's keep hiring and retaining the best in the industry, so we could outperform the competition.

3. "PS Business Parks"

Former Employee - Senior Property Manager in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Property Manager in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is solid financially. During the bad economy, the company remained very stable. Their stock continues to do very well. They work very hard at being the best in the business at what they do. The portfolio of real estate is run very tight. They take the real estate as far as possible. They run a tight ship. Marie

Cons

Not enough people. Very heavy workload.

Advice to Management

Staff up in order for the employees to have a reasonable workload.

5. "Financially Sound, Career Development Opportunities, Rewards Hard Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Great work-life balance for employees. It's been my experience that hard work is rewarded with advancement opportunities. PSB is on solid financial ground and has zero debt. The new CEO, Maria Hawthorne has been hyper focused on employee retention and working to upgrade company culture. Understand that recognition is earned and not an entitlement. Be willing to ask questions and take on responsibilities outside of your normal day to day tasks. This shows you are engaged and looking for more growth. Managers will recognize this and give you more opportunities. Management would always prefer to promote from within the company than hire from outside. I'm excited to see where this company grows over the next 5 years.

Cons

PSB was experiencing high turnover under the former CEO, but I believe the new CEO, Maria has been working diligently to fix this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Change doesn't happen overnight, but I believe we are moving in the right direction.

6. "Assistant Teacher"

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A position that enables me to work closely with the teacher to create interdisciplinary lessons. Support and implement instruction for students' behavior plan.

Cons

Temporary labor which does not permit for you to establish a professional environment. There is no stability.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for long term commitment for people to establish themselves in the environment.

"Bring your own plates, forks, knifes, and cups. Ridiculously lean."

Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Glendora, CA
    Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Glendora, CA

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While at this place I could not see much that I could qualify as Pros.

Cons

For a small environment, there seems to be a lot of employee friction and a lot of firings. Nothing to learn here, overall quality of work force is low. You will not feel surrounded by smart people with whom one can learn and improve. Boring days inside a box-like building located in a very industrial area. Company offers little to no benefits, except for a lousy 401K which is matched only after 1 year of service. All one gets from this company is a salary, period.

Advice to Management

Please make an effort to at least stock the kitchen with the minimum necessary gadgets such as forks, knifes, and plates. How costly to a company can this be?

8. "Great Company To work for"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I enjoy everyone that I work with not only in my office but my division as well. I like the fact that I am not micro managed.

Cons

There is lack of training for all positions

Advice to Management

They should have a designated trainer who can train on all administrative duties.

"NOI Driven REIT"

Current Employee - Property Management in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Property Management in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of responsibility
    Great Co-workers at all levels

Cons

Reduction in staff toward NOI benefit, led to inability to feel effective.

Advice to Management

Take a ground up tour of the company. Improve compensation structure. Embrace human resources.

"Very high expectations for very little pay"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hayward, CA

Pros

Great people, sick pay accrued at approx. 3 hours per pay period, 2 weeks accrued vacation after 1 year, 3 weeks after 2 years of employment

Cons

Very low pay scale. Substantial cost-saving accomplishments that are initiated by support staff (admin assistants/maintenance techs) are never mentioned or rewarded. Annual holiday schedule doesn't commence until Memorial Day (holiday schedule - 7 legal holidays + 3 floating). Without a 4 year "degree", can't ever aspire to be anything but an administrative assistant or maintenance engineer, regardless of length or "degree" of experience. Case in point, a current long-time employee has both Property and Leasing management experience but will never be promoted to either management position due to the lack of that 4 year "degree". Another current employee has the most engineering experience of anyone working at PS but can expect to go no further than current position of Maintenance Tech.

11. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits overall, great management, we all work together as a well adjusted team, job is never boring, stable, challenging, ethical.

Cons

Can't think of any. They truly care about the staff. I have no cons. at the moment for this company.

Advice to Management

None