PS Business Parks Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.3
Maria Hawthorne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It also ensures that employees are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• This is a finacially strong company that allows its leasing team to negotiate deals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • PSB was experiencing high turnover under the former CEO, but I believe the new CEO, Maria has been working diligently to fix this (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is so oblivious as to what goes on in each office (in 4 reviews)

1. "PS Business Parks-Corporate"

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My employment at PS Business Parks has been one of the best work experiences in my career! For the past one year and a half, I have had the opportunity to learn more than I have learned in any previous position held with another company, which is priceless. Furthermore, I have received the best support and direction from colleagues and upper management.

PS Business Park's size is one of its greatest advantages, as one is able to become familiar with almost all of the employees in some capacity, which in return, creates a "family-like" experience at work. In addition, the team at PS Business Parks is one that is unlike any other-- everyone is super kind, professional, knowledgeable, and most importantly, collaborative.

The upper management team is very involved and has a vested interest in the employees and the success of the Company. The CEO, Maria Hawthorne, is an exemplary leader and an example of someone who has no limits, as she has worked with the company for 32 years, from Administrative Assistant to President and Chief Executive Officer. Ms. Hawthorne is sincerely interested in all of the Company's employees, strives to create a happy & healthy workplace, and is passionate about seeing employees succeed. She is involved in all aspects of the Company's operations and is extremely approachable and personable, which creates a level of comfort for all employees. Needless to say, she is a super savvy, intelligent businesswoman that holds her own in the super competitive commercial real estate & REIT industry.

I feel fortunate to be an employee of PS Business Parks, as I know that the Company is sincere and has the best interest of both the employees and the Company's success at hand. It is also comforting to know how financially stable and secure PS Business Parks has maintained itself to be despite the ever- changing real estate market and economic environment.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention at this time.

2. "Great Culture and Supportive environment"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PS Business Parks strives to create an environment where employees feel valued. It also ensures that employees are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance. The company supports employees in their daily work through the assistance of the team leaders and senior managers.

Cons

I do not have any Cons.

Advice to Management

Let's keep hiring and retaining the best in the industry, so we could outperform the competition.

3. "Financially Sound, Career Development Opportunities, Rewards Hard Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Great work-life balance for employees. It's been my experience that hard work is rewarded with advancement opportunities. PSB is on solid financial ground and has zero debt. The new CEO, Maria Hawthorne has been hyper focused on employee retention and working to upgrade company culture. Understand that recognition is earned and not an entitlement. Be willing to ask questions and take on responsibilities outside of your normal day to day tasks. This shows you are engaged and looking for more growth. Managers will recognize this and give you more opportunities. Management would always prefer to promote from within the company than hire from outside. I'm excited to see where this company grows over the next 5 years.

Cons

PSB was experiencing high turnover under the former CEO, but I believe the new CEO, Maria has been working diligently to fix this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Change doesn't happen overnight, but I believe we are moving in the right direction.

4. "Assistant Teacher"

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A position that enables me to work closely with the teacher to create interdisciplinary lessons. Support and implement instruction for students' behavior plan.

Cons

Temporary labor which does not permit for you to establish a professional environment. There is no stability.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for long term commitment for people to establish themselves in the environment.

"NOI Driven REIT"

Current Employee - Property Management in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Property Management in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of responsibility
    Great Co-workers at all levels

Cons

Reduction in staff toward NOI benefit, led to inability to feel effective.

Advice to Management

Take a ground up tour of the company. Improve compensation structure. Embrace human resources.

6. "Great Company To work for"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I enjoy everyone that I work with not only in my office but my division as well. I like the fact that I am not micro managed.

Cons

There is lack of training for all positions

Advice to Management

They should have a designated trainer who can train on all administrative duties.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits overall, great management, we all work together as a well adjusted team, job is never boring, stable, challenging, ethical.

Cons

Can't think of any. They truly care about the staff. I have no cons. at the moment for this company.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Leasing Director"

Current Employee - Leasing Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid ethical company that believes in employees. Excellent atmosphere and opportunity to growth.

Cons

There is nothing I can't think of.

Advice to Management

Stay strong!

"Avoid it if you have any other options."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

Good benefits and free soda

Cons

To begin, you will receive little to no training and very little help because the other employees are so busy with their own work. You will be reprimanded and ridiculed in front of others at the weekly meeting. In addition, leadership will talk badly about employees in front of the office staff. This poor leadership has resulted in an overall organizational climate of mistrust and an "every man for himself" attitude. Lots of finger-pointing Unfortunately, the employees are under constant stress wondering if they will be the next target.

The company operates lean so you are expected to produce reports and conduct business using equipment that is outdated and in a state of disrepair.

No matter how busy you are, you will also be required to produce a list of all of the tasks that you have completed each day and forward it daily to the Vice President so she will know exactly what you're doing each day.

Turnover is high and I have seen more than 1 employee in tears. More than a few have indicated that if something better came along, they'd be gone.

Advice to Management

With the high turnover rate, there is obviously a problem. Understand that negative leadership behavior results in a significant negative impact to the organization's bottom line. It's pretty obvious where the problem lies.

10. "PS Business Parks is a great Company to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the company I have been looking to work and grow with where things are constantly developing and changing, they offer many benefits and job security.

Cons

One of the major challenges in this job is to work with clients, as you have to know how to listen and give them the best customer service