PS Business Parks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Maria Hawthorne

Pros
  • It also ensures that employees are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• This is a finacially strong company that allows its leasing team to negotiate deals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • PSB was experiencing high turnover under the former CEO, but I believe the new CEO, Maria has been working diligently to fix this (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is so oblivious as to what goes on in each office (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company where the individual makes an impact"

Current Employee - Leasing Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Leasing Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

This is a finacially strong company that allows its leasing team to negotiate deals. The goals and targets are clear. There is direct access to the senior executives on big deals, and decisions are made very quickly. The best part is that this company supports teamwork between leasing and property managment. Everyone is fun to work with, and supportive in attaining goals.

Cons

The company is lean, but everyone works hard. No slackers allowed.

Advice to Management

Make the health care benefits less expensive for the employees.

2. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

I started working at PS Business Parks about 3-4 months ago. I immediately felt part of the team and at home with the company. Everyone that I have come in contact with thus far from my local office to the Home Office has been nothing but extremely helpful and patient with me while learning the ropes for the new company. I feel empowered to do my job without being micromanaged and there is always someone willing to help with questions or suggestions.

Cons

So far, I can honestly say that I haven't run into any challenges other than any normal day to day challenges that this job faces.

3. "Beautiful Loving company, that takes care of there employees with a 5 star rating"

Current Employee - Maint Engineer in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Maint Engineer in Hayward, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i have accumulated 3 days vacation allready in my 1st 90 days, with full bennies, medical and dental......

Cons

i had just taken a webinar training on heat exhaustion, which was really informative......

Advice to Management

Keep up the great management, its awesome!

5. "PS Business Parks is a great Company to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the company I have been looking to work and grow with where things are constantly developing and changing, they offer many benefits and job security.

Cons

One of the major challenges in this job is to work with clients, as you have to know how to listen and give them the best customer service

6. "Leasing Director"

Current Employee - Leasing Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid ethical company that believes in employees. Excellent atmosphere and opportunity to growth.

Cons

There is nothing I can't think of.

Advice to Management

Stay strong!

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits overall, great management, we all work together as a well adjusted team, job is never boring, stable, challenging, ethical.

Cons

Can't think of any. They truly care about the staff. I have no cons. at the moment for this company.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Assistant Teacher"

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A position that enables me to work closely with the teacher to create interdisciplinary lessons. Support and implement instruction for students' behavior plan.

Cons

Temporary labor which does not permit for you to establish a professional environment. There is no stability.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for long term commitment for people to establish themselves in the environment.

"Outstanding Career Opportunity w/Rock Solid Company"

Pros

PSB is a great company that provides unique long term career opportunities with one of the strongest real estate companies in the nation. I appreciate their decentralized operating platform that allows team members to make decisions as an "owner". PSB allows its employees to wear multiple hats which accelerates learning and development.

Cons

While I don't think its a con, be prepared to work hard, accountable to results, resourceful and a self starter.

10. "Financially Sound, Career Development Opportunities, Rewards Hard Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Great work-life balance for employees. It's been my experience that hard work is rewarded with advancement opportunities. PSB is on solid financial ground and has zero debt. The new CEO, Maria Hawthorne has been hyper focused on employee retention and working to upgrade company culture. Understand that recognition is earned and not an entitlement. Be willing to ask questions and take on responsibilities outside of your normal day to day tasks. This shows you are engaged and looking for more growth. Managers will recognize this and give you more opportunities. Management would always prefer to promote from within the company than hire from outside. I'm excited to see where this company grows over the next 5 years.

Cons

PSB was experiencing high turnover under the former CEO, but I believe the new CEO, Maria has been working diligently to fix this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Change doesn't happen overnight, but I believe we are moving in the right direction.

11. "The Place for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Promotion and opportunity is based on merit. It is also a company that will allow you to be moved from one department to another. You can go from leasing to property management and vice versa. The CEO started as an admin in corporate accounting and moved all the way to the top. The company listens to the concerns of the employees and is always trying to make this a better place to work.

Cons

The company has a history of performing above the market and this can lead to a lot of expectations to always outperform.

Advice to Management

Continue the employee engagement surveys. You listened and created change. It makes me feel like I'm contributing to the whole company.