PS Lifestyle Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Perks!"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at PS Lifestyle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great schedule-mostly days, built in clients, seniors are amazing! Managers listen and care and buy food and drinks when we're busy. Provided uniforms!

Cons

Very busy-good for money though!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep listening to the stylists!

2. "Stylist"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PS Lifestyle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with elders.

Cons

You are all bye yourself everyday. So their no one to ask if you are not quite sure about something

Advice to Management

Have meeting with employee or conference calls

"Manager\stylist"

I worked at PS Lifestyle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with seniors. Making them beautiful because some of them getting their hair done is the only thing they look forward too.

Cons

They expect you to work full time for part time pay. They totally take advantage if you. They expect a lot out of you and when you need them to help you they don't . This company is horrible. Stay far away. If you really are using these reviews to help make your decision really read them carefully. They wanted their employees to write good reviews about them because there are so many bad reviews against them.

Jul 31, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Here at PS Lifestyle working with the seniors and working in our salons is always a great experience-they are great people and the built in clientele is a great perk, and we're glad that you agree... More

"Great Clients Bad Company"

I have been working at PS Lifestyle part-time

Pros

Great people in communities! Love working with the seniors!

Cons

No appreciation from upper management. Horrible pay. Not sure if they are compliant with work laws.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the "little" people. You have no company without them.

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Business Partner

We appreciate the time you spent working with our teams and residents and creating this review regarding your work experience at one of our locations. While we are pleased to know you liked working... More

"No Real Structure"

I worked at PS Lifestyle part-time

Pros

Great business model
    Has wonderful potential
    Daytime hours with usually no weekends for Hair Stylists

Cons

Unorganized corporate office
    No hourly pay for Hair Stylists or Nail Techs

Advice to Management

Rethink what you're offering- commission only, part time hours with very hard work. At least provide a base pay or guarantee.

"Worst Company I've Ever Worked For!"

I worked at PS Lifestyle full-time

Pros

Working with the Stylists, the staff at the communities, the Seniors and their families.

Cons

If you want to work for a company that will work you to death, use you and spit you out when they're done with you, then this is the place for you! The average employment term for office staff is two years. Employees will either have a nervous breakdown, be set up by upper management or lied about by co-workers. Co-workers that "rat out" others, usually do it because they are threatened about losing their jobs. Upper Management creates a "kill or be killed" atmosphere. Every VP in the company is a liar and a coward. They "rule" with fear and that's why they do not have the respect of their employees. There are a few long term employees that work in the field and God help PS Lifestyles if those women quit! They're the only ones that can put out the fires created by the mismanagement. The other long term employees are brown nosed, spineless turncoats. This company doesn't know the first thing about loyalty or honesty.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the sand!

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for the time you spent working with our teams and residents and creating this review regarding your work experience at one of our locations. While we are pleased to know you liked working... More

"This Company at any given moment will turn your world upside without thinking twice!!"

Former Employee - Management Team in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Management Team in Boston, MA

I worked at PS Lifestyle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Building relationships with communities and developing long lasting memories with the seniors

Cons

Lack of leadership and knowledge of the industry, they treat everyone as a number with no regard for the hard work and dedication of their employee's. Moving up in the company financially you move backwards not forward. Cut in Pay without considering the amount of years you have been with the company and the years of dedication.

Advice to Management

What advice can you give a company who has no clue to this industry. Take into consideration, although you may think "your stylists" are not able to perform on a "corporate level" Think again. Many of these stylist have one think your "corporate management team" does not...KNOWLEDGE OF THE FIELD!! Experience and developing relationships , continuing and individually building there own business successfully. Once you have appreciated these individuals as your equal then maybe you can prosper and grow. Anyone can lie and fake it till you make it but eventually the true comes out and the pieces crumble. CLearly that is what is happening here. Turnover and people leaving your company shows the loyalty your company has to the people help make your company.

Jun 23, 2017 – HR Business Partner

8. "I've had a great experience working for this company.!"

Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at PS Lifestyle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with opportunity for growth. They promote from within. Great hours. Working with seniors is very rewarding and the beauty professionals are amazing.

Cons

This is a part time job for most. Beauty pros work 2 to 3 days a week. Because it is part time there are no benefits until you get into full time management.

Advice to Management

The field loves to hear from you!

"Current DM Jacksonville FL"

Current Employee - District Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PS Lifestyle part-time

Pros

Working with experienced field operations and Regional managers is key.
    I truly believe this company cares about its employees and the communities that they partner with and service. It's nice to have support from upper management with any situation that should arise.

Cons

I believe all of the kinks are being worked out and we are on our way to great succeses.

Advice to Management

Thank you all for your continued support!

"District Manager"

Pros

Good hours. That's about it. Not too many good things except the concept is good.

Cons

Everything else.
    Payroll issues
    Little communication with higher ups
    Termination over anything and everything.
    Lies and excuses
    Rules change every day because they're made up by two people.

Jun 22, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for the time you spent working for our company and creating this review regarding your work experience at one of our locations. While we are pleased to know you liked our hours of operation... More