PSA Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

PSA Airlines Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The flight benefits are tremendous (in 31 reviews)

• Flight benefits are good and you get to meet different people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, schedule isn't as flexible as it could be (in 25 reviews)

• It took all the fun out of being a flight attendant (in 12 reviews)

"Somewhat Tolerable Place to Work as an FA"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at PSA Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flight benefits
    -Normal Health Insurance
    -Some of the staff was great
    -Somewhat flexible schedule while on reserve
    -standard pay for the industry

Cons

-My first trip ever that I worked, they didn't book a hotel room for me that night. I had worked ALL day, I got to the hotel around 10pm that night and had an early flight to work the next morning, WITH NO HOTEL ROOM THAT NIGHT.
    IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!
    Come to find out they did that to half my training class.... talk about disorganized! (I eventually got a room because my pilot gave me his room and slept somewhere else!!!!!)

-Overworked (but that's just how this industry is)
    -Regional carrier (they are always heavily overworked)
    -Crew scheduling is usually a nightmare
    -Disorganized
    -You're not fully prepared after training! Just a heads up.

Advice to Management

Just stop and take a look at yourselves, it's not all about the money. Be respectful of your people.
    Have a Delta or Southwest Airlines mentality and invest in your workers!!!!!
    People hate working with you, get it together.

"Flight Attendant position is a joke!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at PSA Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flight crews and trainers are wonderful, too bad they work for such an disorganized bunch of idiots

Cons

Everything is a con!!!! Pay is disgraceful!!! My college aged daughter made almost as much while in school as you will make in your first year as a Flight Attendant. Management is clueless, scheduling overuses some people while never using others. Definitely do not get hurt at work. No one will be available to answer questions, and you will do well if you get the pay you are owed, and the medical attention you need. If you think you will use the flight benefits, think again....you won't have the money for a hotel if you did want to travel, so unless you are in your 20s, with no kids, no bills, and want to stay in a hostile, or have another source of income, don't even consider it, not even short term!!!!! You will be at their mercy all month, every month until you have a line. Of course you hear all sort of false information about how long that takes. It could be up to a year, depending on your base. You will have to live in a dorm like setting, unless you want to pay more for a private room.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over!

3. "Stores Clerk"

Former Employee - Store Clerk in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Store Clerk in Charlotte, NC

I worked at PSA Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits, Insurance, laid back atmosphere, friendly coworkers.

Cons

The pay should be higher.

5. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at PSA Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, including flight benefits. Tight knit departments, management wants the employee to succeed so the company will succeed. Everyone is friendly, has a small company feel, with large company benefits.

Cons

Pay is below regional average and airline salaries. Poor communication.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that communication gets funneled down to the people that need it in a timely manner. Look at compensation, and have standardized policies and stick to them!

6. "Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Fight Attendant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Fight Attendant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PSA Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get hired when the mainline will not hire you.

Cons

Expect only to net take home between $900 - $1100 PER MONTH. Then subtract your expenses of living in a crash pad {$250}, rental cars, ubers, airport parking, food, etc. If you can live on that then you might be able to wait it out till you get a line/schedule. Reserves may or may not fly so have a saving account to help supplement your pay for the first year.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more or at least give them more hours or ways to make more money. Also, hire better, more educated crew scheduling people. Crew Scheduling people are the worst, most unprofessional people I've ever worked with.

"Starter Airline"

Pros

Good airline to start at if you are interested in a career as a Flight Attendant. 1-2 years the most you should invest your time and money before moving on to bigger and better opportunities in the aviation industry.

Cons

Flight Attendants are not respected and/or treated well. You have to read, understand, and know your contract front to back. Company will or try to take advantage of you.

Advice to Management

Invest in Flight Attendants the same as Pilots. It will go a long way. Remember the key word is SAFETY!!!!

8. "Flight Attendant"

I have been working at PSA Airlines full-time

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

There are long hours, but that's the travel life...

"Overall review"

I have been working at PSA Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

•Willing to give anyone/anything an opportunity

Cons

Unprofessional, disorganized, secretive and overall does not care about employees as a whole (unless you're in the "political circle of elites")

Advice to Management

II stem to your employees. Be more transparent. Uphold CBA and have set policies and procedures in place(more importantly FOLLOW THEM)

10. "Take better care of your people and stop flaunting what you give others"

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at PSA Airlines (More than 5 years)

Pros

flight benefits, healthcare, 401k, The co-workers in CLT

Cons

he mechanics at PSA airlines have been underpaid by the industry standard for years. The group of people that work at the CLT base are great and will bend over backwards to help you but the higher ups in Dayton think that you should feel privileged to work for them for pennies on the dollar. Most of them even think cost of living is the same here as dayton

Advice to Management

Take care of your people Dion, you're in charlotte about once a month but can't be bothered to come see the other half of you company

11. "Very poor training environment."

Former Employee - First Officer in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - First Officer in Dayton, OH

I worked at PSA Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have none for them.

Cons

I found that they just want to check the box on training you. Yes they tell you as long as you try they'll be there for you; that is a crock! I asked for help and wouldn't budge an inch. They give you the old " if you resign we won't fire you routine" if you are having problems with training. Quite a few training failures with the "older folks" a lot of you're going to struggle because of your age comments. I would strongly suggest that if you are older don't come here. They cant discriminate in hiring,but, once they got you here they'll screw you over. Ask me how I know. Just telling like it was.

Advice to Management

Don't just check the box, give people a half decent chance in training. I'd stop spying on my employees at the Clarion too. (I know a few people you have used to spy) You've got some snakes in management; if you got any sense you'll get rid of them!