PSC Biotech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
John Clapham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The job requires working with a variety of clients in different locations (in 8 reviews)

• Salary and benefits are above average and the company shows respect for employees who show initiative and are invested in the job (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As a consulting company we often have to travel to where are customers are, so there is a fair amount of travel involved (in 7 reviews)

• You need to be OK with travel and working with new customers (in 4 reviews)

1. "PSC is a Great Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PSC Biotech is an exciting company in an stimulating and exciting industry. My experience has been nothing but positive. The company is supportive of its employees and encourages personal growth and achievement. At the same time, it's a fast moving and challenging workplace and everyone is expected to be at the top of their game.
    As part of a team, I work with a group of professionals who were willing to help me out when I first started and taught me how to maximize my potential within the company. Working with each other is a company priority and I've embraced the chance to help new people out in their first few months on the job and help them become comfortable in their role.
    From the CEO to the office manager everyone is friendly and there is a feeling that we are all part of the same team and working towards the same goal of providing excellent service to our customers.

Cons

I'm pretty happy here. Some have commented on the travel demands, but it's not been an issue for me.

Advice to Management

None. From my perspective the company is doing great and I hope to be here for at least a couple more years.

2. "Good company for women"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with PSC Biotech for the four years working as a project engineer. It's a good job with excellent pay and benefits and a great workplace environment.

PSC is a leader in the biotech consulting field, working with a variety of clients in the US and around the world. In my role as a project engineer, I get to work with a number of other PSC staff on larger jobs or sometimes am in the field by myself. One of the things that has impressed me is how comfortable I am working at PSC as a woman. There has never been even a hint of sexual stereotyping and the company operates with gender blinders on.

For me, biotech is an exciting and challenging field to be working in and I'm always challenged to do my best. Management is open to new ways of doing things and employees are encouraged to speak up when ever they figure out a better way of doing things.

PSC is a good company for anyone to work for, but it is a particularly good place for someone just out of college to consider as their first real job. You'll learn a lot and have an awesome time doing it.

Cons

The usual comment about a lot of travel and time on the road. I'm used to it and it's not a big deal, but it could be hard if you have a family.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to those of us in the field when we come up with a new way of doing things.

3. "Validation Engineer"

I worked at PSC Biotech full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and a variety of opportunities to explore. Opportunities to consult for several big bio pharma. Good place to gain experience as a recent grad

Cons

Low ball starting offers towards fresh grads. Improvements have been made but not to the industry standard in my opinion. Pay increases only seen when threatening to leave the company. Relatively high turnover rate because of this

Advice to Management

A bit more employee appreciation would be great.

4. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel pretty lucky to have found a home at PSC Biotech. I love science in general and the whole biotech field in particular and PSC gives me a chance to do what I enjoy. It can't get much better than that!
    As a single woman, I enjoy the travel and meeting of new people that the job provides. The people around our field office are great and when I do spend time in Madison or Pomona, I feel a part of the larger team right away.
    As a project engineer, I'm required to be constantly upgrading my skills and knowledge base to give the best service possible to our customers. PSC is supportive of continuing education and supports my efforts to stay ahead of the field in our competitive industry.
    As a service/consultant organization, PSC works with a wide variety of customers in the US and around the world. I've had some assignments that have been awesome and some others that have been less than exciting, but on the whole, it's been a great experience.
    The work is fast paced and while everyone is supportive of each other people who are not willing to work hard and keep up will become unpopular. To me, that's a challenge, but I suppose for some it would make them uncomfortable.

Cons

As mentioned there is travel involved, at least for my kind of position, so someone who wants to stay at home should look for a different position (there are non-travel positions at PSC).
    Also, PSC is a young company in the sense that is fast-paced and has many attributes of a start-up. For me that's great, but some may find it hard to adapt to the 'new' way of doing things.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Of course, I'd like to earn twice what I'm earning now, but who wouldn't!

5. "Working in the role of a full-time consultant is a great experience."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work as a full-time consultant at PSC Biotech. What that means is that I accept assignments around the US and around the world. The assignments generally range from several weeks to several months.

In the past three years, I've worked for PSC in China, Singapore, Ireland, Germany and the Philippines as well as numerous US locations.

While on assignment either PSC or the hiring company takes care of housing and per diem. The work is interesting and I've gotten to meet a wide variety of people and companies.

Sometimes I will go out as part of a PSC team covering several different fields, while other times I've been on my own. Generally, the companies and the people have been interesting and challenging. In other words, I'm having fun.

Thanks to PSC I've gotten the education and experience that will prove invaluable to my future where ever it is.

Cons

You need to like to travel if you take on the type of job I have. You also need to be very comfortable in working in different locations and with a variety of people.

Advice to Management

I've got more work than I can handle, so the company is doing just fine.

6. "Good Place for an Engineer to work"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Madison, WI

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's see. Good people, good job, good pay and lots of interesting things to do.

This is only my second company to work for, but it's head above my first experience. At PSC I've felt valued since day one. When there's something I don't know, people are ready to be of help. At the same time, I'm given the freedom to do my job.
    The people I work with are great. The office (when I'm in it!) is a fun place with all the usual get-togethers and support when it's needed. People are friendly and supportive.
    The job itself is always interesting and sometimes exciting. There is a lot of new stuff that needs to be learned on a regular basis and keeping up can be a challenge. Days can be long - don't count on a 8 hour day at PSC, but the company recognizes that sometimes it takes longer to get the job done right and compensates for it either with bonuses or extra time off.
    If you decide to come to PSC, you'll probably be as happy as I am.

Cons

The job does have travel involved, so know that going in. Also, there is a variety of clients we work with and naturally some are easier to get along with than others.

Advice to Management

No complaints here. Keep going, you guys are awesome!

7. "Validation Engineer"

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time

Pros

Company focuses on helping you find a good fit for what your interest are.
    Great place to people who want a broad experience in validation.

Cons

Somewhat low starting pay for engineers
    Consulting requires a lot of driving

Advice to Management

Everything is pretty good for me.

8. "I would recommend PSC"

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PSC is a good place to work. The company is growing and there are new challenges every day. I like the people I work with and it is a supportive and fun group. We work hard, but we also have time to bond and have fun.
    The job requires working with a variety of clients in different locations. There is alway something new happening with my clients and while it's a challenge to keep up with all new stuff going on, it also produces constant growth.
    If you like to travel, which I do, then you'll enjoy this job. It's never boring and there is always something new going on.
    I'm not sure how long I'll stay with PSC, but for now it's a great place to work and grow.

Cons

The company has locations across the U.S., so there is not a great chance to meet people in the other offices.

Advice to Management

None that comes to mind. Just keep the new customers coming.

9. "Company provides a good growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PSC is a pretty good place to work. The people are fun to be around, the work is interesting and the pay is pretty good. What's not to like!

The company focuses on work in the biotech and pharmacology industry by providing a wide range of consulting service's both onsite and off. My job sees me spending about 60% of my time on the client's site and the balance in the office. I work on helping companies streamline their production lines to improve quality control and ensure compliance with FDA requirements for manufacturing.

Some companies are better to work with than others, but overall it works out pretty well. I get to know the people in the company which is pretty informative and am constantly learning new skills. PSC is supportive of continuing education to keep me at the top of my field. Both my co-workers, supervisors, and management are easy to work with. The company encourages input on a variety of issues and is responsive to employee concerns while staying focused on the overall mission of the company.

For someone starting out in the biotech consulting business, PSC Biotech would be a good place to start. You'll learn new skills and work with quality people.

Cons

You can get stuck with a client that is less interesting or responsive than some others, but most assignments are not too long. The job does require travel away from home, so be aware of that beforehand.

Advice to Management

As far as I'm concerned things are going pretty well.

"Leader in Biotech"

Current Employee - Verification Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Verification Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PSC is an established company in the biotech industry. The company specializes in matching skilled consultants with biotech companies needing both short and long term consulting and advisory services. I've been with the company for the past five years and consider the company and the job a great learning opportunity. Our office in Chicago has some great people and it's a fun place to work.

I work with a number of different clients and probably spend an average of 3 days a week off-site. Some of the contracts are one-off deals where we go in as a team or individual and resolve a specific problem for the client, while others are long term contracts where I go and conduct regular site visits to ensure compliance with various policies and procedures. The variety of tasks and clients keeps the job interesting and challenging.
    PSC is a pretty good company to work for. Salary and benefits are above average and the company shows respect for employees who show initiative and are invested in the job. My co-workers and management are a great group of people who are available when needed. The amount of 'busy' work is kept to a minimum and the focus is on getting the job done right the first time around.

Cons

Some people find they don't like the responsibility that goes with the freedom to get the job done. Also, there is some travel involved, but most nights I'm home.

Advice to Management

As far as I'm concerned the top management is doing a good job. They keep the contracts coming in and keep us busy.