PSCU Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Phoenix, AZ

3.8
Charles E. "Chuck" Fagan, III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and time off packages (in 25 reviews)

• The company is very employee focused and has great benefits (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • A few weird call center nobody's staying in their same position 7-10 years with little to none career advancement (in 12 reviews)

• There are no cons working at PSCU (in 8 reviews)

1. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager, Training Professionals in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager, Training Professionals in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at PSCU for almost 15 years and I couldn't imagine going elsewhere. I started as a call center employee and PSCU helped me discover my career path in training (I'm now a manager of a training team). I've been able to use the generous tuition reimbursement to continue my education, while growing my career simultaneously. Great leaders along the way have taught me so much, and continue to do so. PSCU is more than a job to me, and I highly recommend the culture, people and mission of this fantastic organization!

Cons

Some silos within departments, however, we continue to find ways to collaborate and break down those barriers.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employees and development and strengthen our employees connection to our mission and our member credit unions.

2. "Service Account Manager III - Credit"

Current Employee - Service Account Manager III - Credit in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Service Account Manager III - Credit in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is dedicated to its employees, members and mission.

Cons

Advancement in the company can be slow

Advice to Management

Keep listing to your employees

3. "Data Center Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Center Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Data Center Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, very friendly hard not to get together once in a while, even with previous employees.

Cons

Hard to get moving from position to another position(no promotions). No training at all, unless you do it your self at your own cost.

Advice to Management

They do the best that they can, but keep it up...

4. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

My Co-workers were nice, On site gym, Training was pretty upbeat and prepared you mostly for what was to come.

Cons

Days off were not together, the job itself was scripts for different financial companies. Horrible to work with. I could not get out of there fast enough. Too far to commute.

"Horrible place to work!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that are worth staying there for and putting up with the crap this company dishes out.

Cons

They treat you like a child and a criminal
    Management severely lacks any type of skills in developing it's employees
    Management plays favorites - they enforce policy for some but not for others
    No chance for advancement unless you are one of their favorites
    They don't care about you as an employee - they want you to just sit, take calls, and keep your mouth shut.
    Management is two-faced
    Quality is a joke - quality reps all score the calls differently--it just depends on what mood they are in or if they like you....there is no black and white when it comes to scoring a call- during a calibration all the quality reps score the calls from one extreme to another.... one person scored a call a 100% and another rep said the call was horrible.......how can they hold reps to that type of standard.

Advice to Management

Hire professional supervisors - none of them know how to lead a team

"Just another number"

Former Employee - Fraud Detection Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Fraud Detection Lead in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great pay for what the job is. Some great benefits from the start.

Cons

Stats stats stats. Also, you're just a butt in the seat. Ridiculous metrics.

Advice to Management

You lose good people because of bad management. Treat your people as if they are adults, and not infants who you can't trust. You can't allow some employees privileges and others not the same privileges on the same floor and expect them to be happy about it. Also, what's the point of being a "lead" if you give all the aspects of helping the new hires to other reps? Ooh, right, it's so they can stay on the phones taking the escalations you don't want to handle nor give any assistance on. And not allowing leads time off because you can't keep any employees due to the crazy metrics expectations? Way to punish the reliable people who do their job.

Listen to your people who are on the floor dealing with everyday issues. Don't wait for a member to escalate it all the way up to Chuck Fagan for it to be an issue for the floor when your leads have been sending consistent coachings for the same issue. Your wasting good resources.

"Same as any other call center!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSCU full-time

Pros

Room for advancement
    Free food.
    24/7 call center so they offer several different shifts and days off to fit just about any ones schedule.
    Opportunity for all the overtime you would like.

Cons

Lot's of peer gossip and brown nosing going on throughout most departments.
    They say they are focused on customer service which when they first opened up in Phoneix they actually were all about customer service but that quickly changed. Now it's all about your average time handling per call and your raises are based on that. If a customer calls in and you can for see a problem in the future instead of helping them while you have them on the phone you just assist the customer with the current issue and send them on their way. They will have to call back. It's all about numbers and figures to gain profit here. regardless of what they say.

Advice to Management

Go back to the way Dave Serlo ran it and keep it that way! He started the company out right which made it successful so why did you change it after he was gone?

"Fraud Detection Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Minimal supervision once trained. Vacation and health benefits available after 60 days. Great peers to work with.

Cons

Back to back calls. Poor training. Poor communication with management. Poor and unprofessional management. A few weird call center nobody's staying in their same position 7-10 years with little to none career advancement. No weekends off only one day. Late schedules.

Advice to Management

Communication. Professionalism. Need to appreciate employees not just by company standard. Set realistic goals such as call per hour. Strive to retain staff verses over working your staff during low staff capacity.

"Employee Engagement"

Current Employee - Vice President Contact Center in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President Contact Center in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

PSCU really values the feedback from its employees. They show a genuine desire to improve the culture, engagement, and overall employee satisfaction. They keep employees informed with new initiatives. Leadership support is outstanding, even outside of your own department. PSCU fosters an environment that encourages employees to perform at the high level and take risk.

Cons

There are really no "cons" at PSCU, over the years that I have been here I have to say this company truly cares about its employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Service rep"

Current Employee - Member Service in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Service in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free gym and free fruit

Cons

PSCU'S Phoenix location discriminates against black americans. PSCU is currently being sued because of their discrimination. They are not bothered by the lawsuit, because they continue to discriminate.

Advice to Management

Management is unapproachable. They do not speak when spoken too. Not sure why or how they were placed in their positions. My guess FRIEND OR A FAMILY MEMBER!