PSCU Reviews in Southgate, MI | Glassdoor

Southgate, MI

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charles E. "Chuck" Fagan, III

Pros
  • Good benefits and time off packages (in 25 reviews)

• The company is very employee focused and has great benefits (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • A few weird call center nobody's staying in their same position 7-10 years with little to none career advancement (in 12 reviews)

• There are no cons working at PSCU (in 8 reviews)

"Poorly managed"

Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Southgate, MI
    Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Southgate, MI

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and the reps are mostly great people.

Cons

Micromanaged and a lot of favoritism.

"Nice people. Can help resume, that's it."

Former Employee - Contact Center Representative II in Southgate, MI
    Former Employee - Contact Center Representative II in Southgate, MI

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This review is only for the Allen Park,MI location. (Previously Southgate,MI)
    Good environment. Co-workers are friendly. Tuition Assistance and degree completion bonus is nice. Job allows you to develop customer relation and communication skills. Good part time job or for students while they are in college. Pay is fair compared to similar jobs in the area. Job is easy to learn specially if you have customer service experience. Use your time there as a stepping stone to advance your career and get free tuition.

Cons

Getting a nice schedule is rare, you will have to work at least 1 weekend day. I was lucky to have a Mon-Fri schedule but it is almost impossible now for new employees. Working holidays is mandatory. Non-stop calls for 8 hours or more can get annoying. You will end up imagining the "incoming call beep" when you're falling asleep. Career opportunities are non-existent since 99% of the time when they post a position HR\Management has already picked who is going to get it. From personal experience, while I was there I applied to 2 positions, I had relevant experience, college degree, and they gave them to someone with NO experience, NO education, and the individuals couldn't even spell properly. If you get hired in, just use it for experience to pad your resume then leave ASAP. Allen Park is one of their satellite offices that they won't invest much in, since their real money makers are in Florida and Phoenix. Do not think this is a job that you can turn into a career with effort, it is a dead end. Even Supervisors are underpaid, and they still have to work weekends .

Advice to Management

Allow job rotation for agents.
    Management should spend a day on the phones when it is super busy. For example on Black Friday or a Holiday so can empathize with Agents.
    Show ethic when giving promotions.. Do not base promotions on friendships, etc. Perform true, honest evaluation of employees that apply.
    Rotate weekends.

"DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! IT IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Southgate, MI
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Southgate, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Fruit!!! There are no Pros to a job that will not pay you according to the cost of living.

Cons

The pay is horrible, 11.06 per hour!!! and mandatory overtime, and they will not work with you on scheduling. And the Medical Benefits cost is unaffordable, once you pay for all the benefits, your check is only about $600 every 2wks. I would not recommend this company to friend or foe!!! It's a depressed environment, most people are miserable here. THE JOB SUCKS!!!! And Management, stop posting fake reviews about how great this job is because it's not. PAY YOUR PEOPLE!!!! BUNCH OF SUCK UPS ON HERE!!!

Advice to Management

Words to management, if you want to retain good talent, pay people a living wage!!! Minimum wage has gone up to $10 per hour. You need to at least pay $12.84-14 per hour. a lot of your employees are getting bridge cards because they can't afford anything else after they try to pay their bills out of that sorry check. Can't wait to find a new job!!!, it's 2014 don't you get it!!! And they don't tell you the truth when they're hiring you, they tell you your schedule is going to 9-6 and you have something totally different. You have to work every saturday and sunday until the next shift bid, which is based on your performance not your seniority. Can't stand this place, I'm online everyday looking for another job.

"Great place to start out"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Southgate, MI
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Southgate, MI

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teach you about a call center and how to handle calls

Cons

For someone with some call center exp. not a good place to work pay is low,

"A rollercoaster ride-but a great one!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best and most important to me is the people.

Cons

Not having your own desk. For sanitary reasons.

Advice to Management

All around better communication & participation. Sometimes it can feel segregated working evenings. Like we are not able to take part in the activities during the day, or we get the "left overs".

7. "Excellence, Innovation, Passion, Trust, Leadership"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Southgate, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time

Pros

Being an employee at PSCU is more than that. It is a family. Love working with a great team. I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis. We do have days that can be crazy but working with a great team makes things a little easier.
    There are advancement opportunities within PSCU

Cons

Working on Holidays. This is a con but to be a 24/7 company it is a must.
    The company is pretty good with roatation of the holidays.

Advice to Management

Pay for Skill for agents- This would help with retention and moral in the company

8. "PSCU is a Bold, very innovative and exciting company with lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Southgate, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Working at PSCU is fun!
    - PSCU is leading the way for Credit Unions to succeed, through Innovative ways to grow and it's great to be a part of it.
    - Bonuses based upon Performance
    - Promotions from within.
    - I started as a Temp. and now I am a salaried employee.

Cons

-Some of PSCU's facilities are nicer than others.

9. "My years at PSCU have been about growth."

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Southgate, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the people I work with make this the best company. The company is employee orientated.

Cons

there are no cons woking for PSCU.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Revolving door-Trap"

Former Employee - Call Center Member Services in Southgate, MI
    Former Employee - Call Center Member Services in Southgate, MI

I worked at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starts out with extensive training, which was nice.

Cons

Once your on the call center floor, and after about 6 weeks, they boost your calling queue and start looking for mistakes and fire you, just to hire more puppets.

Advice to Management

Offer more insentive with better pay and don't burn out the employees within 3 months, its micro managed, which they look to fire you, and bring more workers in, don't understand that. Horrible place to work, its not a life long place to work.....BURN OUT QUICKLY.

"It's not terrible"

Current Employee - Representative II, Contact Center in Southgate, MI
    Current Employee - Representative II, Contact Center in Southgate, MI

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for entry-level or desperate individuals. Benefits are excellent and very affordable. At entry-level, schedule is very flexible. Overtime is almost constantly available. Shift premium is paid for working between 7pm and 7am, and on the weekends. English/Spanish bi-lingual agents make an additional $1/hr for all hours worked.

Cons

Once you're placed on a "dedicated team" it is nearly impossible to schedule time off or have your schedule changed to accommodate life changes. Management prefers to hire from outside than promote from within. New hires make same base rate as long-time employees.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee retention than hiring new employees.