PTC Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cary Hart

1. "Stable for the most part"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, IN

I have been working at PTC Alliance (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Good hourly working staff

Cons

Constant chaos. Long hours for production workers including weekends. Machines are old and not maintained well.

"This Company Should be a Doctorial Thesis"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Beaver Falls, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Beaver Falls, PA

Pros

New management personnel continuously. The Alliance facility has had 10 safety guys in as many years. Great to have new orientation with management personnel. Good to see minimal effort in hiring diversification, keeps the good o boys alive and kicking. I really enjoy the work environment, never saw the "F" word used so efficiently within management circles. Reminds me of a working environment of the 1940's... sort of like Mad Men, except with steel tubing,

Cons

None. Just keep doing what you are doing. You keep OSHA and insurance companies gainfully employed.

Advice to Management

Continue the beating until morale improves, you're on the right track!

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alliance, OH

I worked at PTC Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people who have been there a long time are empathetic, nice and actually sorry for new hires because they know it is highly unlikely the newbies will stay for long.

Cons

the company has cycled in and out of bankruptcy due to poor management. It truly is a poorly run company that has no vision or strategy and operates in the reactive mode rather than proactive.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Cary Hart. He will never find a job elsewhere at this level because his poor treatment of people, his ego and his lack of Emotional Intelligence. Find a leader who knows how to work with a team, build a future with a vision and a strategy.

5. "CNC Operator"

Current Employee - CNC Operator in East Palestine, OH
    Current Employee - CNC Operator in East Palestine, OH

I have been working at PTC Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of nice people to work with. Health Care is Cheap, but like everywhere else, changing year to year and getting more costly

Cons

Wanting you to do 2 peoples work for the same money

PTC Alliance Response

May 6, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. PTC prides itself on our benefit packages we offer to our employees and their families. We do expect the best from all our dedicated Associates so many are asked to ... More

"Process Engineer"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Beaver Falls, PA
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Beaver Falls, PA

Pros

Continuous Improvement team was very helpful and willing to train employees. Operators were easy to work with and willing to try new process improvement suggestions. Benefits were great for a company this size.

Cons

Plant leadership's only focus was to show corporate management how much better they were than other plants. Identified problems were not fixed at the root cause, just hidden with 'band-aid' fixes to appear as 'improvements'. Pay was below average, and expectations were much higher than the pay grade.

Advice to Management

You are not a World Class company, the mid-level management is playing games to let you think their plant is on top of all aspects of production performance, efficiency, quality, and shipping.

PTC Alliance Response

May 6, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! PTC prides itself on our benefit packages even in the face of rising costs. As we move forward together, we are involving all levels of the company for the goal of ... More

7. "our president and CEO are theives and need to be investigated for fraud"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alliance, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alliance, OH

I have been working at PTC Alliance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

they give workers jellybeans instead of profit sharing checks. Look up Cart Hart (president) Linkin page if you want to know what kind of place this is to work for.

Cons

the way they hide from their workers (both salary and hourly) has got to be criminal. the company has filed bankruptcy three times in ten years and yet the president and CEO are still getting bonuses! The president brags on his Linkin account about using chapter 11 and taking pensions from the people who make the product. CEO is asleep at the wheel of his yaut and nt watching over his awful president.

Advice to Management

practice lean management tactics instead of manufacturing! There are as many office workers as there are people making the product! They will not fix any equipment, instead they pressure hourly workers to ignore safety and quality problems. Fire Cart Hart and hire a president that wants to increase profits with integrity instead of a 100 pound used car saleman. When a customer actually pulls back the curtain on this broken mess of a company, we are doomed! Treat your workers with respect and quit stealing money off of them by hiding profits at different plants and pay the incentive program! Treat your workers right and sit back and count your money, its not complex when you do it right!

8. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alliance, OH

Pros

Very broad capabilities. Technically competent.

Cons

The most toxic management I've ever worked for. All employees and most customers are treated miserably.

Advice to Management

CEO and President need to go. Three bankruptcies on their watch.

9. "Maintenance"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Chicago, IL

Pros

You can work a lot of overtime.

Cons

No growth in position. A lot of overtime. Poor supervision. Low pay. Old machinery.

Advice to Management

Update machinery and pay employees more money.

10. "Good benefits ok pay"

Current Employee - Crane Operator in Beaver Falls, PA
    Current Employee - Crane Operator in Beaver Falls, PA

I have been working at PTC Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent and cheap

Cons

Little time off. Lots of days worked in a row with out a day off and short shifting

Advice to Management

More time off no short shifting

"Don't bother with this hole."

Former Employee - Floor in Alliance, OH
    Former Employee - Floor in Alliance, OH

I worked at PTC Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Potential for high earnings although you will trade your entire life for it. They've made extreme safety improvements although I'd still rate it as one of the most dangerous places to work I've ever seen spanning decades.

Cons

It takes years to build up enough seniority to make good money for the work you are required to do. The work is tediously physical, you're working in extreme hot and cold, the management on the floor is incredibly inexperienced and self important. We aren't talking normal supervisor behavior we are talking about people who hunt for people to fire or irritate into a frenzy because they enjoy the rush. Stories float around the shop about their conquests like trophies. Virtually everyone in the building is dissatisfied with everyone else and aren't afraid to tell you all about it. Everyone in the building is on edge all day every day and on 7 days a week schedule it's not surprising how low the morale has become.

Advice to Management

Stop stressing everyone to the point of breaking and worry about putting out good tube instead. Hire outside supervisors who have experience with what they're doing instead of using the buddy and family system. Learn how to recognize talent instead of expecting people to fall into a lockstep of muscle memory passed on from others who have no education or desire to improve the system.