PVA Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Business Development Director"

Former Employee - Director in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Orlando, FL

I worked at PVA Consulting Group (More than a year)

Pros

The staff here is wonderful. Nice Place to work.

Cons

None - They treated me very well

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Learning experience"

Former Employee - Management Consultant
    Former Employee - Management Consultant

I worked at PVA Consulting Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to learn the traditional Management Consulting business

Cons

Old school methodology and mindset keep this small company on a solid flatline trajectory. Lack of openness to input by employees with the company less than ten years means they tend to listen to associates that have learned not to challenge or argue.

Advice to Management

Follow the advice you give your clients.

Stop rewarding archaic management styles.

Embrace a Brave new World.

Mar 20, 2017 – Communications Specialist

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that your perspective on our methodology is that of a "flatline". PVA Consulting Group has heavily invested over many years to sustain and foster a... More

3. "Consultant"

I have been working at PVA Consulting Group full-time

Pros

PVA recruits top talent to get the job done and it makes work that much easier to perform with good colleagues. PVA has employed a travel day policy which is good to combat the extensive travel requirements for the job.

Cons

No stand out Cons. Job is demanding and demands lot of all round skill to succeed but the rewards are there to be earned. So it balances out.

Advice to Management

Conduct more team building events.

"High impact work and excellent development opportunities"

I have been working at PVA Consulting Group full-time

Pros

You quickly build skills in problem solving, within a high energy environment. The focus on development and employee coaching, both internal and external, of this caliber, is rare in this industry. Great coworkers and knowledgeable subject matter experts, high variety in work and a huge opportunity to make an impact at PVA. There are flexible career options, great exposure to different projects and clients.

Cons

Work-life balances take adjustment, travel can be difficult but it remains part of the job.

"Okay place to start"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boisbriand, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boisbriand, QC (Canada)

I worked at PVA Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PVA is a good company to start this particular type of consulting. You will be exposed to all sorts of industries and meet all sorts of people along the way. The methodologies you learn will prove helpful throughout your career.
    If you have ever wanted fly first class, you may get a chance if you stick around with the company long enough. The points and status earned with all the travel involved are an added bonus.
    If you are able to manage the frequent travel and fulfill your obligations in driving the required results, the company will likely give you a promotion within a very reasonable time period.
    The company also offers a travel day that is not as common in the industry.

Cons

The travel involved is not for everyone, especially when you are required to work stupid hours. During an analysis of a project, you can work up to 70 hours plus travel. If you are new with the company, you are more likely to do night shifts, if required by the project.
    Because of the demands of the job, there is a decent turnover of new consultants (and apparently some more seasoned ones as of late). I found some of the "veteran" consultants resourceful and easy to get along with, with some of the others it was the complete opposite. I guess the latter happens in all work places, but it really rubs you the wrong way even more when you are on the road 100%. There is nothing worse than getting blasted for some trivial reason when you are hundreds of km's away from home and you are just trying to do your best with the least amount of sleep.
    The salary offered is under industry standard, but I believe other benefits are offered to mask this.
    If you are looking for a warm and friendly place to work, this may not be your place. The company is result driven and client focused, consultants (especially new ones) come later. It has had some success with this approach over the years, so it is unlikely it will change. Just know that going in, it will help.

Advice to Management

My biggest advice would be to look for better ways to incorporate technology into the system (pencils should only be used to take notes, not presentations, in my humble opinion), find a way to retain some youth and revisit continuous improvement strategies.
    Your re-branding looks very good, by the way. My two cents anyhow. Good luck!

Jun 14, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review. Indeed, our travel day is not common within the industry, and we believe it is among the many reasons as to why we have one of the highest tenure of employees and retention... More

"Director"

Pros

I have spent the majority of my career with PVA, starting as an entry level consultant over 20 years ago to my current role as Director of Operations.
    Working for this firm has had many rewards including job fulfillment and financial stability.
    I get up each day looking forward to helping our clients by delivering on our promises and solving complex problems and issues.
    PVA is extremely loyal to their employees and ensures efforts and results are recognized and rewarded.
    I am most proud of watching the professional growth of my fellow colleagues as they become world class advisers to the clients we are proud to serve.

Cons

Travel requirements may be difficult for some.(lifestyle)

Advice to Management

Look forward to the continued growth in the future

Mar 20, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased to see that you highlighted the opportunity to grow and learn while here at PVA Consulting Group. We are always looking at ways to invest in our staff, to... More

"PVA invests in its people"

I have been working at PVA Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great opportunities to move quickly within the organization. Internal communication has steadily improved since the last 5 years. The company cares about its people and offers a great work life balance

Cons

Some changes can be slow to implement

Advice to Management

Keep the positive changes that have been happening in the recent past

Mar 20, 2017 – Communications Specialist

We thank you for your valuable input and your note on change implementation. Changes in an organization are always dependent on its successful integration into the corporate culture, and thus may... More

"Great Opportunities to Learn Valuable Skills!!!"

I have been working at PVA Consulting Group full-time

Pros

This company is a great way to start in the management consulting world. Lots of support from colleagues and management, trust in each other and great team spirit. So many experienced and knowledgeable people guide you and help you grow which makes the experience rich in itself.

Cons

There is not really any cons, but you need to be able to work in a team as much as be able to work by yourself. You are not going to have a full team with you on all projects which is something you need to be comfortable with.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing PVA to the next level

Mar 20, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for your positive review!

"Set for success"

Pros

Adaptable is the word that best describes this company! A new vision was recently implemented and it's engaging everyone in the right direction. Communication is not only THE trend, but the reality. Whatever your postion or level, you have access to important and detailed information that will drive you to success! This is an employer of choice for the organization culture and overall benefits.

Cons

Besides the extensive traveling that is part of the job, there is nothing major enough to state as cons.

Advice to Management

Your wisdom has led you to your current success and growth. Continue to utilize your amazing internal resources, as each piece makes the overall masterpiece an amazing one!

Jan 30, 2017 – Communications Specialist

We appreciate your time in posting your work experience at PVA Consulting Group. We welcome all feedback and are committed to earning your positive comments and hearing your suggestions. We will... More

"Over two decades of working with PVA"

Pros

Good working environment, people easy to get along with and very helpful, great team mates and social atmosphere.
    Very good corporate culture, that really does have a "can do" attitude. The employees are committed to support the mission and goal of the company and business.
    Employers are flexible and caring about their employees, the work/life balance is very well managed.
    A great place to cut your teeth on challenging projects, great learning experiences.

Cons

Reward and recognition for successes is not always well managed, which makes motivation challenging. However, the management is getting better at this.
    Opportunities to progress in a support role are few, which can be frustrating.
    You can progress, but it takes consistency in achievements, and potentially many years, regardless of your experience.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to innovate, explore new initiatives to expand our services by bringing in new blood. But do not forget that the veterans can still bring a lot to the table.

Jan 30, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, especially on the point of recognition at PVA Consulting Group. We will implement your feedback well beyond the... More