PVH Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

PVH Corp. Chairman and CEO Manny Chirico
Manny Chirico

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Worst company I have ever worked fir"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

vacation time but no sick time.

Cons

This is by far the most racist and sexist company I have ever worked for in my entire life.

Advice to Management

Be ethical

Aug 17, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Please email us at socialmedia@pvh.com and we can have your comments and concerns fully addressed by the appropriate team.

"After 5 Years"

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Associates are offered amazing discounts that are also made available to your family.

Some of your coworkers may become your best friends.

Cons

Discounts don't pay your bills. Raises are only offered once a year per store. However, you must work at the store for a certain amount of time before a raise is available. Therefore, depending on your hire date, you may have to wait a year and a half for a 6¢ raise. This also applies if you change positions partway through the year. I've worked for the company for 5 years and was denied a raise since I had only been in my new position for a couple months. Raises are based on percentages of your current pay, NOT on how well you do your job.

Promotions are given to favorites. Again, how well you do your job has very little impact on being able to climb the ladder.

Don't even attempt to be a full-time student and a full-time employee. Your schooling will always he viewed as a burden by management, and it will cause you to get passed over for promotions.

As lower management and as a sales associate, all you will ever do is close. Higher management does nothing but open the store, including on holidays, because they have the power to basically work whenever they desire.

Don't get sick. You WILL be told you must work. If you have a doctor's note, you'll still be punished by being forced to do demeaning tasks, like scrubbing your store's restroom.

Hours are constantly be slashed. Associates are called sometimes as little as fifteen minutes before their shift to be told not to come in. Cutting these hours hurts both associates personal finances as well as the ability for working associates to perform good customer service. Associates are constantly pushed to offer the best customer service, but are asked to do so while working the floor with only one other person and a laundry list of tasks to perform.

Rewards are held at a higher standard than customer service. Associates are constantly written up or humiliated for not receiving a high enough sign-up percentage, regardless of if they are consistently offering the program to customers.

Large quantities of product is being crammed into stockrooms and on floors. There is no room for handicapped customers to shop. Associates have nowhere to place all the product being brought in. Product gets lost in stockrooms and off-sites until they are marked to clearance.

Associates come into PVH stores excited and wide eyed. EVERY one I have seen leave has left defeated, bitter, and miserable. And after 5 years, I have seen many, many associates walk away.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, regardless of their status within the company. Give stores a few more hours, especially on weekends. You would be amazed at how profits could soar if you allowed stores to be properly staffed.

Jun 29, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

"No thanks"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of room for advancement. They offer great discounts. There are decent benefits available, although a little expensive.

Cons

Not enough staffing hours to properly run the store. It's almost impossible to offer excellent customer service. The stock room is so overloaded with merchandise, you cannot move around at all.

Advice to Management

You must allow more staff to run the store properly. The level of work put on store employees doesn't even come close to the rate of pay.

May 25, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in our Bethlehem, PA. We will pass your comments on store management and organization onto the appropriate team.

"Feel bad working there."

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time

Pros

Easy work feels good when helping customers.

Cons

The store I am working for steals from the company. They give discounts that are all within company policy. 10% when customer has not earned it and 10% off to get customers to sign up for rewards. Both are although harder to pro stealing from the company and any money they get from having a good reward number is illegal and makes me sick just not sure what to do.

Advice to Management

Obay the law... look up agency law as employee you are an agent of the company. Common law.

"Poor Ethics"

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good discounts, great people, professional

Cons

Poor ethical practices, extremely environmentally unfriendly, borderline exploitative practices, minimum wage pay

Advice to Management

Recycle some of the hundreds of plastic bags that are thrown out every day, provide real discounts, be more honest.

6. "Wrong place to work"

Former Contractor - Bagged and Tagged Clothes in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Bagged and Tagged Clothes in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PVH Corp. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're in college living with your parents with no responsibilities

Cons

I worked through a temp agency Reserve Network out of Morrow Georgia. When I was hired on I was told 40 hrs a week M- F. Lies lies lies you're lucky to get 3 days a week. Run from this place.

Advice to Management

Stop watching people like hawks. By the way your female employees need to adhere to dress code every body wear spanks, spandex. How can men get any work done when all they see all night is rear ends. Every one deserves 1 15 minute break and one 30 minute break. You get one 30 minute break and you work 7 hrs. You stand the whole shift.

"Customer Service Department"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

The Pay is good. Being able to make a customer happy at the end of the day will make you happy.

Cons

Each manager will tell you different ways to handle situations, none really knows what to do. Management is very clingy to each other. They form their own circle and side eye anyone else who isn't in it.

Advice to Management

This is a billion dollar company, treat it like such. Making your employees feel unwanted will cause their work performance to weaken.

"no job security"

Pros

They had a good work environment and nice cafeteria.

Cons

watched over 25 people get let go from the customer service team due to "budget issues", while management makes a killing... corporate greed at its finest here at PVH.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth and stop slimming the department to fill your pockets.

"This place is hell!"

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time

Pros

You get paid during your lunch break.
    You exercise in a group before you work.

Cons

You are deprived of time, unless you have a watch. This means you can not have a cell phone on the floor.
    There is only one break which last 35 mins. You HAVE to be back at your assigned spot before the bell ring or you are fired!
    You have to stand all day.

Jan 25, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good benefits, with unlimited sick days & 401k matching

Cons

Layoffs are high and do not give a dignity to those who are being laid off. I watched a layoff event happen right before Thanksgiving 2016, to a gentleman that had been with the company more than 25 yrs. it happened right in the middle of the day so all around him could watch what was going on. He should have been given a more dignified way of leaving the company. His manger should have done it in the morning or in the evening. This is who management treats its employees. Layoffs will always happen but treat people with respect!

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect when laying them off, it's the right thing to do.

Dec 8, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator