PVH Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

PVH Corp. Chairman and CEO Manny Chirico
Manny Chirico

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Can be difficult to maintain work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• The upper management should be more considerate of employees (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"PVH Corp: The best fashion company to work for!"

Current Employee - Learning & Development Coordinator
    Current Employee - Learning & Development Coordinator

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PVH Corp is truly one of the greatest places to work in the fashion industry. I started my journey with PVH as an intern. PVH Corp.’s internship program is one of the best in the nation. I was functioning as a full time employee with a full set of responsibilities while also being a part of a cross functional team to work on a project that was ultimately presented to the senior executive team. The intern program is why I choose to start my career full time with the company. PVH’s Corporate Responsibility efforts is one of the reasons I am reminded I stay with PVH Corp. PVH Corp. is truly a company that cares about doing the right thing always. Their commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility is truly outstanding. There is a not a single natural disaster or tragic event that goes on that PVH Corp does not stand up immediately and offer a helping hand. That passion to care for one another is something I see across the halls of PVH Corp. I am very proud PVH associate and I would encourage any friend or family member to work with us and grow with us.

Cons

PVH Corp. like any other fashion company is fast paced and high stakes. We are constantly trying to surpass our competitors. I have a hard time saying this is a con but some people may feel that way. If you are looking for something relaxing, I may not recommend the fashion industry.

Advice to Management

Make sure you take the time to come back down to the lower sides of your teams and hear about the new ideas buzzing around, you never know what you will find!

Oct 6, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Our associates are one of our top priorities, so we’re glad you think of PVH as a great place to work!

2. "Full-Time Floor Supervisor"

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Park City, UT

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment, feeling valued and appreciated

Cons

Management doesn't always take the action they should against hostility in the workplace.

3. "Fun but kind of boring"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Spring Hill, FL
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Spring Hill, FL

Pros

Got to work with friends, talk to costumers, fun work environment with friends, and the pay was good for a seasonal job

Cons

Mostly just folded clothes, didn’t get to work the cash register, poor management, bad hours, barely worked and when I did it was for like 5 hours

"Great company to work for, can use improvement in areas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time

Pros

- Work/life balance is encouraged (but some departments do not)
    - Learn and Development classes offered
    - Volunteer opportunities
    - Diverse
    - Great fundraiser events and holiday parties
    - Excellent benefits

Cons

- Lack of career growth
    - Salary is surprisingly not competitive with other NYC companies, and considering being global company

"Not recommended"

Current Employee - General Manager in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Aurora, IL

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthcare and time off, but most companies are competitive in this area so nothing special about PVH's offerings.

Cons

It appears that the reviews from corporate-based or contract positions are pretty positive. This can only mean that they are treated better than the store teams. Unfortunately, and this is why this company, which includes Van Heusen, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein, has such high turnover in store leadership positions, there is little to no genuine support for store teams. Shipments are huge, payroll to process those shipments is minimal so essentially you're always, always doing shipment. Open to close, doing shipment and trash. Other than that, your floorsets are pretty much monthly, without appropriate payroll to execute properly, there are RTV's and transfers and other tasks with no support and inventories at PVH are awful. The company won't hire a professional outside firm to do inventories so the store teams are stuck overnight until 5am scanning thousands of pieces of merchandise. If you're lucky enough to make your inventory numbers, which isn't typical due to all of the theft, your bonus is chump change. Not worth it. Stores aren't provided with nearly enough payroll to deliver "5 star service" to customers. You're often working alone as the only one in the store until someone comes at mid-day to give you a break. Closing alone is usual and customary to, due to the lack of payroll support. There's also no training for new hires so their training is often rushed and not thorough at all. I'm looking forward to my last day at this company.

Advice to Management

Maybe treat your store teams half way as well as you treat your corporate partners and you wouldn't have to always be recruiting for new store teams. District managers need to live in the high volume markets so that they understand the struggles, not in some small town hours away. They have no clue what it's like in the larger metro areas.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. (Less than a year)

Pros

Values its employee's well-being. Promotes flexible work, great benefits

Cons

no cons whatsoever great place

7. "Great Company!!"

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Great benefits. Fun atmosphere. Great leaders and opportunities to grow. PVH University....dedicated to developing you.

Cons

The only thing I would say is that the fashion industry can be tough in general.

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at PVH Corp. part-time

Pros

Well, the people are nice.

Cons

Literally the worst company ever! Now, please read with caution. I'm entirely sure experinces are contigant on the environment management creates which in my case they created a bad work environment. I could write a 20 page essay about everything wrong with the company ( or maybe it's just the store I worked in) and still would have more to say. The store is understaffed and too much is expected with no time given. It's mentally draining and stressful the amount of work load given. In some instances on major holidays 3 people would be closing and would be expected to leave 2 hours after closing. Overall, to keep this shorter don't work with this company if you love yourself. Cheap behind company is always pinching for pennies and don't give a hoot about employees.

Advice to Management

Do better!!!

Dec 28, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in our West Palm Beach, FL store. We will pass your comments onto the appropriate team.

9. "Designer III"

Current Employee - DESIGNER III in New York, NY
    Current Employee - DESIGNER III in New York, NY

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company id very open to people moving around within the company to learn new skills.

Cons

It is a big ship that is hard to make fast changes.

Advice to Management

Try to stay more nimble.

Dec 28, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at PVH.

10. "Human Resources/Benefits Assistant"

Current Employee - Benefits Assistant in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Benefits Assistant in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about all its employees and is not afraid to show it.

Cons

Have not yet found a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Nov 30, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Our associates are one of our top priorities, so we’re glad you feel PVH is a great place to work!