PVH Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

PVH Corp. Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • great work life balance and full package benefits with compensation (in 17 reviews)

• Great benefits, great work environment, just a great place to be (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life Balance is poor, its more of a 'Work Life Integration' (in 17 reviews)

• The upper management should be more considerate of employees (in 19 reviews)

"Over all A great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Reading, PA

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, Union, Christmas and Easter gift cards, Free Sams club membership. Caring Supervisors.

Cons

Hot in the summer months!!!! it being union it has a seniority list and the lower people tend to get laid off often.

Advice to Management

Stay great!!

Aug 11, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Our associates are one of our top priorities, so we’re glad you thought PVH was a great place to work!

2. "Material handler"

Current Employee - Material Handler in McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Material Handler in McDonough, GA

I have been working at PVH Corp. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy money no hard work good money

Cons

The lack of hours the only thing bad about it

Advice to Management

To be more laid-back don't push employees so hard to work hard. When everything is already caught up just let people work at a steady Pace instead of float and people get all the hours.

Aug 22, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

3. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Manchester, NH

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good PTO time, 401k match, and a company paid pension plan.

Cons

Poor pay, they throw people into to positions to fill them instead of finding the right candidate, major changes to all aspects of the company and how they are running the stores without real support, DM's don't support the stores as they should, unrealistic expectations, not much room to grow if you're a store manager unless you're willing to move and take on a different store in a different state.

Advice to Management

Change is good and it's great the company is evolving but the pressure you're putting on the stores, with all the changes you're making, with small time frames for stores to learn and incorporate these changes, are just unrealistic and you're loosing great employees because of it.

Aug 11, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in our Manchester, NH store. We will pass your comments on store management onto the appropriate team.

5. "Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PVH offers a broad range of employment opportunity across multiple brands. The flexibility of moving and learning both wholesale and retail is an additional bonus. The corporation has strong negotiating power given the size of the company from sourcing, leasing and business contracts.

Cons

The company does not embrace 'diversity'. While upper management speaks to this as a strength it is clearly a huge weakness. The company also struggles with a wide communication gap between middle and upper management.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good work/life balance, great people, amazing vacation and holiday time plus half day Fridays in the summer. I have worked full-time in Bridgewater for over 8 years.

Cons

It's hard to move up in some departments so people either take their knowledge and move to another internal department or leave the company.

Jul 22, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for your kind review! We’re glad you listed benefits and work/life balance as a pros. It’s good to know our efforts to further employee development haven’t gone unnoticed.

"Age discriminatory environment, not a nimble company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Average salary, GREAT benefits, good work life balance.

Cons

PVH could be doing a lot more to help1.) middle aged work force 2.) help the environment 3.) fostering strong community relations.

Advice to Management

Stick to your roots. It is silly to try and have young hipsters trying to help sell to the older more mature customer. LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES when they have new and innovative ideas!

Jul 11, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at PVH. We will pass your comments onto the appropriate team.

"Amazing company! They make sure things get done but also treat associates with compassion"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful employee discount, treated all associates amazingly, great environment, compassion for employees

Cons

The only heartbreaking thing about this company is that they sold the Bass brand to AM Retail Group

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesomeness!

Jun 7, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We aim to provide a positive, inclusive, and enjoyable work environment to all of our associates.

"Understaffed and Uncaring"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

The company offers a great discount on clothing across all of its brands, the opportunity to meet a diverse group of people not only as customers but as co-workers, and a good stepping stone for anyone who is interested in working in sales or retail. Health insurance for full time management was ok, the benefits packages were amazing (but mostly geared towards the big wigs in New York).

Cons

It's retail so you can say goodbye to your social and/or family life. Working Black Friday AND Thanksgiving was a nightmare. We weren't even busy but we had to stay open anyway. I understand working nights and weekends, but there were some nights we were there until almost 3am doing shipment because the manager didn't want associates putting security tags on the clothes. As opposed to actually training her associates, management teams had to stay late at night and still be in to open the store the next morning. The manager also loved to schedule herself morning hours so she could see her kids in the evenings and on the weekends. She maybe closed the store twice while I worked there.
    We had a corporate visit and wasted hours upon hours cleaning, fixing, and rearranging the store (in stead of using those hours for... shipment???) to make sure it was up to par. Then we were instructed not to criticize anything in front of the corporate team because they are "sensitive" and have "fragile egos". When our manager was chastised for the way she had folded something she put the blame on something else.

The worst part of my experience here was a complete lack of training (during the corporate visit I mentioned earlier a corporate officer asked me to get a report for her and I literally had no idea how to do it - I didn't even know I had access to reports - so I had to embarrass myself and tell her I apparently didn't know how to do my job; despite this my manager didn't speak up and say anything. She just smiled and kept brown nosing.)

The second worst thing was the ostracizing I received after I found out I was pregnant and shared this information with my manager. She would no longer greet me with a smile. She began to give a lot of my job duties to a shift supervisor. She wouldn't answer the phone when she was not in the store if I called (but she would answer if the shift called her from her cell). She wouldn't let me climb ladders or lift anything (despite my limit being only 50lbs. per my doctor.)

I was working three jobs and was asked to quit the other two to better focus and have more energy at Calvin Klein. So I did. It was a huge mistake. I rarely saw my SM and when I did she was giggling in the backroom with a shift supervisor.

There is little to no structure and no one follows the chain of command. Employees were left to their own devices so long it was a chore for them to actually do their jobs when asked. One employee was so insolent he said he couldn't work Black Friday and wouldn't be coming in to work and came in to SHOP. He was also chronically late and rude to people, very lazy (spent more time on his phone than on his customers) and still had a job there when I left.

The corporate office likes to send out these newsletters about the corporate office to all the "lowly" retail people and include things like how PVH is cleaning up some river in New York and how they are environmentally friendly. Yet in our shipments every single piece of underwear is sent in its own bag, surrounded by packing bubbles, in a box (with no more than 5 other pairs of the same garment), that was sent from across the ocean. The amount of waste that goes into shipping the product was disgusting. There would be days where a truck would come in with 120 boxes and at the end of the night we would only be through half of them and the entirety of the EMERGENCY EXIT would be covered with broken down boxes and bags upon bags filled with... bags. Seriously.

Advice to Management

Assign enough hours to your management teams so they can properly train their staff.
    Be aware of safety issues.
    Don't take pregnancy discrimination lightly - it's a federal crime.
    If you're going to try to be a "green" company, maybe work on cleaning up your own messes before worrying about someone else's.

Jul 14, 2016 – Employer Branding and Social Media Coordinator

Please email us at socialmedia@pvh.com and we can have your comments and concerns fully addressed by the appropriate team.

10. "Maintenance Supervisor"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent atmosphere, friendly and inviting.

Cons

Volatile business - ups and downs, back to back which can make planning difficult to accomplish or seem as if we do not know what we are doing.

Advice to Management

Senior staff should work together better across all departments

"PVH Corporation"

Current Employee - Import Coordinator in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Import Coordinator in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PVH Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Corporate Events.
    Summer Friday's without having to make up the time.
    Pretty good benefits.
    A very laid back environment.

Cons

Promotions are difficult to get.
    Low salary.
    Raises are below average.
    Have grown too BIG, you are now a number and not a name.
    Favoritism everywhere.

Advice to Management

Start recognizing employees that work hard and reward those employees for this hard work. Stop letting strong employees walk away from this company or innovation and ideas are going to suffer.