KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PVH Corp.

Engaged Employer

PVH Corp.

Add a Review

PVH Corp. Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

Found 18 of over 1,457 reviews

4.0
PVH Corp. CEO Stefan Larsson
Stefan Larsson
Pros
  • "Great benefits and team structures(in 97 reviews)

• "People, Community, social responsibility, work life balance(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance, employees spread too thin(in 42 reviews)

• "Occasionally, upper management can be a pain(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PVH Corp. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Oct 1, 2020 - Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great and they really strive to create a supportive environment for their associates. There are also internal initiatives to help connect you with other people within the company (including upper management) as well as volunteer programs (an paid volunteer hours) so you can go out and do good in the community.

Cons

People like the company so much that people rarely leave, so it’s hard to move up if you’re on a smaller team.

Coordinator, Employer Branding

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your thoughtful feedback. If you have further details you would like to share, feel free to email us at careers@pvh.com.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Account Executive

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Terrific benefits (healthcare, work from home policy, Summer Fridays, discounts, etc.). Corporately, PVH really treats their employees in high regards. C-level management is extremely transparent with the entire company. Depending on your division and manager, there is great work/life balance, teamwork, and comradery which makes coming to work not feel like such a chore. If you do succeed at your job, PVH has a ton of growth opportunity and are happy to assist with a path for you to grow into. All in all, I think the majority of employees are proud to work at and enjoy working at PVH. Truthfully, I probably never would have left PVH had I not needed to relocate for personal reasons.

Cons

Upper management can tend to play favorites and compensation isn't competitive to other companies (both smaller and larger)

Coordinator, Employer Branding

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your PVH experience as we always strive to put our associates first. Best wishes on your future endeavors!

3. 4.0

Great company !!!

Jan 22, 2021 - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

hours of operation, training, standards , policy, teamwork

Cons

Salary, management, visits, Black Friday, upper management

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

PVH is AWESOME

Mar 12, 2020 - Business Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

PVH has amazing benefits, and for being a massive organization, you can tell the company as a whole really cares and values their employees. The company has excellent learning opportunities, is fast paced, and everyone who I've come in contact with is extremely intelligent. PVH treats its employees like adults, we get unlimited sick time, one dedicated work from home day, and flexible working hours. Upper management leaves their titles at the door!

Cons

Being extremely fast paced could also be a negative thing. It's hard to find time to get anything done outside of your day to day responsibilities, for example, taking advantage of the several lunch and learns, PVH University, etc.

Coordinator, Employer Branding

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. If you have further feedback to share to help us improve, you are encouraged to email us at careers@pvh.com.

5. 4.0

Solid Work

Sep 29, 2020 - Sales Associate in Centralia, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, relaxed environment, good coworkers

Cons

Occasionally, upper management can be a pain

Coordinator, Employer Branding

Thank you for your review.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

good place to work

Sep 21, 2020 - Operations Supervisor in McDonough, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, easy job nothing stressful or complicated

Cons

upper management seriously micro manages and there's to much going on behind closed doors

Coordinator, Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

7. 1.0

Not Recommended

Nov 1, 2019 - Assistant Manager in Gettysburg, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount--though dress code was rough since you always had to be 'current'. Great health matters website! Benefits Training was thorough with great checklists

Cons

This was the most toxic work environment I have ever been apart of. I worked for this company for almost a year and a half and there is nothing I would recommend about it. This store is very dysfunctional. I was supposed to be the assistant manager but was never treated as one. Floor supervisors were able to be disrespectful and insubordinate to me without any repercussions despite upper management being aware of the situation. Management also held female employees to a higher standard than male employees. Male employees were able to get away with being rude to others and allowed to break policy while female employees were scolded over minor details. Rewards were an unnecessary focus. This store did not work together as a team to reach goals. Store managers would avoid the register and barely ring making it impossible for others to be successful. Part time associates would have more opportunities each week than the full time store managers. Hostility in the store was starting to escalate to violent behavior. Upper management and corporate did not act quickly to remedy the situation. Hostility and intimidation was used to push great employees (4 in the past 2 months) into resigning from their positions. Those who caused the toxic work environment are praised, rewarded, and promoted. Customers complained about employees showing up to work intoxicated. These employees are able to stay at work for the majority of their shift with little repercussions and are actually put up for promotions. Store managers did not take this issue seriously and had to be notified twice before being bothered to handled the situation. Issues that are brought to managements' attention are ignored and not taken seriously and are often pushed under the rug. They are condescending when you try to voice concerns or opinions. Employees will spread rumors and lies about other employees to customers and other team members. Issues here are sugar-coated or hidden from district managers and corporate. So these problems will most likely not be resolved. I can't believe that a company that is known for its equality and positive work environment would allow this kind of behavior to go on in one of its store. I am appalled and have lost respect for this corporation.

7 people found this review helpful

Coordinator, Employer Branding

Please email us at careers@pvh.com and we can have your comments and concerns fully addressed by the appropriate team.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, not a lot of growth opportunities

Feb 8, 2019 - Senior Graphic Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Nice people. Exposure to different parts of the design and fashion industry. Lots of chances to learn about different industry innovations.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. Upper management doesnt really listen to anyone other than themselves. Frustrating for designers who have a lot of time invested in the world of modern advertising, because your ideas fall on deaf ears. Very dated creative mentality.

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Taking care of associates is one of our core values, and we’re always looking for ways to ensure our associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. Our associates are encouraged to provide further feedback to socialmedia@pvh.com.

9. 4.0

Friendly place to work

Oct 27, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

You coworkers and supervisors and upper management are generally very caring and want to help you grow in your career. They want to know your opinions each year and actually make changes based on employees' suggestions. Company benefits are really outstanding compared a lot of other employers such as matching 401k, extensive medical dental vision plans, retirement plans etc. They also help you grow by offering training classes every month which everyone is encouraged to take if they want to. You even get a certain number of paid volunteer hours each year for charity work at outside causes or with coworkers you want to do.

Cons

Mostly because it is competitive, it can be difficult to advance up the ladder in certain departments because often supervisors and managers stay for so long.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No room for growth at all.

Feb 28, 2018 - Floor Supervisor in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment is completely based upon what management makes it. At my store in particular, management has their tasks and associates and leads are left to "just recover". It makes day to day shifts very unfulfilling with no desire or motivation to WANT to get things done for the betterment of the store. Work life balance is great, but it's only because the associates make an effort amoungst themselves to have a great team relationship. Retirement program is good. No insurance unless you're full time, and you can't be full time unless you're upper management.

Cons

Management is completely cut off from the actual associates and always just stay in the back. No effort to create a team environment. Entry level supervisors are chastised by HR if they go over 30 hours a week- even when it's to help the store during callouts, etc. Haven't had a store meeting in over 6 monthes.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in our Orlando, FL store. We will pass your comments on store management and associate development onto the appropriate team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews