Pace Analytical Reviews | Glassdoor

Pace Analytical Reviews

Updated June 27, 2017

Steve A Vanderboom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Nice coworkers, lots of hands-on experience for entry level employees (in 9 reviews)

• Worked with great people, lots of opportunities for further education (in 9 reviews)

1. "Lab Analyst II"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pace is good to their employees

Cons

Local Pace management aren't always transparent

2. "Lab Technician"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Asheville, NC

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yearly pay raises.
    Yearly bonuses.
    Good work environment.

Cons

Zero Tolerance Policy.
    Training could be better.

3. "Great people, Mediocre Company, Low Pay"

Current Contractor - Business Analyst/Specialist in Oakdale, MN
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst/Specialist in Oakdale, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co workers. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you with whatever issues you may have.

Cons

Low pay for the field.

Advice to Management

Management needs to invest some money into making work easier...such as new computer's that aren't 10 years old.

"LabOps Division - Good People, Mediocre Pay and Benefits"

Former Employee - Engineering Worker in Maplewood, MN
    Former Employee - Engineering Worker in Maplewood, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pace has a highly talented group of employees and management, many fresh from college and ready to adapt to the latest industry practices. There is a lot of talent at this company, I just with the company knew it.

Cons

Very poor salary. Pace is a business which always seems to be expanding. I feel that senior management has put far too much emphasis on acquisitions and growth and "competing in the industry" as opposed to investing in the people and employees that actually enable them to compete and grow. On my team, turnover was high enough that I became the most senior member within 2 years. Pace pays so far below the market rate for so many positions, that almost any movement out of the company meant a significantly higher paycheck. This means that Pace sees substantial loss of talent and experience to a problem that has a seemingly simple solution.

Advice to Management

Learn more about your employees that have stuck with the small paychecks for 1yr+. Find out what they actually do every day and then do some research and see what they're actually worth. You'll be surprised. I am doing very similar work now for a different company and my salary more than doubled when I left Pace. Pace places a large focus on consistency and high levels of customer service; It only makes sense that should invest in the employees that make those goal attainable. Appreciate your people and they will appreciate your company back with higher productivity and quality.

"Great Place to Start, but not much growth and low pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pace is a great place to start off your career with an undergrad in Chemistry. You can learn hands on analytical work and get into the nuts and bolts of lots of very expensive instrumentation.

Cons

Pace is now owned by an equity group and the goals of the company are now aligned with top line revenue growth, no matter the cost to individuals or bottom lines. It leaves the operational staff feeling less valued and in turn, like a job not a career.

Advice to Management

Performance Based Promotions. Career Development, and less office politics.

6. "Okay, could be better"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, support their workers if they are unhappy with a client or work they are doing. Find new contracts after current one is finished instead of making you do it yourself

Cons

Terrible pay, don't give a chance to negotiate salary during annual review process. Can be frustrating to be bounced between entry level positions

7. "Good stepping stone job"

Current Employee - Lab Analyst II in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Lab Analyst II in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time

Pros

The LabOps division, in which I'm employed, is a good way to find a quick job when in need (laid off, fresh out of school)

Cons

If you are in a long term open-ended contract like myself, there may be no way to get hired on permanently by the company at which you work, and your only opportunity for advancement will be to move up in Pace on-site management, or become a lifer! Yikes!

Advice to Management

Warn incoming employees of both the pros AND cons of the defined term contract versus the open-ended contract. The open-ended contract was presented to me like such a great opportunity but has turned out to be a dead-end job!

8. "Contract is ok if you are a recent grad or looking for experience"

Current Contractor - Microbiology Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Microbiology Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are ok for a contract/temp. company (you get an end of year bonus). If you are a contractor or new graduate you can get experience at bigger companies by working as a contractor at these companies. Some companies do contract to hire, where if they like you they will eventually hire you. The Pace labs have many different types of labs so you can get different opportunities and learn different sides of labs (air quality, water testing, etc).

Cons

The pay is low and the benefits are ok. There are very little opportunities for growth and upward movement. Many contractors stay in the same position for years and years. This is ok with some people, but not for most.
     In some cases there was never an intention to hire and the contractors are strung along.
    The Pace labs have many different types of labs so you can get different opportunities.

Advice to Management

The moral and separation between Pace and the contract company is not clear. More "fun" team building events would be helpful

9. "Good resume builder"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cornelius, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cornelius, NC

I have been working at Pace Analytical (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with. There are opportunities for advancement. Good place to start out and get some experience.

Cons

Pay is pretty low and training needs to be more thorough. Often not enough communication from managers.

10. "Lab Technician"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Easy work
    - Good foot in the door job to the environmental and/or chemistry industry
    -Great Coworkers
    -Knowledgeable senior coworkers

Cons

-Low pay
    -Stressful in the busy summer
    -sub-par benefits (not the worst but not great)
    -not much room for advancement