Pace Analytical Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 3, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve A Vanderboom

Pros
  • Nice coworkers, lots of hands-on experience for entry level employees (in 8 reviews)

• Worked with great people, lots of opportunities for further education (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely low pay to start, reluctant to give performance reviews and/or raises (in 22 reviews)

• No room for growth within the company (in 7 reviews)

1. "pace review made under duress"

Current Employee - Lab Technician II in Greensburg, PA
    Current Employee - Lab Technician II in Greensburg, PA

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good strong ethical company with good people

Cons

Health care is a challenge, but since this is the only place I have worked since Obama care it is probably the same everywhere

Advice to Management

Invest more into your people

2. "Lab Ops"

Former Employee - Lab Analyst IV in Maplewood, MN
    Former Employee - Lab Analyst IV in Maplewood, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My position in Lab Ops offered many opportunities to grow scientifically. My co-workers were very professional, and we worked together as a team to reach our goals. I was encouraged to ask questions and give feedback. The labs were well stocked and the equipment was maintained well. Safety was the number one priority. I was also given the opportunity to attend MCF which was a great experience.

Cons

Too much time spent creating monthly reports to both client and Pace. The roles of Pace supervisor and client supervisor are not well defined. Supervisor did not meet many of the expectations of the client. Supervisor needs to become more proactive meeting client's needs.

Advice to Management

Supervisors seem over worked. My supervisor did not review my performance my second year of employment. Supervisors need more training in order to meet the expectations of the client.

3. "Good Place to Work...Temporarily"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Pace seems to really take care of it's employees. Good benefits and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Working in the LabOps division, there is little to no room for advancement.

5. "Chemist"

Current Employee - Chemist II in Oakdale, MN
    Current Employee - Chemist II in Oakdale, MN

Pros

Great people to work with, great variety of work

Cons

lower pay, disorganized, constant change and construction

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive Company. Cares about its workers.

Cons

Can be a stuffy environment.

7. "Lab Analyst III"

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, Well equipped Labs

Cons

Pay is Low! especially on the contingent side of the company, Lab Ops!

8. "A great opportunity to get your foot in the door"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good company if u are a recent grad and looking to built your resume (whether in analytics or management). Pace is a highly competitive company, they will get you a contracted job - that's for sure.

Cons

You work as a contractor, Lower wages, high turnaround rate, no opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Invest in your supervisors, they are the ones working everyday with the clients and Pace employees. Allow them to have a voice and they will rally for Pace.

9. "Pace Analytical LabOps"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at Pace Analytical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to start right out of school. Pace runs a tight ship and provides solid regulatory support to its customers. The people there are generally great and HR is incredibly helpful.

Cons

Since I was only with the company for under a year before I decided to return to school I never came up for a salary review. That said, I've heard grumblings from colleagues regarding the postponement of their salary reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep holding your workers to a high standard while providing them the benefits you currently do. Just make sure people get their raises!

"Pace LabOps contract"

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst III in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst III in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hiring process was quick, I had an offer within two weeks of my contacting the company with an interest in a position. For anyone new to the area or in a life transition, this is a great option for getting a good job quickly. All of the Pace employees I was in contact with were professional, courteous, and genuine.

I was a contract employee placed in a position with a well-regarded company in the local area. This position suited me and my skills well, offered me training opportunities, and the ability to work with new lab equipment. It was a term-limited contract, which gave me time to find a permanent position with another great Minnesota employer.

Cons

My position was a term-limited contract with no permanence. Due to this circumstance, I was unable to view Pace Analytical as a dependable employer as they could not guarantee a new placement once my contract was over.

The vacation and sick time benefits were the poorest I have had in any job. Time is earned regardless of pay grade or position, but is based on years of service with only 6 days of vacation in year 1 (this has changed to 10 days recently). Earning 1.5 hours of sick per 80 hours worked makes it difficult to build up and results in tough decisions to make when one is sick and has not earned enough time.

Advice to Management

Make a more competitive benefits package if your aim is to compete for happy and dedicated employees in the Minneapolis-St. Paul job market.

11. "Best way to get foot in heavy doors"

Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst II in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Laboratory Analyst II in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Pace Analytical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pace Analytical is a fantastic, well-managed lab and staffing company. The recruiters and site managers genuinally care about their employees, even the ones that work offsite. You can expect prompt replies about any problems or conscerns. If you come on as a contractor, they have an excellent reputation and good relations amongst Twin Cities area science-based companies. They can give you a way in at companies such as 3M, Honeywell, Genenal Mills, and Boston Scientific.

Cons

The pay is slightly below industry average, but the benefits compensate. If you are a contractor, I wouldn't rely on getting hired fulltime. It's only a chance, and it's more the exception than the rule. Be proactive and try to stand out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. But don't overburden the on-site managers too badly.