Pace Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bonnie McElveen-Hunter

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Pace Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pace really values its employees. They offer great benefits, fun employee gatherings, and they take strides to make the work environment fit employee wants and needs. The upper management is friendly and easy to work with. I have never felt uncomfortable raising concerns or discussing my future needs.

Cons

I can't think of any cons that are big enough to write about here.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job! Keep doing what you're doing.

2. "Fast paced environment, lots of room for employee growth"

I have been working at Pace Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been employed here for about 7 months. From what I've experienced so far, Pace is a fast paced environment, so I rarely get bored. Teams are made up of incredibly talented individuals, which can be intimidating at first but ultimately help push you to be and do better at everything you work on. While every account team is different, but I appreciate how my team is able to be flexible without sacrificing quality of work. I love coming into work and knowing that I have a supportive team who is there to collaborate with and who I can go to for help if I run into a problem. I've learned so much here in comparison to where I was before, and the skills that I've picked up will help build the foundation of my career for years to come. Overall, an awesome experience.

Cons

Nothing related to my job, team or work I do. But there are mixed reviews from my coworkers about our healthcare benefits. Personally, I will be spending about $2,500 a year more (out of pocket) than I did at my previous job because of our high deductible, despite the fact that my monthly premium is about $10 more per month than where I was before. While we do have an HSA and other health savings accounts options (which do help a lot) it's still money out of your paycheck.

3. "Great People, Great Work"

Pros

Great people to work with, meaningful work

Cons

Didn't experience any in my time there

4. "Copy Editor"

Current Employee - Copyeditor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Copyeditor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Pace Communications (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very creative people, nice work environment

Cons

Benefits could be a little better.

5. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Creative Department in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Creative Department in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Pace Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work hard, but you also get massages, ice cream days, interesting coworkers.

Cons

The benefits. Sometimes stressful to the point of tears.

6. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Intern in Greensboro, NC

Pros

I really enjoyed working on my team at Pace. I had great co-workers who offered me multiple opportunities to learn more about marketing, and to participate in RFPs, trainings and client tasks. Pace is very family-oriented, so people are incredibly understanding if you have to alter your schedule for an appointment or family event/emergency. As a 20-year-old Millennial, I never felt talked down to because of my age. I have definitely experienced this at other companies, so I appreciated that I was never treated that way at Pace.

Cons

As an intern, there is some busy work. Making spreadsheets isn't the most thrilling part of any job, but it was rewarding to know that my audit was helping our client and would actually be seen by the client. I also took meeting minutes and proofread presentations, which were tedious but rewarding because I got to attend meetings with clients as an intern. My face was even on a pitch presentation because I contributed!

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your employees. Pace is doing great work to ensure the success of their interns, so keep working to make the intern program even greater.

7. "Generally satisfied with working here, just wish it was easier to get involved in creative projects."

Current Employee - Associate Editor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Editor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Pace Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with. Manager/supervisors are great. Generally an independent working environment without any micromanagement. Vacation, sick, personal days are a plus (they even provide these for interns). Lots of emphasis on providing fun activities for employees. One of the best internship opportunities around (coming from someone who dealt with a lot of unpaid internships).

Cons

The pay could be better (seems lots of employees feel this way, not just me). Most frustrating aspect—large, corporate marketing firm means you have to deal with a lot of higher-ups changing direction of firm. When I started, I wrote copy all the time (which is what I wanted to do, as a copywriter/editor). Towards the end, I spent a lot of my time just trying to find anything to do at all.

Advice to Management

Don't think management needs a whole lot of advice. They don't seem to have a problem attracting new talent or hanging on to the "old" talent.

"Great Company"

Pros

Offices all over the country that serve big name clients, great community outreach, fun company outings/events

Cons

Wish you didn't have to be with the company 5 years to get an additional 5 days of vacation (you start at 10 days)

9. "Editor"

Former Employee - Editor in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Editor in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Privately owned company with good family values. Leader in the content industry. Many smart, dynamic people who will be your coworkers. Great CEO.

Cons

Somewhat cheap when it comes to salaries.

Advice to Management

Pay talented people what they are worth.

10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Pace Communications (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Teambuilding activities. 401k match is usually really good. Nice folks to work with. Creative energy.

Cons

Pay could be higher. Like all agencies, you lose a client, you might lose your job regardless of how good you are. But that's the nature of the business