Pacific Alliance Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "For new grad nurses"

Former Contractor - Wound Care and Surgery Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Wound Care and Surgery Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacific Alliance Medical Center as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

gives new grads a chance to sharpen skills

Cons

nurses are new and speaks little english. Needs to be more customer service oriented

Advice to Management

Better customer service

2. "Charge Nurse"

Current Employee - OR Charge Nurse in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - OR Charge Nurse in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people working there are good people.

Cons

Need to invest in smart managers that know their policies and regulations instead of making up their own to show their power. In the heart of China town, parking is far from the hospital, a lot of traffic and many of the employees have very bad attitudes.

Advice to Management

Follow and update your policies and regulations. Stop micromanaging your charge and supervisors.

3. "Small hospital with advance Technology. Friendly staffs and down to earth physicians."

Current Employee - Patient Care in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Care in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management & Administrations are willing to work with staff to improve and provide adequate work environment. Staffs are treated just as important as the customer/patient. IMO, there seems to be much improvement between management and employee engagement. I'm a firm believer that we all should be proactive and not let emotional rage take over.

Cons

In the past, I have witnessed other managers that were really loud and hostile towards employee went under pressure. It took management a long time to realized that they should value staff just as much as they valued the customer/patient.

Advice to Management

"Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your finest customer." by Stephen R. Covey- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. This book should be mandatory read for management. It's a win-win method.

"Stuck in the 50s!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are all great! Everyone seems to be genuinely nice! The cafeteria food is wonderful because there isn't a lot of fat or salt in the products.

Cons

Everything about this place is out of the 50s! Everything is paper generated! Even my yearly evaluation, raise, competencies, benefit enrollment and flu shot is all paper format. Paper documents go missing quite frequently and causes huge headaches. The cafeteria doesn't even take debit card or employee badge accounts like other hospitals in the area. There is way to much arguing with upper management! They can't seem to communicate things clearly.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback!! It will continue to be a revolving door unless the company is willing to change and implement new ideas. Stop arguing, get to work and make positive changes!

"The people you don't see make this a wonderful place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Teamwork is amazing at PAMC. I love the fact that if I don't know the answer a co-worker will help me. It is a solid organization that has good benefits.

Cons

Upper Mangement is reluctant to change. They need to be more involved with the employees...go deep in the trenches. Many employees feel that they are not recognized due to a "perceived" ethnic preferential treatment.

Advice to Management

In an age where everyone is glued to a screen and tied to their desk you need to get Involved with your employees. Don't send an email. Speak to us in person!

"I am great at what I do because of the training I got. Sad to leave but felt that working conditions are too dangerous."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Food serve at cafeteria and patient food are superb.hospital is small but equipped with latest technology. They do computerized charting. They have Free health benefits for full-time employee. Great staff.

Cons

Staffing is very bad. 90% of the time is always under staff. Manager aware but ignores the situation. Short staff and still expects you to clock out on time.you are almost always have 1 or 2 extra patient, you are spread so thin that you almost have no time to check your patients again. Safety and quality of care is a major concern. There's been a lot of near misses in the maternity department, some cases that didn't turn out well.

Advice to Management

I commend your hospital for always trying to keep abreast with latest in health technology. Please try to value your employees more. Some of your managers particularly in OB demean your employees by yelling at them especially in front of patients. That is just very unprofessional. Can you please take a look at high turnover rate in that department? You have a very nice L&D unit but safety and quality of care is quite poor.I do love the food that is served, one of the best. Kudos to the dietary department.

"The place is so-so"

I worked at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice to work with and the hours can be okay

Cons

There is a lack of diversity that often has a direct result of some prejudice but I am sure they mean no harm by it. They don't know how to treat their employees in a manner that garners loyalty.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees better and not make clear distinctions about night shift not being important simply because its nights, everyone makes effort to do their best despite the shift they work

8. "No place to work"

I have been working at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers are nice and helpful

Cons

Administration turns a blind eye to the bad habits of the managers and bad treatment towards employees

Advice to Management

Hire new managers and administrators