Pacific Bearing Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert Schroeder

1. "Engineering"

I have been working at Pacific Bearing full-time

Pros

Working for Tom Schroeder and given the opportunity improve my position in the company. Working with people that have passion for the work they do, developing new product and seeing the company grow even during tough times.

Cons

typical issues from seeing lazy people around the company to putting out many fires with very little time.

Advice to Management

Give out Christmas bonuses to the loyal people who stick around.

"PBC Linear Review"

I worked at Pacific Bearing (More than a year)

Pros

Small manufacturing company, very strong in operations and great engineering and innovation for a small company. They are always looking for ways to grow and there is always a lot of potential to help.

Cons

It is a family company, and has had a bit of turnover in recent years. With that said, they are quick to act and quick to take action.

Advice to Management

I would caution on being super quick to actions, and shop around options a bit more on the operational side. Overall though great operations

3. "Mechanical engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in South Beloit, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in South Beloit, IL

I have been working at Pacific Bearing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment. Ability to work on new projects constantly. New product constantly being launched and old products reviewed and improved.

Cons

No set pay structure. Management structure is very week unless directed by owner. Communication within the company is poor. A lot of work has to be completed multiple time because people don't make completed projects known.

"A very good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roscoe, IL

I have been working at Pacific Bearing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like any other company, as long as you are doing the job you are tasked with you will do fine.
    I have been given many opportunities to excel and learn beyond my original core duties.
    That is worth a lot to me.
    PBC is a growing company with a lot of room for growth as an individual.
    The owners are very involved with the day to day operations.
    They do acknowledge the people helping grow the company.
    Some see this as a threat, I see it as owners that care about the future of the company and the future of the paycheck, I get every 2 weeks.

Cons

No concreate pay structure.

Lack of an HR department.

Advice to Management

Advice to the ownership, continue to grow and look for acquisitions to grow the business and keep us all working.

"Team leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Roscoe, IL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Roscoe, IL

I have been working at Pacific Bearing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have back problems and they did a lot to help if anyone bashes this company there insane they do so much to help there employ's

Cons

There are no cons to this company if you work they take care of you

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Career opportunities"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Roscoe, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Roscoe, IL

I have been working at Pacific Bearing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great rewarding company with potential to move up and learn multiple positions in the manufacturing world with all hands on with state of the art machining and design. PBC also offers schooling support to help you continue on the path of your dreams. PBC is a great example and leader in world class manufacturing!

Cons

Not many to complain about but they are focused creating a great training program for employees and continue to re invest the company's profits back into the business by providing new equipment and training programs to secure a guaranteed future and career for all their passionate loyal employees!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the future to stay ahead of the competition make impacts everyday! Upper management needs to really push the values of following the chain of command by preaching the methods of properly making changes in areas by not getting the feedback first of the managers / Leads of that are that is effected! Also know matter how much school or excel reports you can provide hands on and experience always out weighs and the new hires with schooling needs to be a sponge sometimes and learn because if you're report looks good remember sooner or later the Big Wig will soon be knocking on your door to collect with accurate results, remember that!

"Good Company, Great People."

I have been working at Pacific Bearing (More than 3 years)

Pros

PBC Linear (Pacific Bearing) is privately owned and family operated, which to me, is a huge plus. It becomes a more personal work environment and the Schroeder family does a great job of making the employees feel like one of their own. There is a lot of outside negativity circling the company regarding the way former employees have been treated and everyone has heard the horror stories. I have been with this company for three years and can assure anyone that if those days existed, they are far behind Pacific Bearing. This company has done so much for myself and those around me. As long as you are willing to put in the work Pacific Bearing will encourage your growth. If you find anything in the company you are interested in learning more about or working with they will see to it that you receive the experience. They also offer great programs like tuition reimbursement for those interested in continuing their education, as well as excellent benefits, clubs, and many other great programs. If you are a hard working individual who is constantly seeking to better themselves, then this is one the best companies you can work for. Pacific Bearing also does a great job of promoting individuals from within whenever deserved or needed, rather than hiring from outside which I also think is a big deal in today's world. There will be those that will tell you otherwise about this company, but take it with a grain of salt. Hardly anyone reviews the company they work for if they are happy, usually only when someone is disgruntled with an employer will they leave a review. Like any other job its all about showing up and working hard, if you can do that, Pacific Bearing will take very good care of you.

Cons

Organization can be an issue, Pacific Bearing has a younger workforce. A lot of the elders have retired and there are few around to pass knowledge on to the up-and-comers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, there are issues, but they are working on them and the company has come a very long ways since I have started.

"PBC REVIEW - 2016"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roscoe, IL

Pros

The People - co-workers get along. Most employees are willing to share their knowledge of job tasks to assist new hires. We have good insurance benefits compared to many companies. We get a company match for our 401k, which many companies no longer do. A workout room has been created for us to use on our time and the company owners have a trainer who is available for our hire. They have continued to help people with smoking cessation, weight loss etc., Yes you could say they are doing this to maybe get a break on insurance but the fact remains the assistance is made available, and at a lot of companies you are on your own. In the down turn of 2008 we took pay cuts and reduced hours to keep our jobs alive and IT WORKED. The company was kept alive and is still growing.We choose where we accept employment and in doing that it is up to us to take the initiative to make our jobs better and in so doing improve the company environment. Without a good work ethic no employee will find satisfaction in where they are employed. We have more employee recognition for a job well done then we ever did in the past. This is a good move forward. The biggest PRO is we have a safe & healthy work environment and don't have to worry about discrimination & harassment of any type. (I've experienced a lot of it prior to coming here and the CEO stopped potential incidents here)

Cons

Not enough strong managers well versed in mentoring young blood. Lack of on the job training and opportunities to move up within the company. (It is getting better however) The point system is archaic and breeds negativity. Need to focus on positive reinforcement, and some of this has been happening in more recent time.

Advice to Management

Negativity breeds negativity, approaching work/life as a balance where the glass is half full instead of half empty and focus on the positive things that have been achieved. Containment of negativity and mass chewing outs do not gain respect and positive growth.

"Project / Mfg.Engineer"

I have been working at Pacific Bearing full-time

Pros

PBC allows an associate to grow outside the assigned work area. A very upbeat company that respects everyone's ideas,opinions and constructive concerns. Company benefits are very good and management does listen, foster and supports an open door policy. Management is committed to growing the linear business which helps the job market in our area.

Cons

Should be or get involved in more professional or community groups so others get to know who PBC really is.

"Current"

Pros

My manager works with me every day to make sure I am meeting my goals while continually setting me up for success. The "culture" of the company is progressive, busy, friendly, and offers great benefits. I see the leadership team working very hard towards making this company a great place to work. They also stress a healthy life style and have employee clubs and activities to promote that.

Cons

Every company has negatives, but I have seen nothing that is a "Con" to make you not want to work here.

Advice to Management

Review the attendance policy and better inter-departments communications.