Pacific Capital Bancorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Pacific Capital Bancorp Reviews

Pacific Capital Bancorp CEO and Director; Chairman and CEO, Pacific Capital Bank Carl B. Webb
Carl B. Webb

1. "review of employment at pcb"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

the company supports lots of local charities and is very committed to the local community, an employee can contribute to local charities through the company

Cons

banking industry is not doing well

Advice to Management

none

"Going through hard times"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance

Pros

Friendly, humane people. The company is well respected in the community. They do everything "by the book" as far as treating you well, benefits, etc.

Cons

As a bank, security is understandably tight in the IT department. However, it seems to be overly so at the expense of letting me do my job in a timely manner. Also, some of the technology and the ways of doing things seem dated. Finally, there is the elephant in the room of how much longer we will even exist.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping us informed about how things are going. Try to keep us open, and keep doing little things such as lunches and open forums to keep the troops informed.

3. "Solid People Here"

Pros

The people you work with here at PCB are some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. It is a genuine family environment.

Cons

There is a disconnect between senior management and the daily operations of the bank. They don't seem to have a real direction in which to take the company right now.

Advice to Management

Let's get back to basics. Downsizing jobs is only one way to reduce costs. We have been spending money foolishly while at the same time cutting back on employees.