Pacific Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James J. Balla

Pros
Cons
  • Billable hours are not realistic (in 6 reviews)

• They overworked you beyond your ability to perform your job efficiently, leafing to high rotation of employees, from case managers to therapist (in 5 reviews)

"Complete mess"

Former Employee - Clerk in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Clerk in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Staff becomes relatively close due to lack of management support.

Cons

Complete unprofessional, uneducated staff. Management is the worst as they come.

Advice to Management

If you genuinely would like to conduct professional and caring business and you advertise, hire adequate personell. Most unprofessional " off the streets" personell operating at these facilities.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, generous vacation and sick time. Positive environment, excellent management team.

Cons

Pay is on the low end, not enough room for advancement. High stress job.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees, maintain excellent benefits package.

"A good place to start."

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time

Pros

Holiday Pay
    You accrue Sick and Vacation time
    7.5 hour shift opposed to the norm 8 hrs

Cons

Little to no room for growth.
    Management turnaround.

Advice to Management

Hiring managers are not properly trained nor have the experience in selecting the best candidate for the position.

"Team Leader"

Current Employee - Supervisor in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Pacific Clinics (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, good place to work

Cons

I love this company have been here 12+ years

"Peer Advocate"

Former Employee - Peer Advocate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Peer Advocate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PC offers lots of free trainings. I love the fact that they have PCTI. Their benefits are really good and the amount of holidays is adequate.

Cons

One of the downsides is that management is very disorganized. There is very little room for moving up and the company lets go of good talent but promotes people who do not meet the requirements for a position.

Advice to Management

Make the positions as uniform as possible. Work harder to maintain good talent.

"Good company headed to great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a tremendous commitment to the mission of serving those who are less fortunate and very much in need. The recognition of employees as the greatest asset is paramount.

Cons

There are too many managers. Some places have as many as four people managing teams. There are too many executives at the top.

Advice to Management

The new CEO seems to be on the right track. Please continue.
    There's a 20 word minimum here so this is is just filler.

"Unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Glendora, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Glendora, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and vacation. Loved my colleagues and the team. The work is very meaningful it the politics from executive management weren't there.

Cons

High levels of favoritism from executive management. Extremely low pay for line staff while executive management is making between 250k-350k (look up their 990 taxes!). Very unrealistic expectations of productivity and limited in how you are able to provide therapy to clients. There is a lot of extra paperwork outside of the DMH expected paperwork that is pointless and redundant. The company is extremely top heavy.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Get out of the office and go see what it is like to actually do the job. Try doing what line staff does so you can see how all of your policies and extra paperwork impact client care and the staff. Don't just hold a meeting but really get to know your staff. Realign salaries, trim the fat from the top (I know executive management doesn't want to hear that), and get rid of the duplication of paperwork that isn't DMH.

"We are stressed to our limits."

Former Employee - Mental Health Worker II in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Mental Health Worker II in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my coworkers and clients. It is rewarding to watch people get their lives back.

Cons

The productivity/latency demands are impossible for all but a few people agency wide. The care we give our clients is why we're here. The reason so many leave is due most often to the fact that our performance is judged by numbers. In an intensive program our interventions take an emotional toll , documenting within the time constraints required is impossible for most. If you don't keep up you can't get a raise. I have not had a raise of any kind since 2012.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge in a meaningful way that you understand what the pressure you are placing on us does to our moral and recently to the mental health of your employees, the ones that generate the income. How is it fair for me to generate $35,000 worth of billing in a month and getting $2,000 salary???

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the most reputable community mental health clinics in California

Cons

Since the company was so large it focused a lot on numbers.

"Big Company without the Perks"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

4 weeks vacation...one of the only reasons I'm still here. Line staff that genuinely care about Community mental Health.

Cons

Over about the last two years, there has been EXTREME pressure coming down from management (who, I feel, have NO IDEA what the realities of the work that line staff do) to focus on BILLING and PRODUCTIVITY from staff. This has been to the point where it is increasingly likely to have people fired for not making the cut. While this line of work ahs always been demanding, in previous years though billing and productivity were always stressed as important, I feel as if you were an employee who was trying their best and caring for their clients, you were given a chance to catch up. Nowadays, it's very clear that this part of our job is being micromanaged and that upper management is trying to put rules in place to have consequences for people that are not meeting these requirements. The problem with this is that it is UNREALISTIC to complete our job tasks in the time given. We are not staff who are hanging around all day doing nothing. Client care is important to all of us and we make sure to meet our client's needs. Unfortunately, the way our offices and jobs are setup with many meetings, much administrative paperwork that can't be billed for, non user-friendly computer systems, and too much responsibility being put on line staff for things that are not billable, such as OMA's, the increasing amount of random forms required by either PC or DMH, and understanding of dense MEMO's from random EHIM, HR, or other upper level departments, it is nearly impossible to keep up.

It is well known that NEARLY ALL therapists and case managers take work home (whilst understanding there is an unspoken rule that they can't really openly express how often this needs to happen) to complete billing. Maybe if PC were more flexible with us to allow us telecommute days or other benefits, we could all be open about how to best get all the work done, but I feel like that use middle level management to shield themselves from the realities of the troubles that line staff face and they just put pressure on management to have us line staff either "figure out a way" to do it on our own, or get fired, or get so stressed out that staff leave.

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is when you say that your employees are one of your most valued assets. We haven't felt that for the last several years and we're feeling it even less with this threatening culture of "BILL or be punished."

Realize that more needs to be invested into streamlining processes to take away AS MUCH unbillable work that line staff have to do. Make our work as easy as possible so that we are able to capture all the hard work we put into our clients, by providing us with offices to concentrate and enough administrative staff to keep things organized for us.