Pacific Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
James J. Balla

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits, good place to work (in 10 reviews)

• The work with the clients, the training opportunities, coworkers, diverse caseloads, good benefits, great vacation and sick time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Billable hours are not realistic (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay - difficulty navigating supervisors - supervision not adequate to work on skill building (in 6 reviews)

1. "An okay place to work"

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No stress, comfortable environment, helpful and nice staff, employee friendly policies, job security,

Cons

Limited opportunity for advancement, VERY slow process to change or get anything done, lack of motivation to perform at higher levels or do outstanding work, training program needs huge improvement,

Advice to Management

Reward staff that wants to go above and beyond and truly excel; reward and help support and implement good ideas for improvement.

2. "Pay is low"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is great, employees are awesome

Cons

Pay is very low... like very low. High turn over rate.

Advice to Management

For upper management, employees work hard to earn less than average salary. It’ll help the employees and it will keep the turn over rate low.

3. "Mental Health Therapist"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist
    Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their benefit package is very good. I particularly like their training institute that is free of charge. Especially for pre-license employee that will be a big help to help them get through all the prerequisite classes.

Cons

Definitely the salary is less than county DMH, and like most contracted non profit agencies, they have to fulfill the productivity requirement.

Advice to Management

Insofar I quite like the management as they act respectfully of their employee. Please continue to have the open door policy to let the employee voice out their concerns.

4. "Not the worst I've experienced but could definitely use some improvements"

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time

Pros

Cons

Focus on quantity of care/productivity, high caseloads, overworked and underpaid, not much room for advancement

"Top heavy - too many executives."

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great cause. Excellent benefits: medical/dental/vision, vacation, sick time and holidays. Many hard- working employees who really care about client care services.

Cons

Unrealistic Expectations from senior mgmt. They kept hiring high-paying senior mgmt positions, who in turn just create more unnecessary work to already very lean workforce - just to justify their high-paying positions. Employee morale is low. Very high turn over of employees. Their pay scale is a BIG joke. There is still a big gender gap on pay scale.

Advice to Management

If Management wants to increase productivity and improve the quality of service, don't just keep hiring executive positions. Add new positions where they are much needed and hire people who will actually do the work and make it happen for the agency. Your high performing employees are burnt out as they are always awarded with increased workload with shorter deadlines.

6. "Marriage and family therapist"

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time

Pros

great supervision, good client caseload

Cons

a lot of paperwork due to DMH requirements

7. "It depends a lot on the location"

Former Employee - Mental Health Therapist I in Yucca Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Mental Health Therapist I in Yucca Valley, CA

I worked at Pacific Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are excellent. It's a big corporation, so there are lots of different cities and types of facilities. Some venues have a friendly, family-like atmosphere and are very pleasant to work at.

Cons

Not very employee friendly. They claim to put staff first, but it isn't true. They also force you to go to the same city for training at the same time as other new hires, which in my case was a 2.5 hr drive each way and you had to be there early in the morning, stay till rush hour, and do it for several days. Even for explanation of benefits.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to get the training. Sending everybody to the same city, no matter how distant, is not employee-friendly and causes unnecessary hardship.

8. "Therapist"

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time

Pros

Supervisor and director is supportive, great team and cares for client

Cons

Too much emphasis on productivity. No enough recognition from supervisors for the work done. Can only take vacation if you meet productivity. Rare salary increase

9. "Mental health worker"

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love my team! They keep me going.

Cons

Very stressful job. Not enough pay for what we do.

10. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pacific Clinics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great mission; great staff. Employees work hard and the Programs really care about the clients. Excellent vacation and sick time.

Cons

Too political. Change can be good but the company has changed for the worst. The focus is on productivity. Employees work very hard but there is no compassion for them. Very rare 2-4% salary increases & 403b contributions. The employee survey was a joke! Most employees are frustrated.

Advice to Management

Stop looking through rose colored glasses. Show that you care about your employees; people are not working on a production line. Pay attention, listen to the employees; you may learn something. Stop saying they 'just don't like change.' Since when? We're used to making changes all the time.